Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When mates let you down

• 14-06-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

A few weeks ago myself and my mate had to go to a mates father’s removal wake thingy up the country in the middle of nowhere. We got lost on the way and I spotted a petrol station and we pulled in for directions.
    There was a car pulling out and I hopped out and got the attention of the driver and asked where the house was.
    “Oh just folle me I’m heading there meself” said the crudely looking character. I ran back to the car and hopped in and just about to say “Great just” when my mate floored it and cut you man up out in front of him and sped off down the road chuckling “Out of my way slow coach”

I yelled what the hell and he replied he not going to be stuck behind a slow coach piece of sh**it.
    I finally got it through that we were meant to be following him and he had to turn and go back, but too late, he had turned off a different road and twenty minutes we finally reached our destination.
    Outside the house I was having a few cans with some fellow wakers when your man comes up to me and said what I did was acting the blaggard and my mate pipes up Yea ya bo***llix Lando ha ha!
    This is not the first time and wont be the last he acted the idiot, but sure he is a mate since year dot and a good one.
    Have your mates ever let you down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i thought this was going to be a thread about your mate ACTUALLY letting you down. what he did here was act the bollocks and sure who cares, you got there 20 minutes afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Doesn't sound like he let you down, just sounds like he's a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Yeah, they have. I was quite pee'd off at one great friend when she never came to my 30th. She had to go to her niece's 1st birthday on the same day, but that was the afternoon and mine was evening. It was just an excuse really.

Your friend sounds immature - he'll grow out of being rude to people but it'll take you (amd many others over time) to say quietly that he really annoyed you by being an ignorant prick. He'll learn eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I think your next step is to propose to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bell Butter

Yeah, I screwed the mates missus loads of times then married her, what an awful cúnt I am. It would've happened no matter what, she was chasing me for about two years until I gave in.

The mate in question, I haven't seen him since, that was 11 years ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I screwed the mates missus loads of times then married her, what an awful cúnt I am. It would've happened no matter what, she was chasing me for about two years until I gave in.

you sound like an absolutely wonderful person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

shut up lando ye bollix, he was only having a laugh

FatherLen wrote: »
    you sound like an absolute wonderful person

I am believe, me I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I am believe, me I am.

Is this like one of those philosophical statements 'I think, therefore I am'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Jogathon wrote: »
    Yeah, they have. I was quite pee'd off at one great friend when she never came to my 30th. She had to go to her niece's 1st birthday on the same day, but that was the afternoon and mine was evening. It was just an excuse really.
    That's the best example you have of a friend letting you down? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Was he going out with her when you screwed her?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yes.

That's bad form :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

“Great just” when my mate floored it and cut your man up out in front of him and sped off down the road chuckling “Out of my way slow coach”[/FONT]
    I yelled what the hell and he replied he not going to be stuck behind a slow coach piece of sh**it.

Your friend sounds like an aggressive boy racer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Once upon a time, I let a load of things slide when it came to mates. Stopped doing that a few years back, and haven't looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe but the friend got rid of two cunts from his life in one go so there's always a silver lining.

The result would've been the same in any event, I can't go into detail but even if she'd left him, It still wouldn't have been ok with him or anyone else. There are reasons why she didn't. I'm not a horrible bugger. It was just a mad situation at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jogathon wrote: »
    God who cares if she didn't go to your party? What are you 5?

stovelid wrote: »
    Maybe but the friend got rid of two cunts from his life in one go so there's always a silver lining.

Don't judge, you don't know the details.

phasers wrote: »
    God who cares if she didn't go to your party? What are you 5?

Hold on - he'll cry if he wants to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

You're the one bragging about how you had to sneak your way into someone else's relationship.

Personally I'd make up a new meet up story for yourself and the wife as that one really shows you both in a terrible light.

• The result would've been the same in any event, I can't go into detail but even if she'd left him, It still wouldn't have been ok with him or anyone else. There are reasons why she didn't. I'm not a horrible bugger. It was just a mad situation at the time.

I wonder how many other people she's shagging now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Once a cheater, always a cheater tbh. She's probably cheating on you right now

I wonder how many other people she's shagging now.
    phasers wrote: »
    Once a cheater, always a cheater tbh. She's probably cheating on you right now
    You're the one bragging about how you had to sneak your way into someone else's relationship.

Personally I'd make up a new meet up story for yourself and the wife as that one really shows you both in a terrible light.

More please..

• More please..

Just can't imagine what kind of situation would lead to a woman 'chasing' and screwing another guy for 2 years while 'not being able' to leave her partner but OK. I met my current partner while I was living with my emotionally and physically abusive ex. I still left him first.

You know what they say "get too close to someone and they will piss on you when the sun is shining"

Wait.....do they not say that? :(

More please..

you smell

Just can't imagine what kind of situation would lead to a woman 'chasing' and screwing another guy for 2 years while 'not being able' to leave her partner but OK. I met my current partner while I was living with my emotionally and physically abusive ex. I still left him first.

She was in an emotionally abusive relationship too, without giving other details about very important family issues as well I can't say anymore.

you smell

Thanks lenny.

• Advertisement

She was in an emotionally abusive relationship too, without giving other details about very important family issues as well I can't say anymore.

So you were motivated by pity when you
    screwed the mates missus loads of times.

That's a lot of sympathy shags right there. Still as you point out
    what an awful cúnt I am.

Still fair play to her to stand up to years of emotional abuse while
    she was chasing me for about two years until I gave in.

Still you're obviously an honourable guy considering how you stood steadfast with this "emotionally abusive" man until you were worn down enough to take his missus.

Most people would be so disgusted by a person abusing their partner they wouldn't stay friends with them. Still most men aren't dreaming of shagging their mate's wife either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Tbh you don't need to justify it. If people want to judge you **** them, don't feel like you need to explain yourself.

And Im not saying cheating is ok. Its the one thing i could never understand but that doesn't mean you need to justify yourself or your situation to a bunch of randomers on the internet who are obviously all without sin or regret judging by their posts.

branbee wrote: »
    Tbh you don't need to justify it. If people want to judge you **** them, don't feel like you need to explain yourself.

And Im not saying cheating is ok. Its the one thing i could never understand but that doesn't mean you need to justify yourself or your situation to a bunch of randomers on the internet who are obviously all without sin or regret judging by their posts.

Amen. If they even knew the good I've done helping other people over the years they wouldn't be so judgmental.

Any way I've said way too much, I think I'll close this account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I am believe, me I am.

Reminded of me of this ...

• branbee wrote: »

Nope, he doesn't have to explain. But this is a discussion forum. If you don't want your posts to be discussed then don't post, tbh.

Amen. If they even knew the good I've done helping other people over the years they wouldn't be so judgmental.

why on earth would you close your account?

• Advertisement

branbee wrote: »

he set himself up for that really

close the account buddy and start again imo ;)

In case his ex-friend realises the car accident was staged, they're both still alive and manages to tracks them down to their house in Cape Fear.

I've kind of got off on the wrong foot here, without giving precise details, I'll be remembered as the cúnt that shagged his mates missus. Believe me I's not something I am proud of. I can't give any more details. If you knew the whole picture then maybe you would think differently, it's not as black and white as it seems.

the cúnt that shagged his mates missus

that would be a cool user name btw :)

I've kind of got off on the wrong foot here, without giving precise details, I'll be remembered as the cúnt that shagged his mates missus. Believe me I's not something I am proud of. I can't give any more details. If you knew the whole picture then maybe you would think differently, it's not as black and white as it seems.

ah you wont, we all have shaky starts. sure i got banned for ten days for calling a very important person on boards a jerk.

• Advertisement

• I've kind of got off on the wrong foot here, without giving precise details, I'll be remembered as the cúnt that shagged his mates missus. Believe me I's not something I am proud of. I can't give any more details. If you knew the whole picture then maybe you would think differently, it's not as black and white as it seems.

Is it ever, though?

Is it ever, though?

No I suppose it isn't.

. Believe me I's not something I am proud of.

This begs to differ.
    If you knew the whole picture then maybe you would think differently

Eh, You know the whole story and as son as you saw this thread all you could think of was "wow an opportunity to show off."

As someone who had a family member in an physically abusive relationship, I reckon that if your story was in any way true (apart from the cheating) you wouldn't be using it as a "funny" story on boards.

This begs to differ.

Eh, You know the whole story and as son as you saw this thread all you could think of was "wow an opportunity to show off."

As someone who had a family member in an physically abusive relationship, I reckon that if your story was in any way true (apart from the cheating) you wouldn't be using it as a "funny" story on boards.

You haven't a clue, I think you just want more info or just want to push buttons. I'll remain calm because I do want to come back to boards. You have really annoyed me, you have no idea.

Good bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

In case his ex-friend realises the car accident was staged, they're both still alive and manages to tracks them down to their house in Cape Fear.
    I saw that sh1t in a movie, I thought it was bullsh1t!

Good bye.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

:cool:

You have really annoyed me, you have no idea.

Good bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two of my best friends and my future brother in law "lost" me on my stag do in Las Vegas a few years ago. When I say lost, they drunkingly locked me on the roof of our hotel when I was passed out in bed and couldn't remember. Apparently, got into awful capers in their subsequent search for me.

When they did find me, on the day of the wedding no less, I was sunburnt to f*ck and royally pissed off. Didn't miss the wedding though, so all is forgiven.

You haven't a clue, I think you just want more info or just want to push buttons. I'll remain calm because I do want to come back to boards. You have really annoyed me, you have no idea.

Good bye.

Of course you will remain calm. There'll be no rise out of you because it's obvious you have great control over your emotions.

Sure you managed to ward off the sexual advances of an emotionally abused woman for two years before finally surrendering. Even then you remained so steadfast and calm that rather than manning up and confronting your mate over your new relationship you decided to "screw her loads of times" ensuring you endangered her safety more.

What a Prince!

Two of my best friends and my future brother in law "lost" me on my stag do in Las Vegas a few years ago. When I say lost, they drunkingly locked me on the roof of our hotel when I was passed out in bed and couldn't remember. Apparently, got into awful capers in their subsequent search for me.

When they did find me, on the day of the wedding no less, I was sunburnt to f*ck and royally pissed off. Didn't miss the wedding though, so all is forgiven.

i somewhat recognise this tale. did exactly the same thing happen in thailand only with a different friend?

• Advertisement
Advertisement