Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When mates let you down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Good bye.
    What a Prince!

hope you're happy btw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

davet82 wrote: »
    hope you're happy btw :rolleyes:

Not really Dave.

As long as he was posting on here we could be assured he wasn't off taking advantage of fragile women. Now though. . . Who knows what battered women's shelter he's prowling around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thought I was reading a Roddy Doyle script there for a minute, as I was reading the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Well this thread got a bit Simon of Seriousness.. :rolleyes:

One of my best friends text me the other day telling me she no longer wanted to be friends and that her boyfriend is the only person she needs in her life and she needed space.. It's like something out of 90210, we're in our 20s like!

Anyway I may have told her she looked like a goat and that if it's space she wants, space she can have.

Anyway, I'm now holding auditions for a new friend, anyone? No? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

One of my best friends text me the other day telling me she no longer wanted to be friends and that her boyfriend is the only person she needs in her life and she needed space.. It's like something out of 90210, we're in our 20s like!

Anyway I may have told her she looked like a goat and that if it's space she wants, space she can have.

so you got friendzoned and started stalking her?

shag her bf, its the only way :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Something tells me I wouldn't last a day as your friend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

One of my best friends text me the other day telling me she no longer wanted to be friends and that her boyfriend is the only person she needs in her life and she needed space..

She's double-bluffing you and wants Axminster action.

syndeyfife wrote: »

Thats the thing though, I may be bias but I think i'm a pretty good friend! I'd been friends with her for over 7 years. It pi**ed me off because of her inability to find a balance between friends and boyfriend so she freaked out and ditched her friends. I suppose some people find it harder than others, I just dont understand how!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Does she look like a goat though? Pics? I've recently acquired space for a new friend,we should hook up

Thats the thing though, I may be bias but I think i'm a pretty good friend! I'd been friends with her for over 7 years. It pi**ed me off because of her inability to find a balance between friends and boyfriend so she freaked out and ditched her friends. I suppose some people find it harder than others, I just dont understand how!

Because she knows if it doesn't work out with her new boyfriend she can always just come crawling back to you for a shoulder to cry on.

Whereas if she spent time with you she might feel her boyfriend will get the hump with her.

Either that or he's purposely trying to separate her from her friends so he can bully her emotionally.

Or something entirely different...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Maybe she was just looking for a reason to dump you, the boyfriend may not be real :pac:.

Either way, don't take the wagon back.

Either that or he's purposely trying to separate her from her friends so he can bully her emotionally.

Goddamit if only there was someone in this thread who could recognise the signs.

Goddamit if only there was someone in this thread who could recognise the signs.

The fact that she looks like a goat would probably make her an easy target, low self esteem, the thoughts of never settling down and having kids....

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Damn, I thought this was a thread about faulty condoms and the life changing repercussions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Anyway, I'm now holding auditions for a new friend, anyone?
    I've recently acquired space for a new friend,we should hook up

Pics?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Pics?

Yeah I'm gonna need to see pics of her... can't have an uggo friend like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'll be Thelma and you can be Louise..

Uggo, that made me lol considerably..

Uggo, that made me lol considerably..

1 point.

• Advertisement

Highly possible, he's a bit of a bollix at times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Reminded of me of this ...

Just like this sentence did for me…
    If people want to judge you **** them

mattjack wrote: »
    I'll be Thelma and you can be Louise..
    Thelma is fierce attractive. I'm no Brad Pitt, but let me know if you're short a J.D.

Thelma is fierce attractive. I'm no Brad Pitt, but let me know if you're short a J.D.

Erm , at the risk of asking a stupid question , whats a J.D. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Are you the guy who used to go out with his partner?
    Care to fill all of us in on all of the details that no one else here knows? It might help make you look better while you try to goad and bully a new member of the site.
    Is it your time of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

The result would've been the same in any event, I can't go into detail but even if she'd left him, It still wouldn't have been ok with him or anyone else. There are reasons why she didn't. I'm not a horrible bugger. It was just a mad situation at the time.

It happens. My missus and me first met when we were 16 and she was going out with my mate at the time. Had feelings for her since I saw her and stuff...they broke up a few times, I went off and became a man, she a woman and he stayed a child. Our paths crossed four years later and we've been together ever since. He has remained a bitter little man...it would have happened sooner,almost when they were together, but I went off to work she to college.

Erm , at the risk of asking a stupid question , whats a J.D. ?

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0032905/

Also does my user name not give a hint ? I carry a similar undercarriage to J.D.

Also does my user name not give a hint ? I carry a similar undercarriage to J.D.

What's your point?

Shryke wrote: »
    Care to fill all of us in on all of the details that no one else here knows? It might help make you look better while you try to goad and bully a new member of the site.

Goad and bully? Get over yourself. I took offence at someone cheapening a real and distinct ordeal for many people. Something I have experience of unlike the poster you refer to. Now you're having a go at me for having a go at someone who bragged about fúcking his mate's wife before pretending she was emotionally abused when he didn't get the high fives he was expecting?

If that's too hard to grasp I suggest you reread my posts or have someone explain them to you using pictures or speaking slowly. Whatever will help that brain of yours to do more than flicker dimly.

I suggest you get back on your white mouse and ride off again. Save your shooting straight from the keyboard until you're not defending the indefensible. Maybe go argue with people in personal issues.

• Advertisement

If you're JD, I definitely want to be your friend! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I was a little saddened reading through those posts, watching a new member of boards getting pushed out before he even had a chance here. Cut the guy a bit of slack, we have all done things we aren't proud of, I know I'v done plenty myself.

He probably thinks we're an awful shower here on boards. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

U2 Zoo-ropa tour. I didn't buy a ticket because I thought I couldn't go due to other commitments and when I found my schedule was actually going to be clear that day, the tickets were sold out.

Friend breaks up with his girlfriend a few weeks before the concert and asks me whether I want the ticket. I say yes and I offer to pay on the spot. He tells me I can pay him on the day when we meet to head off to the concert.

A few days before the concert we arrange to meet at another mates house who is going to the concert with us.

Get up the day of the concert, Sh1t, Shower, Shave etc and head off to the mates house thats 10 minutes walk away to meet up with the lads.

Arrive and the mate informs me that I can't have the ticket after all because he met a girl in Coppers the night before and invited here instead.

ie. Promises me ticket weeks before hand, no phone call, lets me meet up with them, then tells me he's giving the ticket to some random bint he met the night before.

I walked away or else I would have hit him.

Pretty much broke all contact with him for years. He came back to Ireland from the US years later to visit family and visited the pub I worked in at the time. Kept giving me 5-10 euro tips on every order. I told him not to, that the tips were excessive, but was told by him that. "Sure I'm a millionaire now. Don't worry"

I kept all the tips he gave me separate from the rest of my tips just in case. Sure enough, the end of the night comes and he comes over to me and accuses me of short changing him all night. I'm like WTF, are you mental. You gave me huge tips that I told you were excessive all night. I tried to refuse them but you were literally shoving the money into my pocket..........No I didn't, you were short changing me.

Took his tips that I had kept separate and threw them at him.

Haven't spoken to the fcuking lunatic since.

. . .

someone who bragged about fúcking his mate's wife before pretending she was emotionally abused when he didn't get the high fives he was expecting?
    I was a little saddened reading through those posts, watching a new member of boards getting pushed out before he even had a chance here. Cut the guy a bit of slack, we have all done things we aren't proud of, I know I'v done plenty myself.

in a nutshell thats what happened and he took a bit of stick for it, some took the piss and someone else put him in his place... hence when he suggested starting a new account, i agreed. The chap made an idiot of himself all by himself.

Calibos wrote: »
    U2 Zoo-ropa tour. I didn't buy a ticket because I thought I couldn't go due to other commitments and when I found my schedule was actually going to be clear that day, the tickets were sold out.

Friend breaks up with his girlfriend a few weeks before the concert and asks me whether I want the ticket. I say yes and I offer to pay on the spot. He tells me I can pay him on the day when we meet to head off to the concert.

A few days before the concert we arrange to meet at another mates house who is going to the concert with us.

Get up the day of the concert, Sh1t, Shower, Shave etc and head off to the mates house thats 10 minutes walk away to meet up with the lads.

Arrive and the mate informs me that I can't have the ticket after all because he met a girl in Coppers the night before and invited here instead.

ie. Promises me ticket weeks before hand, no phone call, lets me meet up with them, then tells me he's giving the ticket to some random bint he met the night before.

I walked away or else I would have hit him.

Pretty much broke all contact with him for years. He came back to Ireland from the US years later to visit family and visited the pub I worked in at the time. Kept giving me 5-10 euro tips on every order. I told him not to, that the tips were excessive, but was told by him that. "Sure I'm a millionaire now. Don't worry"

I kept all the tips he gave me separate from the rest of my tips just in case. Sure enough, the end of the night comes and he comes over to me and accuses me of short changing him all night. I'm like WTF, are you mental. You gave me huge tips that I told you were excessive all night. I tried to refuse them but you were literally shoving the money into my pocket..........No I didn't, you were short changing me.

Took his tips that I had kept separate and threw them at him.

Haven't spoken to the fcuking lunatic since.

Bats in the belfry.. what a nut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

My friend broke into my house at 4am to get busy with some randomer she'd just met in Coppers. They set off the burglar alarm and I arrived home to find the Gardaí on the doorstep.

To make matters worse, she attempted a screaming match in the driveway when I told her to get her things and get out, at which stage the people next door arrived to inform me that their children had been screaming for hours as a result of the noise and the doctors on the other side also popped their heads in to mention they'd be holding a Resident's Committee meeting to discuss what had happened.

She's not my friend anymore

Goad and bully? Get over yourself. I took offence at someone cheapening a real and distinct ordeal for many people. Something I have experience of unlike the poster you refer to. Now you're having a go at me for having a go at someone who bragged about fúcking his mate's wife before pretending she was emotionally abused when he didn't get the high fives he was expecting?

If that's too hard to grasp I suggest you reread my posts or have someone explain them to you using pictures or speaking slowly. Whatever will help that brain of yours to do more than flicker dimly.

I suggest you get back on your white mouse and ride off again. Save your shooting straight from the keyboard until you're not defending the indefensible. Maybe go argue with people in personal issues.

Cuckoo much?
    You don't know anything about the people involved. You're projecting you're own crap onto someone else and it's very ugly.
    If this is how abusive you get right now then whoever left you is better off.

gara wrote: »
    My friend broke into my house at 4am to get busy with some randomer she'd just met in Coppers. They set off the burglar alarm and I arrived home to find the Gardaí on the doorstep.

To make matters worse, she attempted a screaming match in the driveway when I told her to get her things and get out, at which stage the people next door arrived to inform me that their children had been screaming for hours as a result of the noise and the doctors on the other side also popped their heads in to mention they'd be holding a Resident's Committee meeting to discuss what had happened.

She's not my friend anymore

cock blocker :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cuckoo much?
    You don't know anything about the people involved. You're projecting you're own crap onto someone else and it's very ugly.

Cuckoo. Eh you mean cuckold right? Or do you? Maybe at this point you're just mashing the keyboard in the hope of something accurate appearing. Obviously you didn't read my posts no?

Anyway no, I'm not speaking from anything that happened in my own relationships. I do however have a sister that was emotionally abused for several years before finally having her arm broken by her then husband. An ex husband that even today parks just up from her house despite protection orders etc. An ex husband that I have to treat with as he calls to my house to collect his son as my sister is too terrified to meet him. An ex husband that parks outside other family member's homes when he knows there's a family birthday on so she can see him. An ex husband that has destroyed the happy, wonderful, intelligent, courageous sister of mine and left a shell in it's place.

So yeah, well apologies if I find it that bit harder than most to respect people lying about abuse as a joke.

this was a pretty shít thread thats gone way off course maybe time to lock this one up?

davet82 wrote: »
    this was a pretty shít thread thats gone way off course maybe time to lock this one up?

Hold your horses - I'm fairly sure mattjack is falling for me.

no maybe about it then, lock it now!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Cuckoo. Eh you mean cuckold right? Or do you? Maybe at this point you're just mashing the keyboard in the hope of something accurate appearing. Obviously you didn't read my posts no?

Anyway no, I'm not speaking from anything that happened in my own relationships. I do however have a sister that was emotionally abused for several years before finally having her arm broken by her then husband. An ex husband that even today parks just up from her house despite protection orders etc. An ex husband that I have to treat with as he calls to my house to collect his son as my sister is too terrified to meet him. An ex husband that parks outside other family member's homes when he knows there's a family birthday on so she can see him. An ex husband that has destroyed the happy, wonderful, intelligent, courageous sister of mine and left a shell in it's place.

So yeah, well apologies if I find it that bit harder than most to respect people lying about abuse as a joke.

Understandable that you would be angry with a situation like that, but maybe its not fair to be directing that anger at anonymous internet posters? Hope your situation at home improves, best of luck.

Cuckoo much?

Like I said, you're projecting your own issues. Don't spew vile at someone you know nothing about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

...but he's a mate, so what can ya do?
    -Trainspotting

Like I said, you're projecting your own issues. Don't spew vile at someone you know nothing about.

Oh thank you Doctor for explaining what's going on :rolleyes:

Are you for real? Sure the only vileness is where I'm quoting his posts.

This thread is horribly confusing - can someone explain what exactly Shryke and UfC are arguing about? :confused:
    Also, there's no way that poor "n00b" was a n00b...

This thread is horribly confusing - can someone explain what exactly Shryke and UfC are arguing about? :confused:
    Also, there's no way that poor "n00b" was a n00b...

Whether or not it was wrong of me to have a go at the "noob" for doing the dirtie on his friend and then claiming he'd done it to rescue the woman from emotional abuse.

That's literally it.

I'm consulting with mrs Mattjack on this one... hold your various horses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement