Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to Ireland and returning to US during a J1 for an emergency

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Wasn't sure if this is the appropriate forum but I just have a quick question about a J1 issue. I was wondering if it's possilble to leave the US during a J1 to return to Ireland for an emergency like a bereavement/sick family member etc and then return to the States? Does this pose any problems or does the visa allow you to do this in extreme cases?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from USA Travel to USA forum as that is where J1 questions go *****

As far as I know, the J1 allows for multiple entries, so there should be no issues. Depending on the type of J1 you have, there may be an issue if you are quitting your internship because of the emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Soi15

thanks for the reply...apologies for posting in the wrong section: is it possible to have it reposted in that forum please?

Cheers,

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

No need to re-post, it is here now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

I would just make sure your DS2019 is stamped by your J1 company showing you are in good standing so you can re enter.

Advertisement