Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Science 2012 (HL & OL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

It wasn't too bad but I still only scraped a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2creator

That was a way harder paper than any previous year. Probably will still get an A but there was a good few I couldn't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Oh god my daughter just texted she thought the Physics was very hard:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

I thought that was a very nice paper overall, good variety and no sign of chemical bonding (which most seem to dislike).

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

Opened up the paper and thought:c5b7c_funny-captions-spiderman-da-fuq.png

Seriously though, I thought Physics was fair, biology and chemistry though were quite difficult, what was the answer for the table of gases one?

• Advertisement

I thought that was a very nice paper overall, good variety and no sign of chemical bonding (which most seem to dislike).

I'm good at chemical bonding! Nearly all the experiments that came up I wasn't confident on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Didn't ionic bonding come up in sodium chloride? Can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 harich56

That was pretty hard. I think ill still get the A though. Harder than any past exam.

Didn't ionic bonding come up in sodium chloride? Can't remember.

Oh yeah sorry :P ..forgot that. That was it though..usually there's more.

DaleHyland wrote: »

Seriously though, I thought Physics was fair, biology and chemistry though were quite difficult, what was the answer for the table of gases one?

Apparently it was CO2 and water vapour. I had written nitrogen.

• Advertisement

What table of gases one? :confused:

Can't believe so many people left early! I was writing till the last 5 minutes.

2creator wrote: »
    Apparently it was CO2 and water vapour. I had written nitrogen.

Oh right that one..yeah it was CO2 and Water vapour

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I guessed and got it right, is the reason why water varies humidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 harich56

Was the train tracks 1 due to heat?

I guessed and got it right, is the reason why water varies humidity?

I said temperature but I think both will do. I hope.

I said the reason gases are less soluble at higher temperatures was heating drives air from the water anyone?

harich56 wrote: »
    Yeah I said that too.

I said the reason gases are less soluble at higher temperatures was heating drives air from the water anyone?

I said that the water was evaporating and therefore dispersing the gas.

2creator wrote: »

I said that the water was evaporating and therefore dispersing the gas.
    At like 20 degrees? I'd say the right answer now I think about it is convection shoving the air to the top or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I found it quite tough, although I'll still probably scrape an A.

I think the problem was that I studied for all the really hard stuff so much they became my strong points....and then all the easy stuff came up (which I didn't study for)

A fair exam though to be honest, it could have been worse, but it definitely could have been easier!

I'm just surprised by how long it took me, I was taking my time, but I still wasn't finished until 11,...usually finished within the hour. Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yeah, I said they warped because of the amount of heat they received over the past couple of years they have been put down.

I keep thinking of wood though, not sure if the same rule aplies for metal :rolleyes:

Hmm... I thought it was due to the fact that solids can melt and therefore the molecules can spread apart, whereas gas molecules gain speed & rapid
    motion when heated...stopping them from becoming soluble....

Although I could be wrong, I'm not too sure on it myself,

lee3155 wrote: »
    Yeah, I said they warped because of the amount of heat they received over the past couple of years they have been put down.

I keep thinking of wood though, not sure if the same rule aplies for metal :rolleyes:

Yup the metal expands when heated too....according to my science teacher.....I just said "tracks" to keep it general because I wasn't sure either

EDIT: Did anyone see that question "bart is doing lines" ....because I read it over and over before noticing the picture accompanying it...thought the examiners had gone bananas.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thecrammer

Why did everyone say for the physics question, and it showed a diagram and it was like "name B and C" ?
    Physics was hard I thought, biology and chem were grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

I said rusting for the train tracks :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Yep, heat causes metal to expand.

Troxck wrote: »
    Yep, heat causes metal to expand.

Darn, I said they warped because of the heat. Technically right yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

What are my chances of a C when I'm pretty sure I got almost all all Physics right, about 70% in Biology and incredibly low in Chemistry? I really want an honours because for the last 3 years my teacher never taught us anything, we just watched wildlife documentaries.

• Advertisement

Troxck wrote: »
    What are my chances of a C when I'm pretty sure I got almost all all Physics right, about 70% in Biology and incredibly low in Chemistry? I really want an honours because for the last 3 years my teacher never taught us anything, we just watched wildlife documentaries.

You should definately. Remember you get a percent for your experiments copy alongside of your project which you filled in prior to the Junior Cert.

Advertisement