Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Fare's / Routes

Options
  • 14-06-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

So Bus Eireann's site is appallingly bad. Anyway im looking at saving myself a chunk of cash by ditching my rented parking space in the city and instead start using the bus.

1st Question, what are the fare's? Going from Broadale, Marybourgh Hill to City Centre.
    2nd Anyone tell me bus numbers that is it just the 216?

That one seems to take along time on the return run?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

216 is your only man, unless you fancy a wander into Douglas village from there.

Fares are €1.70 each way, weekly is €17.50 for ten journeys, Monthly pass (for all city services) €62.00.

have a look at annual taxsaver tickets from your employer as well. could save you nice bit of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Thanks!,

So 1.70each way = 3.40 return * 5 = 17.00

Weekly ticket 17.50? Um?

I hope this is only temporary, i need to save cash for a deposit to move in with my girlfriend, will re-look at things then when I know where we live etc.. :)

Bus Eireann have a funny way of going about things ;)

for commuting though the city bus services arent too bad, my only tip is to not leave too late for town as Douglas can be pretty congested and add a good few minutes to the journey overall

good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

...have a look at annual taxsaver tickets from your employer as well. could save you nice bit of cash.

If you go down the bus route this is the way to go. If your employer isn't signed up to this then get them to do it.

By the way, for the busses in Cork the ticket is monthly and will cover you for the City and Orbital services. You can cancel before the middle of any month so you won't be stuck if the bus journey isn't for you.

As I do a school run in the morning I take a minimum of 17 busses a week so I save hand over fist with this option and I never have to worry about not having change in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The 216 costs more than 1.70 doesn't it? I've got it the odd time and it was more than the standard fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The 222 also goes down Maryborough Hill and into town. Pretty much the same stops as the 216 as far as it concerns you. Although the 222 has two routes, really. The ones that go to Maryborough (on it's way to and from Carrigaline) are marked with an "M" on the timetable. I have no idea how much it costs from where you are though.

Ludo wrote: »
    The 216 costs more than 1.70 doesn't it? I've got it the odd time and it was more than the standard fare.

really? if so that's scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Pretty sure when the standard fare was 1.60 the trip from the south mall to mount oval on the 216 cost 1.90. I know the fare from the petrol station on the rochestown road to town used to cost 2.00 then also on the 223.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Just to confirm it is 1.70 from Broadale to the City on the 216 anyway.

Advertisement