Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating a recovering alcoholic, need advise plssssss

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I hope someone can help me resolve an issue I have, Im in my mid thirties recently started dating a recovering alcoholic in his mid forties, his being attending Al Anon for 6 years and holds his own sponsorship group as well.
    I was raised in an alcoholic home, my father eventually died from the disease after a binge lasting weeks. his heart gave up, i was 21, I then went on to date alcoholics for years and lived that rollercoaster life with them,binge drinking myself to excessive points where I would take any man home to bed, looking for some kinda comfort, sex was always mind blowing but felt awful for days r weeks after, one nite stands etc, eventually 5 years ago i decided enough was enough and did my own self help, i needed to find answers to why i was falling for these men who abuse alcohol and me, i only drink now once every few months and theses sessions end up all niters on the drink and prefable taking a man home, I found a new hobbie that i adore and stayed single for the past 3 years and now ive found the most wonderful caring gentle man whos so kind to me and very affectionate, like a said his a recovering alcoholic, we feel we he common ground and when he comes in from a meeting to see me we talk it over and his such a possitive influence on me, now my problem is I dont know how to deal with a recovering alcoholic as im only used to the abusers of it, my problem is the sex, i found a level of intimacy i never experienced before with this man, and now i dont know is sex an issue for them, we communicate so well i dont like to ask as he might feel ive a problem with our sex life, which i do not, i enjoy the closeness, i just dont understand why he doesnt jump on me like the other men.,, feeling very confused, any light would help on this..thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement