Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone speak Korean?

• 14-06-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi

I'm not sure to post this but I need to find someone who can speak Korean... Can anyone here or can anyone point me in the right direction. Google translate etc is no good to me, I need someone who can speak the language to translate a few short phrases exactly.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Moved from Travel.

Thanks!! I didn't know this forum existed - it's exactly where I should've been in the first place :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What's the phrases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Yes I'd be able to give it a good bash! Pm if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

약간 한국어를 구사

내가 당신을 도와

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daesu

How short and simple are these phrases ? Google translate isn't terrible if the phrases are very short and simple. It'll be obvious that it's machine translated though and it'll probably sound quite strange.

e.g. If you throw "I love you" into Google it will translate it as;

난 당신을 사랑 해요.
    I(Subject) you(Object) Love Do(Polite)

Koreans will understand this without any problem but it'll be obvious it's machine translated because in Korean you very rarely use pronouns and you'd never use them when talking to someone directly like this. So a Korean would just say;

사랑해. Literally 'Love do'. No need for 'I' or 'You' or the 요 which is just for politeness. In fact saying 'I' or 'My' in Korean is not only unnecessary but considered rude most of the time.

Advertisement