Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Bainisteoir 2012???

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just wondering if anybody knows is there a series of this show being made this year???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Sleaty

Just wondering if anybody knows is there a series of this show being made this year???

Celebrity Bsinisteoir is back this year with teams from Longford, Tullow and Tramore picked already. Our team Killeshin were in it last year and it was a deadly experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Isityourself

Longford yeah?! Im from longford do you know what club???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Calum Best will be returning to these shores to take part in another reality show, the Diary can reveal.
    The 31-year-old lothario, who struck up a romance with Georgia Salpa on TV3's Celeb Salon last year, is coming back for another turn on our small screens.
    Only this time around, he's working for rival station RTE after signing up to Celebrity Bainisteoir.
    The half-Irish partyboy has just signed up to take part in the popular programme.
    "Given the fact that his dad was one of Ireland's greatest ever footballers, he has always been really interested in sport although he never played himself.

"This will be his first time coming into contact with the whole GAA scene so it should make for interesting viewing as it's all a far cry from the glamorous scene that his dad would have inhabited," said an insider.
    Best has appeared in at least seven different reality shows over the years, including Celebrity Love Island and Celebrity Come Dine With Me, so is well used to the format.
    And in good news for Best's Irish fans, he's currently single which means we can expect lots of sightings of him hitting the hot spots around town this summer.
    He's not the only familiar face taking part in the show, which sees celebrities enlisted to coach their home-town GAA team and compete against other teams until they're whittled down to an overall winner.
    A source has revealed that top model Pippa O'Connor will also be taking part with hubbie Brian Ormond. But the pair won't be doubling up on the new show -- they'll be going up against each other.
    The happy couple, who are due to celebrate their first wedding anniversary next Thursday, will be putting all their feelings aside to compete in the new programme.
    "Pippa will probably be overseeing a team from Kildare, given that she's from Johnstown and Brian will be looking after one from Dublin, probably one near his home town of Tallaght. Producers are obviously hoping for lots of rivalry between them," he added.
    Also taking part in the show is former Miss Universe Ireland Rozanna Purcell, who hails from the Tipperary town of Clonmel and is following in the footsteps of agent Andrea Roche who also took part in the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 YvonneKCMC

The Longford team taking part is Cashel :)
    Looking forward to finding out who our celeb is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Calum Best, Pippa O'Connor, Brian Ormond, Roz Purcell... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They're really scraping the barrel now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hate to ask this question - but could this series be the last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 joeyla

Celebs are being revealed to the clubs today. Any updates or is it all hush hush.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pubgirl

joeyla wrote: »
    Celebs are being revealed to the clubs today. Any updates or is it all hush hush.

We got Brian Ormond. St Mary's GAA Rochfortbridge, Westmeath!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eoin302000

Pubgirl wrote: »
    joeyla wrote: »

We got Brian Ormond. St Mary's GAA Rochfortbridge, Westmeath!'

His wife is with Donegal, Naoimhe brid ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 YvonneKCMC

Have all the other celeb's been revealed? The reveal was pushed back till July 22nd in Cashel (Longford).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ciara339

St. Patrick's from Tullow Co. Carlow got Mary Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Calum Best has been announced for Moy Davitts in Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ritchie Hayes is the Tramore Bainisteoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cream Cake

Stephen Ireland's girlfriend is training Cork's Ballinora team, she met the players last sun-22nd July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Anyone know who else is a Bainisteoir ? I read on twitter Calum Best team take on Paddy Dohertys Clontarf side !?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Its Not Clontarf, the team is Scoil Ui Chonaill who have their ground in Clontarf but are associated with O'Connell schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'd seen the advert for it this evening.

Celebrity Bainisteoir - The Rivals, as it is called, will begin next Sunday at 6:30pm on RTE 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So they've lengthened the show's title, eh?

With all due respect, I still wouldn't be surprised if this series turned out to be the last...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On now.

1at model girl has told us about 34 times that she is a model.

Wouldn't float my boat.

Nice house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Is anyone watching this now? I am finding this programme uninspiring at the moment.

I wonder what the actual matches will be like on this when two of these teams are up against each other from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

A very loose definition of Celebrity then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Pippa O Connor very ungr8ful about being sent to Donegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

ratmouse wrote: »
    Pippa O Connor very ungr8ful about being sent to Donegal!

I would be too to be honest. Have you ever attempted a drive from Dublin to There?

That amongst other things.

I would be too to be honest. Have you ever attempted a drive from Dublin to There?

That amongst other things.

Hardly a good start with the old team spirit! Bit of a sulker, no?!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Enjoyed the program, the changes were needed. Pippa shouldn't have been so clearly upset about getting donegal. She may have got the short straw on journey time but she probably got one of the strongest teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

When are/when first games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

When the ad came on the Tv saying that the 'celebs' were competing against their own, I got very excited that it would be traveller vs. Traveller with Paddy Doherty, Sooo disappointed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Spoiler alert
    Michael O Muircheartaigh slipped up on the 'up for the match' program and revealed that Calum Best had taken to the game and was busy preparing his team for the semi-final Des Cahill quickly changed conversation topic, Michael's a legend though all the same!

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Paddy Doherty looking around Croke Park - 'that grass is better fed than I am' - Brilliant !

jos28 wrote: »
    Paddy Doherty looking around Croke Park - 'that grass is better fed than I am' - Brilliant !

Very funny being convinced that his Mam's from Dublin! He feels like a "sausage" now, hilarious guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Remember when 'Celebrity Bainisteoir' was about the teams:rolleyes:

Advertisement