Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking a connecting flight to singapore

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭

Im looking at using the airline flyscoot to fly to singapore one way, which is $178 total with 25 KG baggage which is very good IMO, then collecting my bags, leaving through immigration, and coming back in, then catching a second flight from singapore to dublin with probably Etihad or MA. In total, id save about €300 doing it this way instead of booking a complete flight from , so im wondering, has anyone done this before? And if so is it easy to do or anything I should know?

Im wondering though, would you need a visa in order to go through immigration in singapore, or do they let you if you can show that you have a second flight booked for that day out of singapore? Or am I better off just booking a joined connecting flight altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you give yourself plenty of time. Irish or British citizens don't require a visa so they probably won't bat an eyelid. Singapore airport is probably one of the nicest in the world too so it's not a bad place to spend a few hours on the comfy chairs or go to the cinema.

Can I ask how cheap the flights work out then? I ask because I saw one way Etihad flights from Sydney to Dublin (1 stop) for just over $1000 recently which I was thinking would be difficult to beat, especially since they're probably the best airline for the journey in terms of comfort/entertainment/shorter travel time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

6ix wrote: »
    It shouldn't be a problem as long as you give yourself plenty of time. Irish or British citizens don't require a visa so they probably won't bat an eyelid. Singapore airport is probably one of the nicest in the world too so it's not a bad place to spend a few hours on the comfy chairs or go to the cinema.

Can I ask how cheap the flights work out then? I ask because I saw one way Etihad flights from Sydney to Dublin (1 stop) for just over $1000 recently which I was thinking would be difficult to beat, especially since they're probably the best airline for the journey in terms of comfort/entertainment/shorter travel time.
    Cool, im still debating whether to go this route or not, but am keeping my options open, and will have a proper look over the weekend.

A cinema sounds like a good time waster for sure, pity I didnt know about it on the way out here last year :p

Well Im staying on the gold coast so its not as cheap to fly from the gold coast airport or brisbane airport. Im guessing Sydney airport has better offers on.

Cheapest I can get is €950 on ebookers with Turkish Airlines which is about $1200 I think.

Well $178 = €140 and a flight from singapore with MA is about €500/550 depending on the day, so you could get a flight for about €650 in total approx one way to dublin which is $820~.

It depends though if you think the $200 savings is worth the hassle of connecting all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

That is very cheap in fairness. I'd normally be prepared to spend a couple of hundred extra for a short trip/better airline for a flight of that distance, but if it was 500/600 cheaper I'd definitely consider it, providing it didn't mean an extra 15 hours hanging around airports!

Advertisement