Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying through e-mail

• 14-06-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm fairly skeptical about applying for positions online (on Educationposts and eduacationcarrers, etc.), as in when the ad says you can e-mail in your CV, cover, letter, etc. I imagine that none of these email applications get to see the light of day compared to applications that are actually sent in, with written references etc.

Does anybody feel the same? And that emailing your application is a waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Well sometimes school offices are very archaic ie they don't know that emails with unknown email addresses will be sent to junk mail :rolleyes:

But why not email the application anyway if it's asked for? I think it's better than sending fifteen/twenty pages of an application in the post for a job that's probably gone to somebody already working in the school. It doesn't cost anything to send the email (thankfully), and more schools are at last starting to cop on to this wonderful new technology :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭limerickhurl

True, there is no harm in applying. Hopefully they won't be just discarded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i much prefer subbing by email. infact if its on paper, its harder to find in a few weeks time. The subbing folder on the email is great on a sunday night at home to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

For email application should you put your cv in to PDF or is it easier for them to open in word? Be aware that some schools don't have the newest versions of Word and sometimes can not open them .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I've recently had an interview for a position I applied for by email. The advertisement wouldn't say to apply by email if they didn't want people doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    For email application should you put your cv in to PDF or is it easier for them to open in word? Be aware that some schools don't have the newest versions of Word and sometimes can not open them .

good point. same goes for any email you send with a word attachment. always save as .doc not .docx ie save as word 97-2003 document.

Advertisement