Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cossacks II with Windows 7

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

Just got this game and tried to install it.

But every time it gets as far as 20% or so, I get an 'Unpack Error 18' message or something. I tried Googling this and I've ran into no solutions what-so-ever.

I'm dying to play this as well and I'm only after finding out it's fair dodgy to play on Windows Vista or Windows 7 machines. However, I've seen threads were people have managed to get it running on them, but at the moment it's just getting past the installation problem.

I've no idea what to do. Does anyone have an answer for me?

Thanks anyhow :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

If no-one else is getting this 'unpack' thing it's a dirty or defective cd. So give it a good clean or bring it back to the shop for a new disc.

As a last resort you could download a torrent and use the code you got with your cd instead of the dodgy crack they usually come with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The disk looks perfectly fine to me anyway. Spotless, brand new. I'm seeing people having the same issue on other websites but I'm also seeing the same answers (dirty disk). I bought it online aswell for cheap enough. I can't really be arsed sending it back lol

I'll keep looking for answers but I'm doubtful,

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement