Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue Tracking Software

• 14-06-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can help.

I am looking to get a simple, basic piece of free/open-source issue tracking software. Ideally it would be web based and something that can log an issue directly or by email, allow it to be re-directed amoung the support team and that the issue can be flagged as new, in progress or complete. A regular bug tracking app that I can add notes or attachments to each issue.

While there appears to bee many options out there they are all either over complex in features (Mantis, BugNet) or are PHP-MySQL based. I would like to run it in a Windows hosting environment. Ideally it would allow access to the source code (.Net) so I could make some customisations but that's not essential. The closest I have got is Issue Tracker By ASP.NET but it is quite old.

Ok so I know its a fairly specific ask but there has got to something out there that comes close to fitting the bill......

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

OTRS is the only open-source ticketing system I know of that's both considered to be worth a damn and offers a Windows installer. I doubt you'll find something that'll use eg SQL Server instead of MySQL because from the developer's perspective, why would you use a restricted proprietary system when GPL alternatives exist?

Have you considered running a virtual machine eg VMWare Appliance configured with a Unix-like OS install whose only job is to host the ticketing system? That'd let you run Request Tracker or whatever other ticketing system you liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 guytest

it is a .net application running on ant windows wit iis as a web server
    here is a link to the bug tracking system
    we are using it and really like it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Another option is osTicket - http://osticket.com/

Advertisement