Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook App Grrrr!!!

• 14-06-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey,

Anyone else having issues with the Facebook app on the iPhone 4?

Such as:

-deleted messages keep reappearing, refusing to go away
    -random blank pages when clicking through menu
    -extremely slow and buggy
    -extremely slow to update friend requests on accepting them

I've deleted / reinstalled numerous times but the same old rigmarole is going on (iOS 5.0.1)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

everyone seems to have this issue...the app is a major PITA..constantly hanging etc..seems better on the ipad but apparently both the iphone/android versions are a joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭squonk

The quality of this app has been declining. It took long enough for them to release an app in the first place. Once they did release something it worked pretty well for a while but once they started tinkering with the site and updating the app it gradually became crappier and crappier.

My main bug with the app is that it takes so long to load up the bloody content. Once some of the content loads you might realise that only Top Stories are shown. I friggin hate Top Stories. Who cares? I prefer Most Recent ordering but that button doesn't work for a while until all the other content loads.

I'd personally love to shove several i-devices and Android devices up Zuckerberg's hole. Their software is ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wish people would just switch to google+ their app is so bloody nice to use!
    The chat on the facebook app is so shockingly bad and my app constantly hangs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wish people would just switch to google+ their app is so bloody nice to use!
    The chat on the facebook app is so shockingly bad and my app constantly hangs!

Its actually amazing how much it does nicer then FB. Really seems to scare people though :/ (I think its the lack of wall)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Its actually amazing how much it does nicer then FB. Really seems to scare people though :/ (I think its the lack of wall)

Facebook was really the first mobile app and so anything that isn't the exact same is like a completely new concept. It's basically the same thing and just looks nicer, loads way quicker and doesn't crash all the time. And it's not like they're facebook and selling all your details.. it's google, they have had your details for a long time already so things can't get any worse :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Terrible app, and like facebook itself it's declining in quality with every update :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't use Facebook much, but when I do I just use the mobile site via Safari. Apple are integrating Facebook in iOS 6, so the app won't be as necessary anymore.

Advertisement