Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones - whoops.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Am I the only one who looked at that and would not have been able to say who's head it was had it not been spelled out :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

calex71 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who looked at that and would not have been able to say who's head it was had it not been spelled out :confused::D

No.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

wouldn't have noticed it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I lol'd so hard when I read these comments on the article:
    who complained?
    I complained.
    There is no reason to get our hopes up like that.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

HBO have now pulled the episode from all TV and digital distribution and have halted the shipping of boxsets until the scene is reedited talk about an over reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This is one of the times when I wonder what the person themselves would actually think, I'm pretty sure George Bush has no idea and even if he did I'm confident he wouldn't give two sh1ts. If it was me I'd actually send them a dummy of my head to put on a pike just so I could say to people 'Hey....you might remember my head from such tv shows as Game of Thrones:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just watched the scene there again on youtube. I still can't see how it looks like Bush at all. Ridiculous to be stopping the dvds for this!

I expect one of the competitors paid someone to go through each episode frame by frame just to see if they could spike HBO's most popular series.

On the other hand, if you look at IMDB, some anoraks do this as a matter of course for every film or tv programme known to mankind, because their only interest in life is finding bloopers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I expect one of the competitors paid someone to go through each episode frame by frame just to see if they could spike HBO's most popular series.

On the other hand, if you look at IMDB, some anoraks do this as a matter of course for every film or tv programme known to mankind, because their only interest in life is finding bloopers.

Would that not be True Blood still?

Would that not be True Blood still?

Dunno, I never watch it, so it can't be much good.:P

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ejmaztec wrote: »

Did you even read the article? :confused:
    They pointed it out themselves on the DVD commentary, which is how everyone found out.

copacetic wrote: »
    They pointed it out themselves on the DVD commentary, which is how everyone found out.

Nope.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OhLongJohnson

copacetic wrote: »
    They pointed it out on the DVD commentary

Fans shared screenshots with text attached to it on sites like Reddit

Non-fans got hold of it and created a political issue out of a scene they had never seen, nor will ever see, from a book and tv series they will never see, completely out of context.

Stupidity to the core. I genuinely hope those offended by this are infertile because the gene pool is messed up enough already without them splashing their oxygen thieving selves in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Looked at the clip again and still don't see the resemblance. Storm in a tea cup really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seriously can't even see a shred of resemblance. If a million euro were staked on my guessing the owner of said head, I'd have lost regardless of how many guesses were given. Mind boggling at the fact it was included in commentary and worse, the reaction it's inspired. Who actually cares?

Interestingly, who do you reckon will be held responsible for this, within the production?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 s.o.c.k

the fella who mentioned it on the commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Mind boggling it was mentioned in the commentary? What else but production tidbits like that make up commentaries? 'Held responsible' for it? No one because there's nothing to be held responsible for.

You're falling into the same sad trap as the people up in arms about the head without seeing the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chief_Jack

Talk about making a big deal out of nothing, its just a almost unrecognizable prosthetic head for crying out loud! Recycling is what it is if anything!

Advertisement