Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things You Do That You Think No One Else Does

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When sleeping in a bed beside the wall, I always have to face away from the wall. Think it's from when I was a kid and having fear of suffocating.

Also to make people question the workings of my mind, when driving alongside bushes, at least when I used to be a backseat passenger, I used to think(Will put it in spoilers in case people are squeamish:)) a great way for gangsters to get information from people would be
    to put the victim's arm out the window of the car so it's in the bushes while driving along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When im walking down the path i try to get my right foot as close to the crack as possible, like am doing the long jump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

After watching a movie, I would always pretend that I was a character from that movie and I would imagine the whole story again in my mind.

The first time I seen the original Star Wars trilogy, I watched them all in one sitting, I then went outside and looked for the perfect stick to replicate a lightsaber, not too heavy but not too light and brittle, I then pretended I was a Jedi for weeks or possibly months even years, heck I still do today and i'm 19. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Play football manager on the PC

I conduct interviews with myself at the bathroom mirror when I'm taking a break
    Justifying team selections and transfer targets to my imaginary journalist

Bit like Jimmy Rabbitte in The Commitments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fitseeker

Can relate to ALOT of these, ones that I still do like try to get every foodtype on the fork before putting it in my mouth or the oldies like racing passing cars to imaginery finish lines, making the smudge on a car window dodge opstacles or squinting at lights to play with the beams.

One thing I always do that I rarely see is if I'm walking somewhere and there are berries growing on a bush or a tree (usually those inedible red yokes) I grab a handful and try to flick or throw them at select targets as I walk along.. Stop signs (more points for getting them in the 'O'), drainage grates, cans, bricks, anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

when reading a magazine i always start at the back page and work my way to the front ,dont ask me why :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

When waiting for a notification on Facebook/Twitter, I always keep blinking almost as if I'm going to be surprised by the comments appearance?

When walking up the stairs or down the hall in the dark, I always have to keep looking behind me so I'm not attacked by some vengeful monster.

Whenever I hear this particular song, no matter where I am, I always do this sorta doggy paddle like movement with my hands and I have absolutely no idea why.

If I'm ever looking for something to eat, I always need to ask my dog whats her opinion.

If I score a late winner on Fifa, I celebrate almost as if it was a real life scenario, but to me, its a matter of life or death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Before we had a dishwasher at home, when I was drying the cutlery, I use to pretend I was working in a really busy restaurant kitchen and the demand for clean cutlery was huge.

So i'd throw the dried cutlery into the drawer as fast as possible, with imaginary staff shouting at me "quickly, we need more forks!!" and i'd dry the forks asap. Ah yes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Post on this thead, and secretly hope that someone thanks the post cos they do the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

I used to pretend that there was a steering wheel on the back of my dads carseat and that I was a rally driver driving the car :o

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

When out drinking and go to the jacks and I'm the only one in there, I always look at myself in the mirror, smile and say "Jaysus I'm locked"

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Isis20

Make sure my toothbrush is wet, put toothpaste on it, wet it again with the toothpaste on it, then brush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Isis20 wrote: »
    Make sure my toothbrush is wet, put toothpaste on it, wet it again with the toothpaste on it, then brush

Isn't that how everyone does it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

When I was younger, if there was anything left on the stairs I would have to skip that step when going up or down, sometimes I'd have to miss 2 steps in a row and jump over them. Sometimes I still do this when I'm home!

Sometimes I used to get changed for school before I went to bed so that I could sleep in and get up and go!

I have to have the TV volume on 13 when playing FIFA

If I'm watching a bad film I have to watch it to the end I can't turn it off.

Isn't that how everyone does it? :confused:
    Well friends of mine just take the brush, put toothpaste on it (maybe wet it then) and brush, they convinced me I was strange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

tmc86 wrote: »
    TV volume on 13
    :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

when reading a magazine i always start at the back page and work my way to the front ,dont ask me why :confused:

I bet you that you're left handed. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

When asked to clean the blackboard in school, i used to leave that little bit of chalk on the board.
    I know there were some in the class who couldnt stand that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

[Jackass] wrote: »

I do this and I'm left handed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Me too, that's why I was asking! Pretty sure it's a lefty thing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm a lefty, and never read magazines/newspapers backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

When I was younger I'd stare into the speakers of the old record player thinking there was a little band in there playing.

That was when I was around 22, I eventually realised how ridiculous it was, they could never fit in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I do it and I'm right handed.
    Fairly ambidextrous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

I play a particular mind game when I'm bored or sometimes when I'm trying to get off to sleep. It involves a nine letter word, one of the letters must be e" and I make up as many words as possible (four letters plus) as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

When out drinking and go to the jacks and I'm the only one in there, I always look at myself in the mirror, smile and say "Jaysus I'm locked"

Even when not drunk - when I'm alone in a jacks with a number of urinals I often try to use all of them in one visit. Takes a bit of bladder control but it ensures all the urinals get a piece of the action. Alternatively when there's a "wall type" urinal I like to piss along the entire length. This sometimes means having to move but often it can be done from a standing position.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

no just strange:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

When I'm going somewhere, I usually have my Ipod on.

When I get to my destination, I can't press 'pause' 'til the song I'm listening to ends.

When I'm going somewhere, I usually have my Ipod on.

When I get to my destination, I can't press 'pause' 'til the song I'm listening to ends.
    That does prevent the song from getting stuck in your head ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I don't eat any red sweets, when I eat dinner it's a specific order, veg, carbs, meat, never mixed on the same forkful. Even when I eat currys I'll hunt out all the veg first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was down in the shops today and remembered something I did when younger, though I'm sure others did it as well. Trying to sneak up on automatic doors so they won't open.

Of course these days when you get up to them and they don't open, it can just be embarassing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

pretending you're in a film when a meaningful song comes on in the car. No, just me? Okay then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Squint at lights/ candles so that they look like lasers.

Used to do it at mass when I was a kid to pass the time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

[Quote=[Jackass];79343712]

I bet you that you're left handed. ;)[/Quote]

I'm right handed. I do this with everything except novels. I also read lists from the bottom up, even if it means scrolling down the page and then back up to read it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

username_x wrote: »
    pretending you're in a film when a meaningful song comes on in the car. No, just me? Okay then.

Yep. 'No Easy Way Out' from the Rocky soundtrack is the best for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Before we had a dishwasher at home, when I was drying the cutlery, I use to pretend I was working in a really busy restaurant kitchen and the demand for clean cutlery was huge.

So i'd throw the dried cutlery into the drawer as fast as possible, with imaginary staff shouting at me "quickly, we need more forks!!" and i'd dry the forks asap. Ah yes....

lol. well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rasheed wrote: »
    Every night I come home from the pub/nite club, I have to tell all my news to my dog. Who I was talking to, who was looking well, what I had in the chipper etc! I know I'm sad......

I bet he loves it.

If I ever get a bus and get one of those paper tickets, I have a habit of folding it and re-folding it repeatedly.

I make a smiley face out of them, sometimes stick them on a window or seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

My sis says I've OCD but any number I see I add, minus, subtract to make ten, seat numbers, busses, regs, dates...really anything,
    I can only stop reading a book on a page that makes ten, ie. page 82. 8+2

Oh n have to use last or first cubical in toilets and then stick to which ever one for the night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sometimes when a song comes on on my ipod, depending on where I am, I'll pretend I'm filming the music video and look out the window looking depressed (especially when I'm in the car)
    :o

I'm such a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭crfcaio

Create music videos/movies in my head for every song I listen to.
    And I'm always awesome in these movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I do a lot of weird things as already written already.

- Imaginery bullet bouncing off things in the room.

- If I'm watching TV and I make something to eat/drink I will not eat/drink if there are ads on.

- When walking up/down stairs I MUST finish with my right foot.

- I can't relax in a room if there's a door open.

- When I'm on the phone I do laps of the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

When I'm walking down the street or queuing or sitting on a bus or anywhere really Ill suddenly remember something embarrassing, doesn't matter if it happened yesterday or in senior infants in primary school but Ill involuntarily either suck in air sharply or else groan loudly or mutter ****/Fcuk/Cnut and people will turn around and look at me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Thargor wrote: »
    When I'm walking down the street or queuing or sitting on a bus or anywhere really Ill suddenly remember something embarrassing, doesn't matter if it happened yesterday or in senior infants in primary school but Ill involuntarily either suck in air sharply or else groan loudly or mutter ****/Fcuk/Cnut and people will turn around and look at me :o

When this happens to me, I say the word "chicken" out loud, as if that somehow negates the embarrassing memory.
    All it does is make me appear like a nutcase to anyone who happens to hear me, who could not possibly be reading my mind and know my secret embarrassment.
    But logic does not appear to matter in these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

When I'm eating my dinner I eat all the different portions separately . No mixing what so ever . Usually I'd save the meat till last . I do get some strange looks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 EveDublin

dev100 wrote: »
    Wher . Usually I'n I'm whateating my dineat till laner I eat all the different ns separately . No mixiportiong so eved save the mst . I do get somookse strange l :)

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

When someone pisses me off and I can't eat the head off them/punch them, I will them to die in my mind. Glad it's never actually happened though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If I'm driving and there's a near miss crash, or someone does something stupid in front of me, I think "what if they hit me?" and picture what I'd tell the judge in court.
    Blahh89 wrote: »
    - I used to tie stuff to my dog. I actually used to masking tape him for the fun of it. One year I masking taped CDs to the bottom of each of his paws and pushed him out on the icy pavement. I'm a dick, I know.

Please tell me you filmed that and put it on youtube. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

EveDublin wrote: »
    huh?

Huh is right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

When I'm walking on a footpath and there's traffic coming against me I'm always analysing it and thinking to myself what would I do if they turned and tried to hit me. Would it be better to try to run up the front and over the roof or try and dive out of the way. Its going to happen some day and I'll be ready...

Advertisement