Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the laws regarding dog-dog attacks?

• 14-06-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Just wondering what are the laws regarding dogs attacking other dogs? Who do you report such incidents too? If a dog attacks another dog & the dog dies as a result of its injuries what will happen to the attacking dog? Is it put down or re-homed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

To be honest, dog on dog attack court cases are very rare and to be honest, its hard enough to bring a case when theres a person involved let alone a dog hurting another dog.

You could prob sue for damages/vet costs etc but that would be the best id say you could get from it.

Animals are animals at the end of the day and if every dog that attacked another and injured it was pts then there would be a lot of dogs pts to be honest so i cant see that ever happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

I'd say it is a civil matter so would not involve gardaí or wardens. I cannot think of any specific law in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

as harsh as it sounds, is a dog not considered to be a persons property?

Advertisement