Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new account

Options
  • 14-06-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

HI,

I am moving into a house that is currently unocupied but has electricity still on.

Can you please tell me what i need to do to get the account put into my name and also if there is any set up fees as i have never had an ESB bill before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Bambam,

Are you opening your first electricity account or are you already with another supplier?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Hi Una,

No this is my first electricity account,

Thanks for that.

So in order to set up an Electric Ireland account, you would need to contact us with the MPRN (meter point reference number), the address in full, and your move-in date/an up-to-date meter reading.

For customers who do not elect to pay by direct debit, a security deposit of €300 applies. For customers who set up a direct debit, there is no such security deposit and there is also a discount of 4% on offer for direct debit customers.
    There is a 2% discount for online billing and we also supply gas - further discounts available for customers who are on Dual Fuel (electricity + gas) with Electric Ireland.

Do let me know if you require further information and/or assistance by private message.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Brilliant Una thanks for you help and quick reply

No problem at all Bambam - happy to! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement