Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Health Insurance - very confused!

Options
  • 14-06-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hey,

VHI has recently changed the names of its policies (from the previous alphabetic system to a more long-winded marketing version). There seems to also be some changes to the breadth of the policies' cover - but this isn't terribly clear.

Peculiarly, VHI's website does not seem to offer a breakdown of the different policies. Moreover, when choosing the Find A Plan option on their website the website returns a figure less than half my renewal charge!!! :eek:
    • Has anybody previously found the old 'B' policy insufficient?
    • Do full time students get a reduction if they are aged over 21?
    • Does anybody know if there are any major policy changes with VHI with this marketing move?
    • Has anybody got any idea why on earth I'm being quoted half the annual charge on the website (it gives three options with charges per month- all three come in at significantly less per annum than my current policy)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Ignore their site, and use www.hia.ie instead. A rare example of a Quango doing its job well. Just put in your requirements and you'll get all the details of relevant plans - including the many that VHI do NOT list on their website. If you have a family, the current best value (for a "plan B" plus day to day cover) is PMI 28 12 - but you need to sign up TODAY before a steep price increase tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

The HIA updated their website and it is a minefield and extremely difficult to properly compare all the plans from Vhi and Laya Healthcare and Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I like the new site although I'd prefer if you could put a hold on your plan while cycling through the other plans when comparing. Otherwise for the moment choose only 2 plans to compare with your existing one the click back to change.

Advertisement