Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions

• 14-06-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

hey, just wondering what people make of this speed test, i don't no much (if anything) about broadband,

2008445977.png

im with vodafone mobile broadband 28 a month with unlimited download, its only 1 laptop that uses the broadband, dont no if its set up wrong or just my area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

That slower than average, but I doubt that there is a problem with how you have it set up. Generally mobile bb is dependent on your area, but if it works I wouldn't blame your setup. There is a midband section to ask any further questions as well as a speed test thread so you can compare against the type of speeds other users get.

Just a bit of advice, if there are any thick walls or something interfering with your signal then you might get better reception speeds either next to a window or up as high as you can get. Try it out and if so you could always buy one of those mobile base stations so you can put the mobile part in the best possible position and use wifi the rest of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

jap gt wrote: »
    hey, just wondering what people make of this speed test, i don't no much (if anything) about broadband,

that's the reality with mobile midband you might be lucky and get good speeds or you might not be so lucky and get speeds like that.

Advertisement