Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring saved data between PS3s

Options
  • 14-06-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

Last week my PS3 decided it's not going to read discs anymore. My brother's away so I have the use of his while I send mine off to be repaired.

I want to transfer my GT5 saved data from the old to the new PS3. I was able to save the data from the old machine onto a flash drive and import it onto the new one.

However, when I start up GT5 on the new machine it says there is a saved profile there but it cannot use it.

Does anyone know of a way to transfer the old GT5 data successfully onto the new machine?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not every game allows you to transfer save files from one console to another and continue playing.
    GT5 may be one such game.
    Try a different game, see if it also happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have you a profile on that PS3 and is it activated to your account.

only sure fire way is using cloud saving on Plus.

You could also use an Ethernet cable to copy everything over but as this'll wipe what already there is unlikely your brother will care for that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Thanks for the replies guys. Didn't realise there was a cloud option with Plus, will look into it.

Advertisement