Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with birthday pressie

Options
  • 14-06-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hello all , I'm looking for a birthday pressie for 11 yr old girl. She and her sis have been taking weekly lessons for 2 yrs. Last yr we did a trek for their birthdays but really we held them back!
    Has anyone any suggestions for something horsey to do as part of a birthday pressie. I'm happy to watch rather than hold them back. Meath, Kildare, Dublin, Louth area thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

How about a couple of days of Pony Camp?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Take her down to TRI in the Curragh, set her budget and let her off!!

Could be dangerous! Anytime I have gone down to TRI for a " Browse" I end up spending a fortune!
    Take her down to TRI in the Curragh, set her budget and let her off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Newgirl

thanks for the replies shes using her communion money to do 1 wk of pony camp. I don't bring them to shops too dangerous, and we have all the bits we need bar the pony. I try to buy second hand as much as possible.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Would she be interested in going to the RDS Horse Show in Dublin in August? You could buy her a ticket for her birthday, maybe?

Or maybe you could bring her to a show/event if there's one on near you?

• Advertisement

we'll be there we go every year. even though I'm not from a horsey family we went each yr and I've always brought the kids. I suppose because I don't ride I didn't want to hold them back on another birthday trek, they're good but not quiet ready for a beach ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

Hi , your daughter might be too old for this but seen it and thought it'd be brilliant for horse mad kids parties ;

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/horses/3452104

They're called littlehoofs(there's a facebook page too) They bring the ponies out to you although they are miniatures :/

Hmm now I'm thinking it wont work for an 11 year old !

You seam to have covered everything else though - pony camp,rds,shopping,trekking .

Only other thing I can think of is get her a private lesson or you could let her bring a friend for a lesson ?

Hope you work something out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

How about something like an "Own you own Pony Day" - some riding schools do it; She can take care of her own pony, ride, groom etc..

Or how about a Pony Birthday Party - groups of friends go for pony rides at the Riding school - you can bring your own cake and they get rosettes and play pony games etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

good suggestion marley, polox is great fun!! only €20 a lesson as well in carrickmines as far as I'm aware, they have all the rackets etc as well!

thanks for all those suggestions they look great
    will have to start saving for the Pony;)

Advertisement