Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk in Store

Options
  • 14-06-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Just spotted this browsing the different Irish vaping sites. First walk in store in Ireland as far as I know!? http://ovaleireland.com/page16.php Way, way over priced but I'm sure there are many Irish vapers here who would like to see vaping stores opening across the country. Only vaping a couple of months myself but can already see it becoming more and more popular.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Pretty cool to have a walk in store all the same. And Ovale have been coming up with some decent looking devices at reasonable enough prices lately.

Their liquids are pricey, and I've never tried them, but if they're suitably tasty they might be worth the odd purchase, and handy to have for emergencies too.

edit: I see they have a towel for cleaning up liquid too, I wonder if it's just like a standard tea-towel kind of thing or if it's some special fabric. Standard tissues/tea-towels etc aren't great I find.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

looks like a standard towel just branded ovale

kitchen towels do the job for me.. the stuff thats basically toilet paper but huge

although I am a slobby mother****er so I guess it doesnt really bother me if my desk is a little shinier/wet than it oughta be

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Ovale is basically rebranded Joyetech, isn't it?

Great that we've a walk in store, but I'm rarely (once every couple of years) in Dublin so it's no real use to me.

It's gonna be a crazy couple of months coming up, we're gonna have more stores popping up, online and walk in....some nice competition between vendors.

As it stands we have a couple of stand out ones who i'm sure won't be beaten on price, just from looking around, some of our guys are the cheapest by a mile, some of the US vendors are $1 per ml!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I don't know how the Irish Market can support all these online shops....not that many vapers knocking around.

Some of them in reality are doing nothing....

TBS and ESI being the busiest I'd say.

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    Some of them in reality are doing nothing....

TBS and ESI being the busiest I'd say.

How would they stay open then though? Maybe there's more business in it than we think.

Bricks and mortar is where it's at tho, I mean I LOVE browsing online at all the stuff, and once a month dropping a few quid @ TBS to stock up on carto's and my all day vapes, and it's handy trying some of the designer vapes from ESI.

But not everyone's like me, I'm sure people would love to have a physical shop in their locality to call in and pick up 30ml and an atty or a carto per week.

Just went to check the opening date again and realised it's already open, I'll try to pop in over the weekend and see what it's like.

Try get a few pics if ya can, be great to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Great news. Only around the corner from where I work so will have to pop in. Walk in shop would be great for new vapers so they can get a better idea of the whole thing

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention that I popped in here last week. It was only a quick run through as I was on my lunch. It's over an internet cafe on the corner of Talbot and Gardiner St, so going in I was almost expecting it to be a bit like a grungy headshop (not that I have ever been inside such a place *ahem*), but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's much more like a classy cigar shop. It was nice and clean and the products were in nice looking glass cabinets. It's great that they went to the effort/expense of giving the place a very legitimate look.

It's quite small, but hopefully they'll get enough business to expand and grow. The cabinets, of which there are two, are locked which makes it a little harder to just browse the products, but the girl working there was friendly and helpful so it's no problem. It adds to the legit-ness too, i.e. kids can't wander in and grab some nicotine 'laced' liquids.

They seemed to have the full range of Ovale stuff, devices and liquids out on display, and I think they had some of the standard stuff that eciretteireland do as well, unfortunately I was in a rush so didn't get to see much of the other stuff.

I picked up a bottle of Ovale's Cognac Tobacco while I was there. It's a little pricey at €12 for 20ml, but not terrible, especially for a bricks and mortar shop. It's really tasty too. It's quite sweet and cognacy, actually a bit like rum and raisin fudge, the tobacco is quit subtle but works well with it. Maybe a little sweet to vape all day, but a nice evening vape.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts too. Small but they have it looking well and the girl there was lovely.

They have a good range of ovale stuff and some nice accessories.

Not a huge selection of liquids but if I hadn't splashed out on so many recently I prob would have bought a few.

Would be nice to have some 10ml or sample bottles but they might come in time.

Will have to visit again when I'm not so pressed for time

Was it busy by the way?

No one else there when I popped in. Wouldn't be room for too many anyway so it was nice to have the place to myself and browse around

Same for me, it was empty when I went in. They're not hugely noticeable from the street, but I hope they do get a good few wandering in from time to time. It'd be nice to see it succeed, I'd hate to see it fail an put an end to the idea.

do they have signs on the street or anything like that?

They have a sign hanging out the front of the internet cafe, iirc it's just the ovale name and logo which might not mean a huge amount to passers by.

yeah that's a bit ****ty
    you'd need a big white text on black background "e-cigarette store" or something

even ovale ecigarette store, you'd at least get some foot traffic in there for curiosities sake

I really really hope they do well to be honest, but it's still early days, and they might not have access to signage and stuff just yet, it'll all come in time.

I'd really like to see the whole thing take off more here, which I'm sure it will, we must have some of the highest tobacco prices in the world?

Bricks and mortar ecig shops will create jobs, but it'll also drastically hit the revenue taken in from excise duties....so I really really hope the government don't do anything stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Popped in here today. As previously mentioned very small.. just a couple of cabinets but a very nice girl there and she said they'd be broadening their range soon.. specifically mentioned cartomizers. Picked up some 16mg cognac tobacco.. good first impressions. Think it will work well with an evening drink - not too sweet and good mellow tobacco flavour

• Advertisement
Advertisement