Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post grad Diploma in computers

Options
  • 14-06-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey, thinking of doing this instead of a masters in something arts related, might be better jobs outlook. Just wondering if anyone has done it on this? And how they got on? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

would you be eligible for springboard course?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cogra10

Nope, cant get the grant, and can't get a job. Was thinking of doing it straight after a degree in Digital Humanities which I am doing in DKIT. To try and improve my job prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neatseo

You should be able to get the Springboard grant if you aren't working. Basically this means your fees are paid for and you will be able to retain any social welfare payments you are currently in receipt of. You need to apply through bluebrick.ie

I did the course last year and found it to be really good. It was tough but very enjoyable and you can be confident of a job at the end of it. I opted to stay there and am currently doing a PhD. Bottom line, you WILL have options at the end of the 8 months. The lecturers are great and organize companies looking to recruit to come in for seminars.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cogra10

But Im not sure if I can get springboard cos Im not even sure If I can get the dole after I finished either cos of my parents income and that. That sounds promising I like the way the bring in companies and that. Is the maths element tough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Hi, have you decided to do this course? I can give you some info if you like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement