Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level maths for 2013.

• 14-06-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am repeating the leaving cert next year and I think I have decided to give higher level maths a go and see how I get on. I did ordinary level this year.
    I was just wondering, could anyone explain to me the layout of the maths paper that will be examined in 2013?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

I'm not sure of the exact details. I do know that both paper 1 and 2 will be project maths based, and that a few of the guys on here from pilot schools sat an exam that will be similar to the 2013.

Maybe one of them could post in here, but I have seen a few of them posting in the "HL Maths before/after" threads! Hope you get the info you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Not even god himself knows the layout of next year's project maths paper..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Not even god himself knows the layout of next year's project maths paper..

Thought you were an atheist? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris68

All questions will be project maths style questions except the strand 5 questions i.e. graphing/functions and calculus which at higher level includes integration and differentiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Chris68 wrote: »
    All questions will be project maths style questions except the strand 5 questions i.e. graphing/functions and calculus which at higher level includes integration and differentiation.

So which questions and what topics on the paper will be the same as the old course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

If your doing Project maths it is so hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Raeone wrote: »
    So which questions and what topics on the paper will be the same as the old course?

Take a look at the sample papers issued for Phase 2 on the SEC website, plus the Project Maths Papers 1 & 2 from 2011 (pilot schools). They follow the same format as the 2013 Maths papers. For further info on the syllabi, check out ProjectMaths.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Well they're supposed to follow the same format but after Monday's Project Maths Paper 2, HL anyway, they clearly dont care. :rolleyes:

(Still bitter over those missing trig graphs in Q5. They must be able to reformat the exam as they like. :/)

Advertisement