Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet ANOTHER set of Traffic Lights

Options
  • 14-06-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Seriously, is Sligo Borough Council keeping the traffic light company in business?

A new set of lights going in on Pearse Road at the junction to/from Circular Road. Now I regularly use this junction going out onto Pearse Rd (towards Markievicz Park) and while you can be waiting a couple of minutes during rush hour, it's never a major wait. I think on one occasion I went left down to the Petrol Station and used it to turn around and come back due to traffic but is there a need for lights here?

We will now have lights at Markievicz Park, lights at Circular Rd and lights at Christies, talk about disrupting the flow of traffic.

I swear U2 wrote "City of blinding (traffic) lights" about Sligo

/rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's getting seriously annoying. I hate the ones at St Mary's, and why there are some at St John's school I do not know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I wonder if this is one of those situations where the budget has to be spent in order to receive the same funding the following year? "Sure feck it lads, we'll just stick up another set of lights and paint some more bicycle lanes are we're sure to get the same money again next year!":rolleyes:

Also, has anyone else ever noticed how the traffic runs smoother in Sligo when the traffic lights are out of commission?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

In fairness its a mess trying to get from circular road up towards the graveyard side of Pearse Rd at times. I dont mind these lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bennyc wrote: »
    In fairness its a mess trying to get from circular road up towards the graveyard side of Pearse Rd at times. I dont mind these lights.
    Think that's tough? Try getting down Pearse Road from the top of the graveyard road..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Plazaman wrote: »
    talk about disrupting the flow of traffic.

And that's the only thing they are good at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I have never encountered any major delays at that junction, talk about a total waste of money.

Advertisement