Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord not returning our security deposit

Options
  • 14-06-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My friend and I were living in Mumbai in a flat which has a security deposit of 60,000. We lived in that flat on rent for almost 21 months. After completion of 11 months we renewed the agreement and couple of months later i need to fly to London. My friend still continued to stay in the flat and she gave the rent to the owner on time. The agreement is about to finish in june end but since my frnd is getting married so she gave 1month notice to the owner in April that she is leaving the flat by May end till here every things went well. My friend followed up the owner and the agent for the deposit but they didn't gave. She then left the flat as she has to move in to another flat. She left the house and informed owner and the agent to collect the deposit and submit in bank. When owner came to Mumbai on 1st June 2012 he said that he will not return any money to us as we have kept another roomate. After been asking the owner and the agent continuously they are not listening to us and not ready to return any money. Every time we asked the owner to return the deposit he says let my son come from canada he will discuss with him We tried to talk to the agent also but he is also not bothered to help us out. We have the valid agreement with us and can get the original copy of it from the broker. We again have to talk tomorrow to him but i don't see any hope.

Please can anyone suggest us some way as 60,000 is not a small amount for anyone to loose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

the laws in india are different to the laws in ireland with relation to renting so you need to ask advice from someone in India

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement