Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car cradle needed

• 14-06-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia car kit that I'd like use with my iphone, I've no problem connecting to the Blue tooth of the car kit what I'm looking for is some way to use the existing cradle to hold my phone. I don't want to use one of those suction cups or other types as the bracket is there so does anyone know of using this to just hold the phone not charge it or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

http://www.tetrax-ireland.com/?wpsc-product=geo-dark-steel
    This is what I am using you can also get an iphone case for the system too. Find it to be a great system

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Thanks but I'm trying to avoid using something that attaches to vents or uses those suction cups but a way of modifying the existing cradle to accept an iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

You'd have to be pretty handy with a dremmel to modify the existing cradle. An alternative is a Proclip, it uses two bits. A bracket thats installed without any modification to your car and a proper cradle for the device. Have a peep - here

I had one for a previous device and it really is a great bracket. My current crap solution is a 5 euro Heatons cradle that I've velcro'd to the dash board. It works, but it's terrible really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

a cradle from a bury car kit might be your best bet, it should screw onto the existing bracket, only problem with most them cradles is you cant have a cover on your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hmm, you don't mention what model Nokia kit it is so I just searched an old thread for you, might help.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055708083

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Its a CK7W kit and after a bit of looking I found this I think it should just screw into the existing bracket once you remove the old one, any thoughts?

Advertisement