Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random GTA Discussion

• 14-06-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it might be a good idea to start an OT thread, save CM the trouble of trying to keep us in order over on the V thread. :P

I was playing IV a few nights ago, and finished the "Undertaker" mission. Now, when the funeral ends, the hearse and a few of the McReary cars pull out of the cemetery. I chased after one of them on foot, and they stopped at a red light nearby. I then carjacked the car, but instead of Niko pulling someone out of the driver's seat he just got in as if there was no one there... Made me laugh.

Also, my crowning achievement last night was managing to kill both the driver and passenger of a car, while puncturing the front tire and causing the car to flip on it's roof. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I like smacking into oncoming police cars to torpedo the cops out the windshield.

Also trying to free run can be fun, though I usually end up on top of something and the only way back down is gravity :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I like smacking into oncoming police cars to torpedo the cops out the windshield.

Also trying to free run can be fun, though I usually end up on top of something and the only way back down is gravity :D

You can free run? :confused:
    Have to say that's something I've never tried....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Havent seen much talk of cheats in this forum, are they frowned upon by lads here or do many of yous use them? Personally i love cheats, as soon as i finish any gta game i go wild with them, they've given me some of my best gta experiences.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Havent seen much talk of cheats in this forum, are they frowned upon by lads here or do many of yous use them? Personally i love cheats, as soon as i finish any gta game i go wild with them, they've given me some of my best gta experiences.

Cheats used to be great in the PS2 era, but nowadays developers don't really seem to want people to use them...

I had the ARMAX cheat disc for PS2, and used to give myself infinite health and ammo in San Andreas, was actually fun to just be able to blast through a big gang.

In IV I never really use cheats. The only time I really have was when i was just mucking around on Happiness Island, giving myself full health and ammo and waging war against the cops.

Are there any real whacky cheats for IV for 360?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You can free run? :confused:
    Have to say that's something I've never tried....

Yeah, it's no Assassins Creed but with proper aim, sprinting and a well timed jump, you can access higher areas. It's not really something you can do on the first island as the buildings are kind of sprawled and disconnected.

• Advertisement

Been watching a few free-running videos, seems like fun, but like real parkour, it's something I'll never be able to do. :pac:

Are there any real whacky cheats for IV for 360?

There isnt many, one i can think of is the super punch, basically your punches and kicks explode in a similar manner to the exploding bullets in TBOGT. When you use it around cops they go after you for firing a weapon even though you're punching people. It may only work on TBOGT though but it's good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Pretty funny.I'm almost tempted to buy it again just to make a fool of myself online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The cheats are crap now. I use health/armour when I'm not bothered going to buy some and to spawn a car/bike if there are none around. I miss stuff like getting a tank (that doesn't blow up!), driving on the water, all the fun stuff. Cheats are too boring now.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The cheats are crap now. I use health/armour when I'm not bothered going to buy some and to spawn a car/bike if there are none around. I miss stuff like getting a tank (that doesn't blow up!), driving on the water, all the fun stuff. Cheats are too boring now.

One of the major downsides the age of achievements and trophies have brought is the cheats. Dev's are so pre-occupied with making sure the cheevos are a bit of challenge that they won't put time into off the wall cheats any more.

Kinda sad really, remember in Die Hard Triology on PS1 you could give John Mclane a huge head and squeaky voice. Remember giving pedestrians weapons and making them riot in SA...

If I get a PC copy of IV, I might try to mod it so that all the peds have weapons, and try and make all of them attack you... would be some craic! :P

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I like to smack the windows of burger shot with a baseball bat.

I'm sure we've all reaked havoc in the hospitals of IV, I like to park a car infront of the door. No one enters, no one leaves.

I like to smack the windows of burger shot with a baseball bat.

I'm sure we've all reaked havoc in the hospitals of IV, I like to park a car infront of the door. No one enters, no one leaves.

Ok... I've never even thought of doing that... but I currently have the game paused beside me... and I've just respawned outside a hospital after dying... time to fúck shít up! :)

Better idea, you spawn the comet, drive it inside the hospital, and park it across the doors on the inside, so if it gets blown up by the police while they're firing at you it's still inside the hospital blocking them, when they blow it up while it's parked outside the police can get by it because it moves away from the doors.

Hospitals have suffered greatly at the hands of Paddy.

Better idea, you spawn the comet, drive it inside the hospital, and park it across the doors on the inside, so if it gets blown up by the police while they're firing at you it's still inside the hospital blocking them, when they blow it up while it's parked outside the police can get by it because it moves away from the doors.

Hospitals have suffered greatly at the hands of Paddy.

I hopped into a van and managed to jam it in the door of the hospital in Schottler. The cops have just managed to blow it up, but they still can't get past it, so I'm just sniping the shít out of them. Trying to get my wanted level up to 6 to get the One Man Army cheevo. :P

EDIT: GOD DAMN IT! one of the cops managed to get into the hospital through a back entrance or something and shot me in the back! I'd lasted 3 minutes on 6-stars. :( Gonna try and make a more effective barrier this time around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Remember that cheat in VC that you could blow up all the cars near you?
    I used to use that if i couldnt win a race that was necessary to progress the game's story and then spawn a comet or something and then leisurely drive past the fiery wrecks of my opponents. :pac:

Of all the things I miss from SA in IV, it has to be being able to buy property and have a number of different garages full of cars.

Eight parking spots (maximum you can get if you kill Playboy I think) is just not enough. I currently just had to sacrifice a bitchin' securicar I found so I could keep the Huntley Sport Little Jacob gives you.

Top of the wishlist for V would be being able to buy a parking garage somewhere where you could just park a fúck-tonne of cars.

Of all the things I miss from SA in IV, it has to be being able to buy property and have a number of different garages full of cars.

Eight parking spots (maximum you can get if you kill Playboy I think) is just not enough. I currently just had to sacrifice a bitchin' securicar I found so I could keep the Huntley Sport Little Jacob gives you.

Top of the wishlist for V would be being able to buy a parking garage somewhere where you could just park a fúck-tonne of cars.

Yeah I miss being able to stock up on exclusive cars as well.
    Being able to stroll into one of your garages and go:
    "Which of my one of a kind cars will I floor it in today?"

Also what happened to the BF injection?
    It started as a one of a kind in GTA 3, became standard in Vice city and I cannot remember if it was in SA. It was a great vehicle, great sound, handling, all terrain and looked nice.

Yeah I miss being able to stock up on exclusive cars as well.
    Being able to stroll into one of your garages and go:
    "Which of my one of a kind cars will I floor it in today?"

Also what happened to the BF injection?
    It started as a one of a kind in GTA 3, became standard in Vice city and I cannot remember if it was in SA. It was a great vehicle, great sound, handling, all terrain and looked nice.

I used to get cars like the Voodoo and other low-riders and take them to the mod shop and pimp the shít out of them, then cruise around Ganton with Radio Los Santos blaring and 2 or 3 GSF members in the back. :)

The BF was in SA alright. There was one parked outside The Truth's barn when you deliver the combine harvester. Shame it wasn't in IV, though I'm sure there's a mod out there that will add it in.

Is this 10 year anniversary edition of vice city gonna have better graphics at least? The graphics were the only reason i never played through it, i had san andreas before it when i was about 8 and just couldnt stand the graphics when i compared them to SA.. I'd love to play through it at least once if the graphics are better in this re-release.

Is this 10 year anniversary edition of vice city gonna have better graphics at least? The graphics were the only reason i never played through it, i had san andreas before it when i was about 8 and just couldnt stand the graphics when i compared them to SA.. I'd love to play through it at least once if the graphics are better in this re-release.

I'm in the same boat, couldn't stand looking at VC after SA. Although I could get over the graphics if Tommoy didn't control so terribly. Same problem with VCS and LCS on PS2 when I got them, the character runs too fast and just feels awkward and clunky.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

I hopped into a van and managed to jam it in the door of the hospital in Schottler. The cops have just managed to blow it up, but they still can't get past it, so I'm just sniping the shít out of them. Trying to get my wanted level up to 6 to get the One Man Army cheevo. :P

EDIT: GOD DAMN IT! one of the cops managed to get into the hospital through a back entrance or something and shot me in the back! I'd lasted 3 minutes on 6-stars. :( Gonna try and make a more effective barrier this time around...
    i use an apc it fits perfectly in the door way and no one can get in or out and just murder everyone till it goes to 6 stars and then just use the turret to kill cops outside never got hit by a single cop and when you get bored just reverse out and drive away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I never noticed how bad Tommy handles until I went to play it after playing IV, the add on's and LA Noire. From SA to VC is fine, get used to it in a few minutes, but going from the newest games back, it's really awkward. I got used to SA quicker so that's what I'm playing now.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I never noticed how bad Tommy handles until I went to play it after playing IV, the add on's and LA Noire. From SA to VC is fine, get used to it in a few minutes, but going from the newest games back, it's really awkward. I got used to SA quicker so that's what I'm playing now.

I think it's just that he feels as if he has no weight, and turns and runs too fast. It's one of my biggest gripes with the older games. I'm not really sure what games were out at the same time, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the character control was poor even for the time.

I also never liked the car controls in VC. But I must force myself to go back to it one of these days and actually finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

That the one thing I notice when switching between GTA IV and SA was the speed of movement. I find myself yelling at Niko because of it

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I use to make Tommy do a dance in the Malibu club with the directional buttons, get him on his hunkers aswell to check out women's arses. I still do that and it makes me laugh.

Will the VC anniversary be released as a game in shops?

Anyone know does spawning a car in GTAIV disable achievements? I hate having to go back to a cop station every time my cop car gets wrecked on a Most Wanted misssion, so being able to spawn the FIB Buffalo would be a massive time saver.

I spawned it and it just said "Cheat Activated", doesn't it give a warning if you use other cheats or something?

Using wanted level down and some other ones i cant think of right now puts a warning on the screen saying a certain achievement has been disabled, spawning cars should be grand for achievements.

Using wanted level down and some other ones i cant think of right now puts a warning on the screen saying a certain achievement has been disabled, spawning cars should be grand for achievements.

Cool. :) Was so annoying having to go back to get a cop car every time. And they're not exactly the most robust cars. ;\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Spawning cars is grand for the achievements.

Off the top of my head i cant remember the ones that disable them, but i do know that when you input them you get a "Such and such achievement has been disabled."
    It only disables certain ones.

• Advertisement

From what I remember, it was the One Man Army one (the one for surviving 5 minutes on 6 stars) and cleaned the mean streets (20 vigilante missions).

I think it's just the cheats that give you weapons, health and armour that do it. Only 10 more of the MW to do so will see pretty soon whether all the Buffalo I've been spawning is classed as cheating. :pac:

Advertisement