Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random GTA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Two questions:

1) Price?
    2) Does it stream the audio from the net or download it to your phone?

I remember getting a program for my PC many, many years ago called San Andreas Radio that let you put the SA disc into your PC and then make your own custom playlist using all the songs, ads, and DJ links in the game. Made an hour long radio station that passed away a good few mornings on the hour long journey to Secondary School.

Sorry. It's free.

It streams it. I think it's still a work in progress and is being updated and improved frequently (but again it is free!) and I saw people in the reviews complaining about sound quality but it sounded fine to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MashMash wrote: »
    so do you talk pony in real life like you do on this??

Not sure whether abuse or whimsical reference to something... :)
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Sorry. It's free.

It streams it. I think it's still a work in progress and is being updated and improved frequently (but again it is free!) and I saw people in the reviews complaining about sound quality but it sounded fine to me.

Definitely an interesting idea, will grab it off the store whenever I get to a stable WiFi spot. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Thanks for the GTA Radio suggestion. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

bit off topic but think this is the best forum for this.

i used to love the GTA games until SA game out and too many options etc were in it. also, i didnt like the gameplay(shooting etc, i know i am odd).

however i loved Scarface when it came out a few years back. back playing it again and wondering is there anything out there that is similar in gameplay.

i liked the commercial part, building up the money, buying crazy things.

would love to know is there anything out there that is similar(seeing that the game is broadly similar to GTA, i am thinking ye are the best guys to help me)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Has there been a timeframe announced on when San Andreas will likely be available on PSN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

i used to love the GTA games until SA game out and too many options etc were in it. also, i didnt like the gameplay(shooting etc, i know i am odd).

however i loved Scarface when it came out a few years back. back playing it again and wondering is there anything out there that is similar in gameplay.

would love to know is there anything out there that is similar(seeing that the game is broadly similar to GTA, i am thinking ye are the best guys to help me)

Was reluctant to reply with those comments on SA :P

Scarface was amazing. Loved the empire building in that game.
    I would reccomend new game, Sleeping Dogs. I have two sittings with the game. At first, I loved it straight away, then I was like 'meh.' Picked it up again last night and i'm loving it. It's set in Hong Kong and if you like wandering around foreign cities in games then this one is for you. There's less focus on gunplay and more on hand to hand combat, using the environment to bash your victims. One of my favs is being able to grab someone by the head and ram it between a car door and repeatedly smal the door on the poor bastards head. You learn new fighting moves, acquire cash, cars and you are infiltrating the triads and working as a cop.
    Interesting game.

Nothing's off topic in this thread. :P

I'd recommend The Godfather games. II is readily available on 360/PS3 for peanuts, and the original is probably knocking around in places as well.

Doesn't have the same empire building stuff as in Scarface, in that you don't get to buy that much crazy stuff, but you do get to build your empire by taking over rival gangss business which earn you money every day.

Really un games regardless of whether you like the movies or not IMO.

Other than that, I'd second the recommendation of Sleeping Dogs, an absolutely brilliant game which hasn't got the backing it deserves from the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Just bought GTA4 on Steam for €7.50 :D

Gotta love Steam sales.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Really good and somewhat lengthy (near 20 minutes) look back at III and Vice City by Gametrailers, I think there is one for I and II as well -

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/09j87g/gt-retrospectives-grand-theft-auto-retrospective--part-ii

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Really good and somewhat lengthy (near 20 minutes) look back at III and Vice City by Gametrailers, I think there is one for I and II as well -

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/09j87g/gt-retrospectives-grand-theft-auto-retrospective--part-ii

Loving these. When's SA's one out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I know I'm not the only one who gets bored in GTA games and drives around obeying traffic lights.

krudler wrote: »
    I know I'm not the only one who gets bored in GTA games and drives around obeying traffic lights.

You're certainly not. :o

One of the most irritating things about doing that in IV though is that the AI seems flawed. Best example I can think of is the bridge from Algonquin to North Bohan.

You drive from Northwood to Bohan and stop at the red light on that slope downwards. All the traffic behind you will inch up inside you and it'll eventually cause a traffic jam whereby you can't move forward or backward without hitting them, and they won't move. They'll just sit there honking their horns infinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I blow up traffic jams. Hit one and its like a chain reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

What about the freeways in SA they were dead traps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Jester252 wrote: »
    there's one in downtown los santos and its just a sudden slope in the motorway, i used to see cars getting air and flipping down the slope for about 50 feet before exploding and setting off a chain reaction, i remember sitting there for hours as a young lad watching it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Loving these. When's SA's one out?

Not sure tbh, there might be some schedule with regards to the first two vids if you see when they were posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The drivers did seem to be lacking in the lane discipline department. So many times I'd be on a bike, going from Fierro to Los Santos, only to get side-swiped by a truck and end up in the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was playing GTA1 earlier and it's crazy seeing how far it has come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I downloaded 'GTA Radio' from the Android Market last night. Its got most of the radio channels from most of the GTA games on it and you can flick through them. Hopefully they add an alarm into it at some point.

I went to sleep last night to the dulcet dones of Lazlow on Chatterbox.

Great app.

Listening to K-DST from SA. Ah the.memories, introduced me to Tom Petty, and Kiss. Best station ever

Joined the R* social club thing so am loading my games so they update it. Went to load GTA IV but its after telling me "The downloadable content is not available for this autoload. Please start a new game." I had something like 95%!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Those crazy bastards changing lanes without notice! Wrecking your high-speed buzz across the suspension bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nearly finished my playthrough of SA. It's been 5+ years since I last did the story and it's still awesome. Did the flying school on Saturday and it's a massive pain in the balls to do on a keyboard. The circle the airstrip part must have taken me over ten attempts. Just have the Riot missions left.

Might try GTA IV again if I can't get Vice City to work on PC

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Nearly finished my playthrough of SA. It's been 5+ years since I last did the story and it's still awesome. Did the flying school on Saturday and it's a massive pain in the balls to do on a keyboard. The circle the airstrip part must have taken me over ten attempts. Just have the Riot missions left.

Might try GTA IV again if I can't get Vice City to work on PC

Just half-way through SA myself. Doing the driving school stuff. Man, I got 100% in SA but I don't know if I have the patience to get all gold in the driving school again. I remember the night I originally got it. Stayed up until about 6am trying to beat. I beat it alright. I beat it all night long!

Tried restarting GTA IV. Nope. Wasn't enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I'm playing through SA again on the PC, If anyone is finding it too hard with the KB&M try using Motioninjoy with a PS3/USB controller, its so good to play with the buttons mapped to the original PS2 control scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tried restarting GTA IV. Nope. Wasn't enjoying it.

I'm currently playing through GTAIV. Restarted it after Trailer #2. Going to finish it and the Episodes. It does take a bit to get back into it (especially getting used to the driving again, which I can see why people have been referring to it as "boat-like". But starting to enjoy it again. It is an insanely well-made game. Even more so considering it's almost 5 years old.

Penn wrote: »
    I'm currently playing through GTAIV. Restarted it after Trailer #2. Going to finish it and the Episodes. It does take a bit to get back into it (especially getting used to the driving again, which I can see why people have been referring to it as "boat-like". But starting to enjoy it again. It is an insanely well-made game. Even more so considering it's almost 5 years old.

I only played for about 10 minutes (mostly to get the R* social club to update with my stats) but I have the same plan as you, with doing the three games again. I can't wait to do TLATD again :D

I think once I've gotten through my back log of games (Assassin's Creed III, Hitman Absolution, FIFA 13, Forza Horizon...) I'm going to return and try and finish off 100%ing IV. I've got most stuff done (the cars, the pigeons, 45 of the jumps), so hopefully I'll manage it.

Then I need to replay TLAD. Only ever played it once and have played TBOGT about four times...

I'm ashamed to say I haven't completed TLAD. It's mental since I live, breath and eat GTA. That's my plan tonight then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm ashamed to say I haven't completed TLAD. It's mental since I live, breath and eat GTA. That's my plan tonight then. :rolleyes:

You do it yet?

Started TLAD myself this morning after finishing Niko's story yesterday. Just flew through with Niko. Didn't do any activities with anyone bar Little Jacob (to get the cheap weapons). Didn't date anyone (didn't even ring Kate). Only did a few side missions (assassination contracts and random street person missions). Also, any time I had a choice whether to kill anyone or not, I just shot them straight away. Still took over 20 hours. It has its faults and people are often very quick to point them out, but its still an amazing game.

Started TLAD and forgot how much I prefer the tone and story of this game. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Sons of Anarchy too, but I'd love to play a full game version of this type of story. I still prefer Johnny and TLAD over the other two.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    You do it yet?

Started TLAD myself this morning after finishing Niko's story yesterday. Just flew through with Niko. Didn't do any activities with anyone bar Little Jacob (to get the cheap weapons). Didn't date anyone (didn't even ring Kate). Only did a few side missions (assassination contracts and random street person missions). Also, any time I had a choice whether to kill anyone or not, I just shot them straight away. Still took over 20 hours. It has its faults and people are often very quick to point them out, but its still an amazing game.

Started TLAD and forgot how much I prefer the tone and story of this game. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Sons of Anarchy too, but I'd love to play a full game version of this type of story. I still prefer Johnny and TLAD over the other two.

Yeah, I'm about half way through it now. I'm really enjoying it. It's fantastic. I love the similarities between it and SOA. Johnny is a likeable character. He's not preachy or needy like Niko. I love this relationship his has witht the junkie chick and the way Billy (leader guy?) was getting her over for a bit of ass. This reminded me off the boss in SOA and blonde guy. (Sorry my memory is bad as I've only watched 2 seasons of SOA and it was a long time ago.)

Can't believe It didn't play it properly, sooner.

Advertisement