Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random GTA Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Double post, but Google Chrome is flagging the V thread as malware? Anyone else having this issue or is it just a false positive?

Its fixed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

xerces wrote: »
    I did the same. For the very last car I had to find, I spent hours driving around and returning to a spot where the internet said the particular type of car was to spawn. I think I found it completely by chance in the end, it was a relief when I did :pac:.
    I had all but given up on the last car when I gave it to my brother so he could see if he would be interest in buying it for the 360. Sitting there watching him smashing into everything I yell "THAT'S IT!!!!" He hadnt a clue what I was on about when I took it off him and got that last one, a car he randomly smashed in to! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

xerces wrote: »
    I did the same. For the very last car I had to find, I spent hours driving around and returning to a spot where the internet said the particular type of car was to spawn. I think I found it completely by chance in the end, it was a relief when I did :pac:.

LA Noire is the only game I've ever 100%'d. Proud achievement tbh.

The cars were a bitch at the end though. Took aages!

Sadly, I lost access to that XBL account shortly after because it randomly logged me out and I couldn't remember the email address I'd used to sign up (used a randomly created email address because I wasn't 18 when i signed up using prepaid cards :P). I contemplate going back and getting it on my current account every now and again, but then I remember the pain of getting it once! :pac:

What's the story with free-roaming in GTA IV? I started at it yesterday (TBOGT) and went online to free roam, and every time I did so, I was in the city with one single other person?

What's that all about? Is it because I have no friends? I'd have assumed getting into a relatively packed free roam would've been easy enough, but apparently not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What's the story with free-roaming in GTA IV? I started at it yesterday (TBOGT) and went online to free roam, and every time I did so, I was in the city with one single other person?

What's that all about? Is it because I have no friends? I'd have assumed getting into a relatively packed free roam would've been easy enough, but apparently not?

Not that many people playing it anymore I guess. Although I had a great game a few months back with 10 odd people in the same game.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you're on PS3, me and a few other lads occasionally hop on TBOGT from time to time. Usually free roam or racing. Good craic from time to time. More the merrier if anyone wants to add myself.

I regularly find lobbies with 10 or so people in free roam, think my preferences are slightly different to the default which helps.

I'm on PS3 alright. I've started to get into games with more people now, thankfully, so that's a good thing. I'll add you anyway, Nuri, No harm. I must add the guy from the Jason Bourne/What to do while we wait thread.

Must pick up a headset so I can give over the top and unnecessary abuse to people. (I'm joking, obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Add me too if you want man , im always on with Nuri ,

Carefree_Ste

Jaysus... I've all the GTA's in my Steam library, so I went to play 3, as it's one of only 3 GTA games I've never played (the others being Vice City Stories (which I was never going to play given how underwhelming LCS was) and Chinatown Wars).

It's really hard to get my controller to work with it. Had the same problem with SA yesterday, just can't get it to recognise the D-Pad or the Right Analogue.

Anyone else have this issue?

Jaysus... I've all the GTA's in my Steam library, so I went to play 3, as it's one of only 3 GTA games I've never played (the others being Vice City Stories (which I was never going to play given how underwhelming LCS was) and Chinatown Wars).

It's really hard to get my controller to work with it. Had the same problem with SA yesterday, just can't get it to recognise the D-Pad or the Right Analogue.

Anyone else have this issue?
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

I was 12 when I got San Andreas. I got both San Andreas and Vice City on the same day from a friend. I immediately played SA, and found it hard to go back to VC given the controls. Knew 3 would have the same controls as VC so never bothered getting it.

Turns out it's not just me, it's a well know issue to which there are only really complicated fixes for that I don't know if I have the patience for. :P

I played the fcuk out of GTA III. For ages it was the only thing played. I went back last year and it only took about 10 minutes to get used to the controls. You're just making excuses :p

I played the fcuk out of GTA III. For ages it was the only thing played. I went back last year and it only took about 10 minutes to get used to the controls. You're just making excuses :p

I refuse to play a GTA game wi KB+M. REFUSE! :P

If I get a chance I'll try and set up Joy2Key, but jeez that's a lot of hassle. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Is Vice City out yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Show Time wrote: »
    Is Vice City out yet??

It is! :)

I bought it about 30 mins ago through the web portal, as I'm in work.

Anyone know if it'll download automatically and be ready for me when I get home? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Out to Game Stop so for some credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It is! :)

I bought it about 30 mins ago through the web portal, as I'm in work.

Anyone know if it'll download automatically and be ready for me when I get home? :D

Web portal???? Can you access PS store online now? Can you post a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hogzy wrote: »

Just search for Sony Entertainment Network on Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hogzy wrote: »

Yeah, been there since at least before xmas anyway! It's:

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Then log in using your PSN ID.

Has anyone used motioninjoy? I just tried it with GTA III but cant get it to work properly. It's useless having to think for a couple of seconds before being able to do anything due to the layout being different and not letting me change to what it was on PS2. O is not drive, triangle is not attack (etc.) like it should be! Everything is wrong. Hopefully VC or SA work better.

• Advertisement

Randomly decided to play GTA III on the PS2 today. Soooo much fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Found myself listening to the GTA 3 radio stations on youtube recently. Some very memorable moments on chatterbox.

This was a great one :D

They've never had as good a talk station as Chatterbox since. I listen to it quite a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Beefy78 wrote: »
    They've never had as good a talk station as Chatterbox since. I listen to it quite a lot.

WCTR on San Andreas was the best GTA Talk Radio Station IMO.

The only nagative about chatterbox is hearing the same thing every hour for the whole game. None of the other stations were up to much so it was chatterbox or nothing for me.

VC has two good stations, VRock and the talk show (with Amy?) that had love fist on it, so you could swap between them.

The only nagative about chatterbox is hearing the same thing every hour for the whole game. None of the other stations were up to much so it was chatterbox or nothing for me.

VC has two good stations, VRock and the talk show (with Amy?) that had love fist on it, so you could swap between them.

Oi! Don't you gloss over Emotion 98.3!

Oi! Don't you gloss over Emotion 98.3!
    Too late! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

K-Chat and VCPR in Vice City were both great. VCPR being very underrated

Flashback FM was great.

SHE'S ON FIRE, FIRE, FIRE, FIRE FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!
    SHE'S ON FIRE,
    AND SHE'S BURNING.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    K-Chat and VCPR in Vice City were both great. VCPR being very underrated

K-Chat is the one I was thinking of.

Advertisement