Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random GTA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Some old quotes that I can remember of the top of my head from GTA3.

"If you need a piece, go round back of Ammunation, there should be one waiting there for you" - Luigi and Joey, both say this.

"Chunky Lee Chong owns a noodle stand in China Town. That rat has sold his last stir fry. Take him out" - Joey Leone

"We're going into Hepburn Heights. Some booboo's been dallying up me queen lizzy. You do the driving and the shooting and the dallying, and we'll make sure you don't get cold feet" One of the Yardies says in the mission Uzi Ryder

"I'm not here to be orginal. I'm here to rock, rock around the clock 24/7 dudes!!!" - DJ Michael Hunt Head Radio

"I am latin"
    "Well latin is a big place, where abouts in latin are you from?"
    Fernando Martinez and Lazlow exchange

"Knowledge is King" - Maurice The Pacifist Walsh K-Jah Radio

"Nothing brings real estate prices down, like a good old fashioned gang war" - Donald Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    K-Chat is the one I was thinking of.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Love this quote from it:

MR ZOO: Really I have. There's a hornypat bear named after me, Pat right? Exactly the same as a regular bear only it's got a big horny growth hidden right down its groin area. You gotta reach in and have a fiddle about and then you find it. Completely different it is. I was amazed when I found it.
    AMY: I can imagine. I was amazed when I left the hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Some old quotes that I can remember of the top of my head from GTA3.

"If you need a piece, go round back of Ammunation, there should be one waiting there for you" - Luigi and Joey, both say this.

"Chunky Lee Chong owns a noodle stand in China Town. That rat has sold his last stir fry. Take him out" - Joey Leone

"We're going into Hepburn Heights. Some booboo's been dallying up me queen lizzy. You do the driving and the shooting and the dallying, and we'll make sure you don't get cold feet" One of the Yardies says in the mission Uzi Ryder

"I'm not here to be orginal. I'm here to rock, rock around the clock 24/7 dudes!!!" - DJ Michael Hunt Head Radio

"I am latin"
    "Well latin is a big place, where abouts in latin are you from?"
    Fernando Martinez and Lazlow exchange

"Knowledge is King" - Maurice The Pacifist Walsh K-Jah Radio

"Nothing brings real estate prices down, like a good old fashioned gang war" - Donald Love

"I know a place on the edge of the red light district where we can lay low but my hands are all messed up so you better drive, brotha!" -8 ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Riddle101 wrote: »

I think it's "If you need a piece, go round back of Ammunation opposite the subway"

I always remember that because I could never understand what he says when it trails off at the end of that sentence until I switched subtitles on. That was such a revelation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but all GTA games are now on Steam for about €13 until tomorrow 4-5pm GMT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭steve_r

Play through GTA IV before V comes out or something different?

So I've recently played through GTA III, VC and am working my way through SA. I've trying to make my mind up on whether to play IV again.

On one hand, it's an amazing game. On the other, I haven't played Red Dead, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3.

Has it aged well? It's a big enough conmitment if I do BOGT and LATD as well. I loved the game but I wonder how much of that was discovery.

Plus I didn't find it as fun as the others, a bit grey and drab...

I kinda know the answer/response I'm gonna get;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Personally, I think IV is the one that's held up best. I find VC and SA hard to get back into because of their controls, whereas IV is easy and fun to just pick up and go.

But then I loved IV and think it's probably the best in the series.

If you didn't find IV that fun, then I'd definitely suggest playing Sleeping Dogs instead. You'd knock through it in a week and it's really, really fun.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Personally, I think IV is the one that's held up best. I find VC and SA hard to get back into because of their controls, whereas IV is easy and fun to just pick up and go.

But then I loved IV and think it's probably the best in the series.

If you didn't find IV that fun, then I'd definitely suggest playing Sleeping Dogs instead. You'd knock through it in a week and it's really, really fun.

Most likely I'll try to do both! :)

I'd read a review here (http://www.the-isb.com/?p=6896) that said it was a fun game but limited, and the leveling system was annoying, but the view on boards seems very positive.

IV was a much more serious game than any other GTA, and the new driving was something I struggled with at first. But the combat/cover system was great, waypoints/gps/mission replays were great. Loads of stuff in it was great, I'm sold now that I think of it!

Sleeping Dogs is an incredible game. It's just not quite as polished as GTA IV is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The driving still is a sticking issue for me in IV. I know they were going for more realism, but its things like that, that made the game less fun, at least for me.

• Advertisement

It's funny, I loved the driving in IV because it went down the more realistic route. That was more fun for me than the arcadey driving of most games these days (looking at you BurnoutNeed for Speed).

In fact, one of the things that annoyed me in Sleeping Dogs was the driving because it was so reminiscent of Saints Row et-al.

Different strokes I suppose.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It's funny, I loved the driving in IV because it went down the more realistic route. That was more fun for me than the arcadey driving of most games these days (looking at you BurnoutNeed for Speed).

In fact, one of the things that annoyed me in Sleeping Dogs was the driving because it was so reminiscent of Saints Row et-al.

Different strokes I suppose.

Saints row 3 (from what I've played of it) probably takes the driving too far for me.

I remember the driving being tricky on GTA 1,London and 2. Then GTA 3 etc were so much fun becuase that learning curve was taken away.

Last year I played Liberty City stories on the DS, and I rarely if ever could drive at full speed. It makes the missions so much more difficult, but not impossible. Long run, as with IV, its more rewarding.

But part of the fun in GTA is running amok, and I found it harder to do that in IV because of the realism aspect. Not impossible tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The driving in IV is the best I've ever played in a game I think, it's so rewarding once you get used to it and you are actually battling the car. Definitely something I wouldn't complain about if it stayed the same in V.

I never saw any problem with the driving in IV. It's a complaint that I've never understood. It wasn't that realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Never really had a problem either unless you were in a really slow car. Only issue I had with the driving was the well-documented camera angle meaning you had to hold the right stick down slightly all the time while driving.

The driving in Sleeping Dogs, I'd actually class as being worse than GTAIV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

steve_r wrote: »
    On one hand, it's an amazing game. On the other, I haven't played Red Dead, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3.

:eek:

Stop whatever you're doing and start that game immediately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Play Red Dead first, it's awesome.

As for the driving, I used to describe it as a tank minus the fun but the boat description is more accurate. Tried playing it again recently and hated it once again. You do get used to it again, but it's pure crap at first. The III era driving is far better. Only takes about 30 seconds to get used to again. Only game I'd go with again is TLAD because of the awesome story.

jd007 wrote: »
    :eek:

Stop whatever you're doing and start that game immediately!
    Play Red Dead first, it's awesome.

The people have spoken! Once I'm through with SA it'll be next on the list so (with Sleeping Dogs and IV!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The driving in IV is perfectly fine, i have very few complaints about that game as a whole, one that i can think of is that LC is meant to be an emulation of New York, so why is there fúck all pedestrians and traffic? I wanna be able to hop into a bus and run over groups of 30 people, not hit maybe the odd person that's walking across the road, hopefully they'll have sorted that out in V and maybe increase the traffic and sh!t

GTA vice city stories and Liberty city stories on PSN next week - according to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84039284#post84039284

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »
    GTA vice city stories and Liberty city stories on PSN next week - according to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84039284#post84039284

What did people make of the "Stories" games when they were launched? I got the PS2 port of LCS and thought it was really poor so didn't get VCS. I've heard they were meant to be pretty good on the PSP though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This is cool. Who can name 'em all?

67512_10151621493205097_1172067941_n.jpg

Have to agree with those saying IV's driving was the best in the series. The best driving in any game I think I've ever played, to be honest. Extremely satisfying.

The most irritating thing about IV (I'd stretch to infuriating, actually) is how long it it takes you to get into a car/vehicle. Especially online when people are blowing the bollocks off you and you're fiddling with the door handle on a car for what feels like 25 minutes.

They said that V is going to be more a 'racing game' style, which has me devastated, to be honest. Driving is the best part of IV. Even just skidding around the airport is fun for ages due to the differences in cars, physics, etc. It was done exceptionally well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah, especially if you put a cop car into a wall or oncoming traffic, you know you won't be seeing them again. In the older GTA games that would only buy you a few seconds of freedom to try and escape before they were back on you.

My only gripe with IV is the lack of things to do after you finish the story.
    I still think San Andreas was the best in the series due to the amount of stuff you could do outside of the story.

Other than that I really enjoyed IV and look forward eagerly to V.

My only gripe with IV is the lack of things to do after you finish the story.
    I still think San Andreas was the best in the series due to the amount of stuff you could do outside of the story.

I'd say I only played 20 mins of V after beating the story. Moved onto TBOGT and TLATD straight away and, same again, once the story was done, so was I.

With the previous gen, there was a lot (car collecting, other missions) to do, it really felt like you were part of a bigger world.

I'm probably way to harsh on IV, I'm going to go back and play it again and I'm sure I'll be back on here praising it.

There is a good bit of stuff to do, but not as much and the pigeons are just annoying. You have car thefts, assassinations, drug deliveries and probably a bit more I'm forgetting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There is a good bit of stuff to do, but not as much and the pigeons are just annoying. You have car thefts, assassinations, drug deliveries and probably a bit more I'm forgetting.

Going bowling with your cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

san andreas and china town are best games in series, loads to do. IV was good

Wasnt sure where to put this so took a guess on here:

ebdceceb6da559052bbf1effe3f06e39.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Downloading San Andreas. The TV I have now is a full 30 inches bigger than the last TV I played this game on. Can't wait to see how it holds up!

Advertisement