Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacked by Pet

• 14-06-2012 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a pet hamster. I was very happy and excited by the prospect of looking after this fun family pet. However my hopes were short lived.

When trying to feed my hamster he would not eat, so in an effort to get him to eat, I put the lamb shank I was feeding him up to his face, but to my horror he bit my finger.

I would describe the pain as medium, about 5 on a scale of 10. However the shock of the whole ordeal really shook my confidence and I have not left my home since the incident occured out of fear.

It's been a whole 12 days since he attacked me and I have been avoiding him ever since. What should I do? Should I forgive him, it's just I don't know if I can trust him anymore. What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I would reason with him, maybe ask for a token of appreciation, like a meal or a card. In fairness, you probably over cooked the lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Giblet wrote: »
    I would reason with him, maybe ask for a token of appreciation, like a meal or a card. In fairness, you probably over cooked the lamb.

There's no reasoning with him, I'm getting scared now. The lamb was tescos finest and it was cooked to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

Did you cook the lamb with rosemary?

Hamsters hate rosemary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Give him a smack in the head and sho him whos boss

ukonline wrote: »
    Did you cook the lamb with rosemary?

Hamsters hate rosemary.

That may be it, why didn't the shop owner tell me this. The hamster is very angry though, I don't think it would be a smart idea to go near him. Should I just move house to avoid any further interaction with the hamster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Give him a smack in the head and sho him whos boss

Terrible terrible awful advice...

Is the hamster by itself?

Achilles wrote: »
    Terrible terrible awful advice...

Is the hamster by itself?

He has my family hostage, he's not the sort of hamster you mess with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Cook him another shank - this time with mint NO rosemary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

It's very possible he felt threatened by your avatar. I suggest you bring your hamster to couples counselling where they will help you both work through your issues.

Case Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement