Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account/Bad credit

Options
  • 14-06-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Looking for some advice

Im currently based in Australia i had to move because of lack of work at home.I hadnt used my AIB account as i was working from my OZ account and transfered money to my Parents for my bills at home.

I am doing quiet well out here and am hoping to get married in 2014 at home and was going to transfer money to my Irish account and save it there.Thing is i dont have a great credit rating in Ireland and i was wondering what options i have if any....Ulster refused to open an account based on my credit rating

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Looking for some advice

Im currently based in Australia i had to move because of lack of work at home.I hadnt used my AIB account as i was working from my OZ account and transfered money to my Parents for my bills at home.

I am doing quiet well out here and am hoping to get married in 2014 at home and was going to transfer money to my Irish account and save it there.Thing is i dont have a great credit rating in Ireland and i was wondering what options i have if any....Ulster refused to open an account based on my credit rating

Many thanks

Clear your outstanding debts if possible and will improve your credit rating. Can you not continue to use your AIB account, most likely still active?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

Wont be able to clear my debts that quickly :( AIB closed my account on Tuesday cause it was inactive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Are you working on clearing your debts? AIB should be ok about keeping your account open if you are servicing your debts. If they closed it on you more than likely its gone a bit too far and not being paid regularly. If so, you should more worried about paying your debts rather than saving. Save by all means but your debts need to be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

My debt is an over the counter credit union loan which i transfer money to my Dad and he pays it when he pays his.I just havent used the account in 12 months the ATM card or have i transfered money in this is why they closed it

Advertisement