Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Anyone Sometimes Wish They Were Born A Women Rather Than A Man??

• 14-06-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cybercubed

No this not about becoming a transsexual but rather if you could came back into another life, would you rather be born a women than a man or vice versa. Like I say this not about people wanting a current sex change or anything.

I say because I think its easier to be a women in this world at times for the following reasons:

- Women live longer
    - Are less likely to commit suicide statistically
    - Can be any height, men can't afford to be short for dating purposes (5'8 or less) as they are an instant turn off, but women can be short and it doesn't affect them
    - Don't have to worry about going bald (rarely)
    - Women who are socially inept/ugly are more likely to get laid/have a relationship/married than a socially inept/ugly male
    - Do not have to deal with the humalition of having a small sexual anatomy (e.g. small penis)
    - Do not under the extreme circumstances have to be drafted to fight a war
    - Are allowed to be virgins in their 30s and can still be a good dating match, for men in this situation its a complete turn off/disaster and no chance of getting a date.
    - Can earn a lot less than men/potential partner and still be a good dating match, this cannot be the case for a man as lots of women are instantly suspicious of dating a man with inferior earning potential to theirs.
    - Are less likely to be potentially psychopathic killers/paedophiles/end up in jail

I mean theres so much pressure in this world being a male its depressing. :(

So many social expectations its not true. I think I times if I can back as another life I would like to be a women sometimes. So much easier....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'd love to be a guy.
    Life would be way simpler, and less painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'd give it a go, but there are certain aspects of being male that I would truly hate.

Edit:Goddammit...for some reason I read that as would you prefer to be the opposite gender?
    Don't be female!!!! Are you mad?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

sometimes I wish I was a squirrel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Cybercubed wrote: »
    So many social expectations its not true. I think I times if I can back as another life I would like to be a women sometimes. So much easier....

You're acting like one.... um no offense ladies? (Stupid political correctness).
    Man up, women wouldn't want you either. You're just being pathetic. No one likes that. NO ONE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I think women have it better.

Maybe not for the reasons given, but at the risk of sounding soppy...they get to experience pregnancy and birth and I know a lot of men are jealous of that. Others are delighted obviously ....

I'd love to be a man for a day though. Would love a bj ...see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

No, never wished I'd been born a lady.

Although if I were I'd make a lovely lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd love to be a guy.
    Life would be way simpler, and less painful.

There should be a "kicked in the balls simulator" to dispell this myth.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Try going through labour and childbirth and see if you'd rather be a woman then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A female squirrell?

I'd give it a go, fancy trying out them multiple orgasms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Like to bury your nuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I can I be a woman for a day so I can sit in front of the mirror playing with my boobs and minge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

So your a short, bald, ugly virgin with a small willy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Just as likely to attempt but fail, which is hardly something I'd be touting as an advantage of the gender. Any man who wishes they were born a woman isn't a man anyway, he's some sort of he-thing, a gross Chernobyl freak that needs to grow some balls, eat some steak and do some squats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No way would I want to come back as a woman.

The pressure of having to look good all the time.
    Having to get up earlier to put on makeup and get the hair right.
    Once a month.
    Bitchyness with other women.
    Can't eat as much as men, lower daily intake requirement. ( I love my food)
    Child Birth.
    Women's issues checkups.
    Having to buy loads of clothes and shoes.
    Can never wear the same clothes twice.
    Having to out do other people with social events on FB.

As a man I think we have it very easy indeed. Plus side by side, the female form is far more attractive on the eye than the male. Even straight women would agree on that. Only good thing to being a woman is cheaper car insurance.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    So your a short, bald, ugly virgin with a small willy?

You forgot one, he's broke as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'd only do it if i could be a hot lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

It was only a matter of time before someone brought up the 'you've never experienced the pain of childbirth!' line.

I bet men'd be well able for childbirth. Because we're hard as nails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

No. Never. Love being a man.

Child birth for one thing. Having to get ready for work/nights out etc another. Having to deal with other women, they can be complete bitches to each other!

No way would I want to come back as a woman.

The pressure of having to look good all the time.
    Having to get up earlier to put on makeup and get the hair right.
    Once a month.
    Bitchyness with other women.
    Can't eat as much as men, lower daily intake requirement. ( I love my food)
    Child Birth.
    Women's issues checkups.
    Having to buy loads of clothes and shoes.
    Can never wear the same clothes twice.
    Having to out do other people with social events on FB.

As a man I think we have it very easy indeed. Plus side by side, the female form is far more attractive on the eye than the male. Even straight women would agree on that. Only good thing to being a woman is cheaper car insurance.

That really made me laugh...

And yes, women are sexier!!

I couldn't be a man, this is going to sound stupid but how do you walk without squashing your balls between your legs? And your penis flapping all over the place. I sleep with a bra on so I'd be useless with men parts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭amacca

Really op ...5' 8'' is the cut off point?

goddamn it ...mother****er...

@#$$$$£;££#sd

aaargh...so that's why I'm never dating the one I like

time for that surgery in russia

.......hey wait just a minute, small willy....a ffs:eek:

time for that surgery in russia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I say because I think its easier to be a women in this world at times for the following reasons:

- Women live longer

But have to go through periods, pregnancy, menopause etc.

I don't know what to tell you..

- Can be any height, men can't afford to be short for dating purposes (5'8 or less) as they are an instant turn off, but women can be short and it doesn't affect them

Actually, it does. A majority of men don't like dwarfs. How many women said to you, "I'd love to be smaller"?

They have treatment for that these days...

- Women who are socially inept/ugly are more likely to get laid/have a relationship/married than a socially inept/ugly male

Good point. They can even make money from it if they wish.

- Do not have to deal with the humalition of having a small sexual anatomy (e.g. small penis)

Have you heard of breast implants? Or what about women worrying about the size of _________? Some get surgical procedures done because they're so embarrassed.

I'm a man and I wouldn't fight anyone elses war.

- Are allowed to be virgins in their 30s and can still be a good dating match, for men in this situation its a complete turn off/disaster and no chance of getting a date.

You've lost your mind

- Can earn a lot less than men/potential partner and still be a good dating match, this cannot be the case for a man as lots of women are instantly suspicious of dating a man with inferior earning potential to theirs.

You feel insecure that you won't be good enough for other people? What a terribly lonely life you must lead.

-Are less likely to be potentially psychopathic killers/paedophiles/end up in jail

Maybe they just don't get caught?

See bold. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I now understand how people feel when posters in AH mention "town" and expects everyone to know they mean "Dublin".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I wish I was a man, about once a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Yep its a woman's world alright, at least in western society anyway. In Muslim countries it would be a different story. I'd hate to be a woman living in Iraq or Afghanistan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I wish I was a man.

-Never having to hide one night stands - legendary status bestowed instead.
    -Naked ambition is expected rather than being looked down upon.
    -Having automatic respect given to you within sporting circles instead of "Ah sure, do ye actually play a full 90 minutes?"
    -Shaving/waxing/lasering (laser fecking hurts!!!) intimate and not so intimate areas.
    -make-up
    -high heels
    -Within work, never being put down or spoken to like a child.
    -When purchasing a car never being told that when I was paying cash, because I had savings that I was a great girl yourself.
    -When purchasing said car being told that the car was not silver, definately not silver - it was argento - Latin for silver - what a dick.
    -Again within work, being asked "is himself available?" when it's my job and he has feck all to do with it!
    - Within sporting circles, having to give up the good pitch for a league game for the Under12 boys.
    -In a sports shop, when purchasing runners being told to buy the cheaper pair because it wasn't like I was training for a marathon. Two marathons run to date.
    -I'd love to sit in a pub by myself and have a pint, and not feel obliged to take out my phone to divert unwanted attention.
    -Being told that I was great cos I called crossing in a rugby game before any of the lads in the pub - strangers coming up to shake my hand cos I spotted why the ref had blown.
    -Being told when reffing school games (I'm a primary teacher) that maybe one of the dads should ref it- NO - I'M reffing it.

Are these enough reasons - or should I write more???!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No this not about becoming a transsexual but rather if you could came back into another life, would you rather be born a women than a man or vice versa. Like I say this not about people wanting a current sex change or anything.

- Women live longer
    - Are less likely to be potentially psychopathic killers/paedophiles/end up in jail

I mean theres so much pressure in this world being a male its depressing. :(

...but they don't have langers.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There should be a "kicked in the balls simulator" to dispell this myth.:(

Not just childbirth, but every month of our child bearing years too.
    I've done child birth with no painkillers twice - and well it is just absolutely retarded to suggest that being kicked in the balls even comes remotely close to the pain!

The actual pushing out of the small human, while fcuking excruciating, isn't the most painful thing about the entire experience.
    The contractions that come every few minutes for hours and hours, and last a few minutes each time - that is beyond explanation.
    It's just one of those things that you have to go through to really understand.

Now the actual pain of being kicked in the balls, I imagine, is very sore, but imagine being kicked in the balls every few minutes, more intensely each time, and each time lasting longer, then you poo infront of a bunch of people, and eventually you have to pi$$ out a tennis ball.

And this is after 9 months of pain and discomfort, nausea and swelling, fatigue and losing your independence, getting fat and getting hideous acne.

And this is all after years of shedding blood and rolling and writhing about in pain, and losing your sanity for about a week every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you're trolling OP. Or else you're not very smart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Jogathon I would've though make-up was a great reason to be a woman?? There's nothing a man can do to cover up spots or enhance his eye colour!

Also, big fan of heels, they're very flattering to calf muscles. And they're optional, you're not expected to wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I've often thought I might be a butch lesbian tomboy with the wrong genital parts. :(

Not just childbirth, but every month of our child bearing years too.
    I've done child birth with no painkillers twice - ............

Why did you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I wish I were Human.

Nodin wrote: »
    Why did you do that?

Because by the time the anesthitist (no idea how to spell this) was available, I was too far along to stay still enough to get an injection in my spinal cord.
    Both times! - Same fcuking thing!!!
    Pure bad luck I guess!

I'm 6mths pregnant now again, and if I don't get an epidural this time, I think I might kill someone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Women seem to be able to have never-ending bone shattering orgasms. I wouldn't mind if us blokes could have the same!

• Advertisement

Jogathon wrote: »
    I wish I was a man.

-Never having to hide one night stands

-I'd love to sit in a pub by myself and have a pint, and not feel obliged to take out my phone to divert unwanted attention.

-At least you have the option of having one night stands.

-Men get put down in work too.

-Why would you need to take out your mobile phone to divert unwanted attention? :confused:

Because by the time the anesthitist (no idea how to spell this) was available, I was too far along to stay still enough to get an injection in my spinal cord.
    Both times! - Same fcuking thing!!!
    Pure bad luck I guess!!!

The curse of a malice filled neighbour more likely. Or one of those cows in the office that bitches about when people take their maternity leave.
    I'm 6mths pregnant now again, and if I don't get an epidural this time, I think I might kill someone!!

Well doing something generally distracts from pain, so a bit of stabbity stabbity might be helpful.

The_Thing wrote: »
    I wish I were Human.

Its overrated.

Just get a langer. They're deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hell no!

Men are great- I love them!

And the period thing- urgh

[QUOTE=

-Why would you need to take out your mobile phone to divert unwanted attention? :confused:[/QUOTE]

"Ah but seriously, why are you on your own, aren't they desperate to leave you sitting here like this? The cheek of them being late. Sure you can sit down with us so you won't be on your own."

That kind of thing - I'm actally quite enjoying my own company thanks!

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    Women seem to be able to have never-ending bone shattering orgasms. I wouldn't mind if us blokes could have the same!

You're either unbelievable in the sack, she's faking, or you watch too much porn...

Jogathon I would've though make-up was a great reason to be a woman?? There's nothing a man can do to cover up spots or enhance his eye colour!

Also, big fan of heels, they're very flattering to calf muscles. And they're optional, you're not expected to wear them.

I see the positive points of it all too! I wear make-up most days, but end up doing it in 5 mins in the car-park. It's just an extra thing to think of every morning!
    High heels though are saved for pubbing and clubbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I've often thought I might be a butch lesbian tomboy with the wrong genital parts. :(

Cos you've man boobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

nah, women have to look good; men can pull based on personality no matter what they look like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

syndeyfife wrote: »

You're either unbelievable in the sack, she's faking, or you watch too much porn...
    The first one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I think I read somewhere that both Susan Boyle and Mary harney both wish they were born as women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I have some older sisters and comparing the difficulties they have had in proving & establishing themselves in a professional capacity compared to the boys in my family, I see that as a good enough reason in itself to be grateful I was not born a woman.

And that's before you even begin to take on what I would see as 'stealth sexism' that exists in many aspects of a woman's personal life within the family and in relation to her spouse (if heterosexual): things like inheritance issues, control over the family finances, earnings differential due to childbirth or other employment factors, and so on.

I think it's a shame not to be able to claim indifference to what sex one was born into in the same way that one might say "if I were born with blue eyes, my life would be no different". But as a society, we have still not got beyond gender as an irrelevant biological allocation, and along with (I would imagine) most men, I am quite glad that I was born a man. Comparing my situation to that of my female relatives, I genuinely believe that it's a better situation to find yourself in both on an economic and a personal basis. We have more catching up to do on gender equality than many of us care to accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

There are advantages and disadvantages to being either gender, it's not a competition. Anyone who genuinely thinks one gender has it way better than the other is probably harbouring resentment because of personal experience. Lol at "It's a woman's world" in the West. It's thankfully neither a woman's nor a man's, but when it comes to specific issues, one gender (varies which one) can have the upper hand unfortunately.
    Jogathon wrote: »
    I wish I was a man.

-Never having to hide one night stands - legendary status bestowed instead.

-Naked ambition is expected rather than being looked down upon.

-Having automatic respect given to you within sporting circles instead of "Ah sure, do ye actually play a full 90 minutes?"

-Shaving/waxing/lasering (laser fecking hurts!!!) intimate and not so intimate areas.

-make-up

-high heels

-When purchasing a car never being told that when I was paying cash, because I had savings that I was a great girl yourself.

-When purchasing said car being told that the car was not silver, definately not silver - it was argento - Latin for silver - what a dick.

-Again within work, being asked "is himself available?" when it's my job and he has feck all to do with it!

- Within sporting circles, having to give up the good pitch for a league game for the Under12 boys.

-In a sports shop, when purchasing runners being told to buy the cheaper pair because it wasn't like I was training for a marathon. Two marathons run to date.

-Being told that I was great cos I called crossing in a rugby game before any of the lads in the pub - strangers coming up to shake my hand cos I spotted why the ref had blown.

-Being told when reffing school games (I'm a primary teacher) that maybe one of the dads should ref it- NO - I'M reffing it.
    Some of those are shyte but some of them are only problems depending on the individual. I've never felt the need to hide one-night stands (and womanisers aren't always considered legends), you don't have to laser or wax (but I do agree it feels like you have to remove body hair - however I don't personally have a problem with that).

I don't have any desire to be a man - not because I think women are better or because it's so much easier, I just like being a woman. And two of the main things I like about being a woman: make-up and having boobs!

syndeyfife wrote: »

You mean women can't have endless earth shattering orgasms? Well feck that porn anyway. It seems to be misleading me somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Child birth cant be that mad. loads of woman choose to have a second or third or fourth child. if it's as sore as you make it out to be then why would you want to do it again?

Every girl I've ever met has thought a lot of things are sore that just really aren't. Man the **** up and push the baby out.

and now we must wait for disgruntled baby makers to tell me im wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement