Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Anyone Sometimes Wish They Were Born A Women Rather Than A Man??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Very happy to be a woman but aware that I was lucky enough to be born in a country where my rights are respected and I don't have to suffer GFM or be married off at 12 and destined for a life of no education, endless children and zero rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Nah, if I was a man, I wouldn't want to have gay sex.
    I'd be happy enough with a woman I think.
    I'm not a lesbian or bi though.

Well according to my theory, thought up in my own head and based on no actually evidence, you might be.

So I dunno............you might wanna wear a hat.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cybercubed wrote: »

OP, why are you assuming everyone is a man and can assumptions get any bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I actually think the ability to have children is a really positive aspect of being a woman, despite the fact that I am also completely terrified at the thought of childbirth.

I’ve always loved being female, even though the older I get the more I realise how tough the world can be for women; having to fight your corner so much. The world is tough on lots of people though, and I’m sure there are ways men find life tough that I don’t recognise. I have to say though I really love my femininity and overall I am happy with my lot. Female friendships are also pretty great.

Women: a great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 teemm

Yes every day several times a day. I hate being a man. All the so called advantages are none of the sort. More men commit suicide or kill themselves doing something stupid or become drunks, drug addicts or criminals than women ever do.

You're subject to violence from some of the above and are often expected to be just as violent or be considered a wimp or a coward or gay. You can't be gay either that gives neanderthals the excuse to declare open season on you. Even if you are straight you cannot express emotions or have an interest in anything considered effeminate.

You can't express your emotions, cry or be yourself. How many women out have found it surprising to find their man is quite a different creature when around her than when around his friends? Get a gang of men together with no females present and they compete to act and talk more macho than the other and talk about women in the most demeaning way. Married men and men in committed relationships openly boasting about their cheating other conquests. Men act differently when there's no women around. Unless they're talking about their interests, usually sport.

Women complain about the difficulty in getting on in their careers, quite rightly. But what about men who fail to be the breadwinner or rise up through the ranks. They're despised for their failure and have no one to blame but themselves.

There may be plenty of downsides to being a woman but there's a lot to be said for it. But I cannot honestly see very few good things about being a man.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Pascaldiddly

yes way more support and sympathy. west is more sinister nonetheless. the india god of death is a goddess. gay men slightly gay men straight men we get on its those women that bring death and destruction similar to mother nature ah no offence thats just the it is..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

^^^^^
    Er... yeah. :confused:
    OP, why are you assuming everyone is a man and can assumptions get any bigger?
    Because he's assuming everyone here is a man probably... even though this is "a woman's world" apparently. :)
    teemm wrote: »
    Yes every day several times a day. I hate being a man. All the so called advantages are none of the sort. More men commit suicide or kill themselves doing something stupid or become drunks, drug addicts or criminals than women ever do.
    There's a degree of choice though - these are not things forced on a gender just because the incidence of them are higher within that gender.
    You can't be gay either that gives neanderthals the excuse to declare open season on you. Even if you are straight you cannot express emotions or have an interest in anything considered effeminate. You can't express your emotions, cry or be yourself.
    You can be gay, you can express emotions/cry/have an interest in anything considered effeminate. Sure, you encounter prejudice, doesn't mean you can't be/do any of the above full stop though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'd love to be an eagle. That would be ****ing class.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

In a heartbeat.

Growing up I was taught Its a mans world and no advice I have recieved has rang more true.

If I was a man I would be paid more for what I do and probably be treated with more respect.

I wouldnt be expected to have a baby and reminded the clock is ticking every bleedin couple of months by colleagues and other people who should mind their own business.

Never gettin married = bachelor living he dream as oppossed to old maid.

I wouldn't have to maintain a size 8 figure and work crazy hard to keep it that way.

If I was a guy I could stay out all night get sh#t faced and cheat on my girlfriend and I'd be a legend.

Being good at sport is considered butch not an achievement.

Nobody ever says "your such a man or stop acting like a man" as an insult.
    Being compared to a woman is an insult.There you go.
    Just being born a "girl" is perceived as weak.You have no idea how lucky you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Any key? wrote: »
    If I was a guy I could stay out all night get sh#t faced and cheat on my girlfriend and I'd be a legend.

A lad who cheats on his girlfriend isn't a legend. He's an arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Pascaldiddly

Ah dont mind me she brings life too much if not utmost respect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I wouldn't have to maintain a size 8 figure and work crazy hard to keep it that way.

Why do you have to maintain a size 8 figure? :confused:

I know this seems harsh but to be honest, as I expected, anyone who maintains the opposite sex has it far better comes across as a right victim. Much of these gender restrictions spoken about are imposed by nobody other than yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Onixx wrote: »
    Much of these gender restrictions spoken about are imposed by nobody other than yourselves.

Really gotta agree here, it's insane how much people restrict themselves. I used to do it, I used to feel I had to walk a certain way, talk a certain way, act a certain way, it was absolutely horribele, but now I don't really give a crap.

everyone here should take note of this message: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59kamt2MX1qgot39o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There should be a "kicked in the balls simulator" to dispell this myth.:(

How many times were you kicked in the balls?
    Not just childbirth, but every month of our child bearing years too.
    I've done child birth with no painkillers twice - and well it is just absolutely retarded to suggest that being kicked in the balls even comes remotely close to the pain!

How many times were you kicked in the balls?

also, getting hit in the tits hurts more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I think I times if I can back as another life I would like to be a women sometimes. So much easier....

WTF? Have you ever been in a relationship with a woman - or even talked to one? Being male is much, much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Why do you have to maintain a size 8 figure? :confused:

Of course I do no have to.Fashion is designed for skinny women not curvy so in order to look good and have confidence in myself I watch my wieght.
    Most women do even the chubby ones you think don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Try going through labour and childbirth and see if you'd rather be a woman then!

Women choose to have a second (or more) child, never met a man that asked for another kick in the nuts

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    What is transgendered exactly? I never really understood what it is..

Someone who has had a sex change. So, from the point of view of this thread, are they happy having experienced both genders, or do they wish they were born the way they are now. (And wonder what it would be like to be born the other gender)

Fashion is designed for skinny women not curvy so in order to look good and have confidence in myself I watch my wieght.
    Most women do even the chubby ones you think don't.
    Might be difficult to get flattering clothes if you're very overweight but fashion caters for far more than just size 8. And it's not like the only way a woman can be slim is being a size 8. :confused:

This is a pressure men face too, if not to the same extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Funglegunk wrote: »
    A lad who cheats on his girlfriend isn't a legend. He's an arsehole.

True, never heard of any man ever being praised for cheating..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Women choose to have a second (or more) child, never met a man that asked for another kick in the nuts

Apparently nature's designed it so you block out the pain afterwards and looking back can only remember the amazing joy you felt on seeing your baby.

Just as well really, or the human race would have died out a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Someone who has had a sex change.

What? No!

It's psychological, and a sex change is not required to be transgendered.

Transgendered is a person who identifies with a different gender to what they were assigned at birth.

Basically a man who has always felt like/identified as a woman, or a woman who identifies as a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Apparently nature's designed it so you block out the pain afterwards and looking back can only remember the amazing joy you felt on seeing your baby.

Just as well really, or the human race would have died out a long time ago.

So not that bad so? ;-)

• Advertisement

What? No!

Yeah, you're right. I probably should have kept my mouth shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Even when I was in my mother's womb I realised I was a man trapped in a woman's body.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why would men? What do they get out of it only a kick in the nuts? And how often does this happen by the way? By accident in sport? Or do ye do it do each other on puropse cuz you're cruel feckers? :)

Women do it again, because the extreme agony results in something they love more than anything else.

Just don't understand why it has to be so bloody painful.

That's what I hate most about being a woman, I'm logical, and our systems are so bloody badly organised and inefficent it drives me mad!

Why not just have the egg released when it senses sperm in the womb? Why on earth have it released every single month over 40 years just in case? Then spend 5 days getting rid of it every month? So much energy and expenditure wasted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

men can't afford to be short for dating purposes (5'8 or less) as they are an instant turn off

Hold on a minute...! Do most women share this view? Are men who are 5'8 or less too short?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Hold on a minute...! Do most women share this view? Are men who are 5'8 or less too short?

Is cybercube a man who said that?

I actually went through a phase of fancying really short muscly men!

Tall men are v.nice too!

I like them tall men, I like them small men...

• Advertisement

Are men who are 5'8 or less too short?
    Not to me - my preference is that a guy is either the same height as me (5ft 5") or taller but not necessarily tall. The very specific figure you've quoted is probably pulled out of thin air by the person who said it.

Onixx wrote: »
    Not to me - my preference is that a guy is either the same height as me (5ft 5") or taller but not necessarily tall. The very specific figure you've quoted is probably pulled out of thin air by the person who said it.

Well judging by a lot of women's dating profiles, anything under 5'8 is considered too small, even if the girl is only 5'1. 5'8 seems to be the magic number. Thankfully there's a few ladies like yourself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

No this not about becoming a transsexual but rather if you could came back into another life, would you rather be born a women than a man or vice versa. Like I say this not about people wanting a current sex change or anything.

I say because I think its easier to be a women in this world at times for the following reasons:

- Women live longer
    - Are less likely to commit suicide statistically
    - Can be any height, men can't afford to be short for dating purposes (5'8 or less) as they are an instant turn off, but women can be short and it doesn't affect them
    - Don't have to worry about going bald (rarely)
    - Women who are socially inept/ugly are more likely to get laid/have a relationship/married than a socially inept/ugly male
    - Do not have to deal with the humalition of having a small sexual anatomy (e.g. small penis)
    - Do not under the extreme circumstances have to be drafted to fight a war
    - Are allowed to be virgins in their 30s and can still be a good dating match, for men in this situation its a complete turn off/disaster and no chance of getting a date.
    - Can earn a lot less than men/potential partner and still be a good dating match, this cannot be the case for a man as lots of women are instantly suspicious of dating a man with inferior earning potential to theirs.
    - Are less likely to be potentially psychopathic killers/paedophiles/end up in jail

I mean theres so much pressure in this world being a male its depressing. :(

So many social expectations its not true. I think I times if I can back as another life I would like to be a women sometimes. So much easier....

Didn't even read the rest of the Thread - just your headline!!!

Ans: Ker ryst .... NO!!!

What? No!

Well, it's not psycholigical ;) see here: transsexual gene link identified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cybercubed

Well judging by a lot of women's dating profiles, anything under 5'8 is considered too small, even if the girl is only 5'1. 5'8 seems to be the magic number. Thankfully there's a few ladies like yourself. ;)

80% of women would refuse to date a man under 5'8.

http://www.shortguysrule.com/

Its a magic number well if you are smaller than that you will have difficulty. Heck I know people who are 5'8 who have been rejected reuglarly for being "too short".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I think the word "refuse" is a bit strong. It might be the preference of a lot of women to have a man a good bit taller than them, but I think if most women found someone they had a connection with they would not give a shíte how tall he was. It's just a meaningless preference that would go out the window if a genuine connection was made.

80% of women would refuse to date a man under 5'8.

http://www.shortguysrule.com/

Its a magic number well if you are smaller than that you will have difficulty. Heck I know people who are 5'8 who have been rejected reuglarly for being "too short".

In fairness if a short guy is good looking he can still get women. There are plenty of tall men with a face like a well slapped arse who have no luck with women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh, there called trannys

"tranny" is generally a term of abuse aimed at transgender women, or like calling someone gay a ******. its something that trans people would appreciate not being used :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I actually think I like being a woman.
    Even though there are some annoying aspects of being one.
    I just can't imagine myself being a man.
    Although women are expected to be more emotional.
    And some girls can be bitchy I'm not really bitchy or that emotional.
    A lot more judgemental.

I just couldn't see myself as a man . If I was a man I'd love to be able to play football go out in the field a play footie.
    Men also tend to be stronger. I know you can as a girl but it's not the same.

But generally I prefer being a woman after thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I think men have tougher lives but I still prefer being a man.

This is a man's world, but it would mean nothing without a woman's vagina!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I don't think I could be a woman. The sight of blood makes me weak at the knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I like being a woman. Hard to put into words why but besides from periods and The blues that come with it once a month (which are a big pain in the hole both figuratively and literally), I can't see any downsides to it.

In the past it was tougher. I did a practical media degree and it was hard to muscle in with the lads in the studio and prove you were just as good as them. I think many of them believed technology was a male thing but I think that came down to age.

Besides from that, I always felt I was taken seriously as a woman and never really felt I had to prove myself to anyone worth their salt.

I like the femininity and softness that goes with being a woman. I don't mean being a girly-girl or submissive but there's a gentleness expected of women that I find easier to live up to. And I like my female body and all that goes with it as well.

I suppose I'm not trying to compete in a male arena so I don't face any problems of that sort and I've always given bitchy people a wide berth, so that's never been an issue.

It would be nice to be able to have multiple orgasms. Although a pig's orgasm lasts 30 mins, so I'd rather be a pig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Woman.

Seanchai wrote: »
    Woman.

Isn't Seanchai a Thai kickboxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

I would be a man without a shadow of a doubt. If I am totally honest..
    Better job opportunities

1.Better choice of cloths.. for any occasion and they don't cost a fortune! and quicker to get ready and get out the door
    2.As a man I imagine it would be easier to be left alone in a bar/club. How many times I wish I could just buy the Sunday paper and sit at the bar and drink my pint of Guinness! :P
    3.Cheaper haircuts
    4.Less bitchiness as there is with woman
    5.Less stereo types to fit into
    6.No matter how ugly you are in the majority of cases you will get someone (either because of a big willy or big wage packet)

I could go on but the basic jist is yes I think its a man's world and it a lad was to come over and risk it as a woman they would soon run to the hills :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Oh dear God no. *shudders*
    We have it waaaaaaay easier.
    Besides, I love my willy. Wouldn't go anywhere without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

2.As a man I imagine it would be easier to be left alone in a bar/club. How many times I wish I could just buy the Sunday paper and sit at the bar and drink my pint of Guinness! :P

I find this reason interesting, and am curious to know more about people's experiences in this regard. A few other women have posted something similar.

I've always been able to enjoy a pint in a pub and read the paper or my book, or simply just sit with my thoughts and be left alone. I'm not a bad looking woman - I scrub up well - yet, I don't get hassled by men in bars. Granted, there have been the odd occasions someone has started talking to me, but for the most part I've never had any problems of this nature.

I wonder is it the choice of pub, or do I subconsciously emit a 'leave me alone' energy.

I even go dancing on my own sometimes, and get no hassle. I have met people while out dancing but I've been happy to meet new people on those occasions, so it's not being hassled.

Any ideas why some women don't have the same hassle-free experiences as me?

Advertisement