Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Anyone Sometimes Wish They Were Born A Women Rather Than A Man??

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I find this reason interesting, and am curious to know more about people's experiences in this regard. A few other women have posted something similar.

I've always been able to enjoy a pint in a pub and read the paper or my book, or simply just sit with my thoughts and be left alone. I'm not a bad looking woman - I scrub up well - yet, I don't get hassled by men in bars. Granted, there have been the odd occasions someone has started talking to me, but for the most part I've never had any problems of this nature.

I wonder is it the choice of pub, or do I subconsciously emit a 'leave me alone' energy.

I even go dancing on my own sometimes, and get no hassle. I have met people while out dancing but I've been happy to meet new people on those occasions, so it's not being hassled.

Any ideas why some women don't have the same hassle-free experiences as me?

Would it be the dungarees?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Would it be the dungarees?

No. I'm not a dungaree-wearing scary dyke (if that's what you're insinuating).

I'm petite, feminine, attractive enough, and friendly.

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

4.Less bitchiness as there is with woman

STOP. just stop.

Do you think men are ever going to respect us and stop calling us bitches if we keep calling ourselves bitches? Do you?
    Seriously?
    You are just perpetrating the problem. You say yourself its a man's world, well your not making it any easier. The first step is self-respect. Respect for your gender. Get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I'm petite, feminine, attractive enough, and friendly.

How you doin? Are you single? :cool:

STOP. just stop.

Do you think men are ever going to respect us and stop calling us bitches if we keep calling ourselves bitches? Do you?
    Seriously?
    You are just perpetrating the problem. You say yourself its a man's world, well your not making it any easier. The first step is self-respect. Respect for your gender. Get some.

That winds me up as well. Or when a woman says "stop being so dramatic you aren't a woman ha ha"
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    How you doin? Are you single? :cool:

Yes I am.

Well, kinda, sort of, but not exactly.

Yes I am.

Well, kinda, sort of, but not exactly.

I love a decisive woman. :)

I love a decisive woman. :)

Hehe....it's not indecisiveness that makes me say that, it's to do with there being someone I'm vaguely involved with, but still technically single. Just a bit of fun, not a relationship....:)

Hehe....it's not indecisiveness that makes me say that, it's to do with there being someone I'm vaguely involved with, but still technically single. Just a bit of fun, not a relationship....:)

Ahh I see. A fcuk buddy in other words. ;)

Ahh I see. A fcuk buddy in other words. ;)

I've been trying to figure out if it falls into that description. It probably does but I don't like to call it that myself. I know it doesn't change what it is, but it makes it a bit more exciting for me to view it through the lens of a steamy (Parisian, in my imagination) affair (even though neither of us are attached) instead of plain old **** buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

STOP. just stop.

Seriously?

Quit bitchin.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

I would love to pop into the pub for a drink on my own on my way home from work ,without having to arrange to go with a female friend and sit chatting . Contrary to popular belief not all women want to constantly natter.I would just sit there and read the paper with a nice relaxing drink but if i did men would approach thinking i was up for being chatted up .So i will never do it , would love to though.

I would love to pop into the pub for a drink on my own on my way home from work ,without having to arrange to go with a female friend and sit chatting . Contrary to popular belief not all women want to constantly natter.I would just sit there and read the paper with a nice relaxing drink but if i did men would approach thinking i was up for being chatted up .So i will never do it , would love to though.

How do you know men would approach thinking you were up for being chatted up if you've never done it?

Or have you done it and men approached you every time?

I find it really hard to believe there are no pubs you could go to and be left alone to enjoy your pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah dear, people just take themselves and life far far too seriously. Can't everyone who has some sort of issue with their gender just get over it. Instead of moaning that one or the other has it easier/more difficult- just do something about it and get on with living your life. It's far too short, so make the most of what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

It was only a matter of time before someone brought up the 'you've never experienced the pain of childbirth!' line.

I bet men'd be well able for childbirth. Because we're hard as nails.

I read somewhere, that childbirth is the most painful experience ever, but the reason why women can handle it is because of the natural hormones introduced by their bodies, basically an endorphin and a painkiller, it also helps the mother bond with the child.

In every other sort of pain Colds, blisters, broken limbs, women are as big a wusses as men are. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'd like to be female. I like the femininity my username suggests to others and I'm extremely attracted and intrigued by the female form and to female mannerisms. It's one of my passions. I draw and (attempt to) paint the female form more than anything else and try and capture the beauty individual of a woman. :) I think femininity in itself is beauty and I really appreciate it. I suppose I do have many traits considered to be feminine though.

Advertisement