Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Rights Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

iptba wrote: »
    If there was more empathy and sympathy for people who were falsely accused and how such an accusation could have a major detrimental effect on somebody, society might be more willing to have fairness and punishments where there were clearly malicious accusations.

But I think there is a tendency of some to focus more on the suffering of women than men. (Another example is domestic violence victims)

Reminded me of this. Can't remember if I saw this through here, apologies if it was already posted. There are cases like this yet radical feminists won't even acknowledge that some women lie about rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭iptba

(seems reasonable)
    20 March 2015

Man wins £39k over IVF baby deceit

A woman who conned her former husband into believing he was the father of her IVF baby has been ordered to pay £39,000 in damages at the High Court.

The London businesswoman carried out "six years of deception" on her ex-partner, a judge was told. Neither can be identified for legal reasons,
    continues at: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31981961

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pretty sure we've had this conversation before.:)

There are already surveys done on victims of crime and their reasons for not reporting their crimes to authorities.
    People are making the claim that prosecuting false rape accusations could act as a deterrent.
    If people are contemplating restricting other peoples right to justice, then surely they should have something to backup their claim with.

We've definitely been through this before. I'm off shortly so I don't have time to embark down this road again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

March 20 UK article
    Men held over rape 'should get anonymity,': MPs call for shake-up in laws after high-profile figures were arrested and named before cases were dropped

- MPs have urged a shake-up in the law surrounding men held over rape

- Comes after high-profile figures were arrested and named, but not charged

- Lifelong anonymity granted to all victims who complain of sexual offences

- The Coalition vowed to reintroduce anonymity for rape suspects in 2010

- But the idea was axed after ministers faced huge opposition

By Ian Drury, Home Affairs Correspondent for the Daily Mail
    continues at:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3003448/Men-held-rape-anonymity-MPs-call-shake-laws-high-profile-figures-arrested-named-cases-dropped.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Copied from a thread in AH ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057403524 )
    http://www.independent.ie/style/sex-relationships/dear-rosanna-im-six-months-pregnant-but-im-not-sure-if-my-boyfriend-or-his-best-friend-is-the-father-31094031.html

Q. I’m six months pregnant and I’m not sure that my partner is the father of our child. I had a one night stand with his friend and now timing-wise this child could belong to either man. My boyfriend is so thrilled at the prospect of becoming a father and I want to just go along with that because it’s something that we had planned to do anyway. His pal and I have not said one word to each other since we slept together but I can see how he looks at me since we announced my pregnancy.

He has a wife and two children, so it’s not like he wants any of this to come out, but this is a pretty big secret to have lurking in the background – if there was no chance whatsoever that the pal could be the dad of my baby then I’d try put it behind us, but time wise I can’t lie to myself that this is the case. I think the fact that myself and this other man have not spoken about what happened or the possibility that this child is his is not helping – if we can both agree to chalk it up as a mistake that we will never mention to another soul then maybe I can just plough on with my partner?

A. This pregnancy must have come as a shock timing-wise, but your focus really needs to be on having a healthy and stress-free pregnancy, and delivering a healthy baby.

It’s happened now, you’re bringing a new life into the world and it would be pointless to get caught up in guilt and regret. I do think that you need to speak to your boyfriend’s friend before the baby is born, and to make it clear to him that the baby could be his but if he is willing to forget that the one night stand happened, then you are too. I would imagine that he’s happy to get back to his normal life and not get caught up in another woman’s child, as well as the huge problems it will cause with your boyfriend.

You might consider taking a paternity test on your child, but for now it’s most important to speak to this man and agree on how you both want to proceed. My advice is to focus on your boyfriend as being the father and cut contact with this other man once you have spoken to him.

Pretty reprehensible advice from Rosanna, will be interesting to see what kind of response it generates.
    His rights to an honest relationship and to know whether he is actually the father don't seem to matter a jot in comparison to her "right to take the easy way out".

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Seriously?

I think it’s indicative of how society thinks of men, that only consideration given here is to ensure that female sets about securing her own future and the boyfriend continues to be setup as a chump raising someone else’s child. Pretty despicable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One might argue it was always thus and going waaaay back too. Among the great apes humans are outliers in the reproduction business. For a start women have a hidden fertility cycle and are fertile for near all the year around. They also have swollen breasts which other apes only have when breastfeeding and infertile. No page three in Chimp world, it would put them off. Men have the biggest willies among the great apes and testes that are larger than gorillas, but smaller than chimps. Chimps are very promiscuous so they evolved larger testes to increase the individuals chances of impregnation. Gorillas run a harem so have less of a worry there, so their testes are tiny. Humans are in the middle range which would suggest some level of biological suspicion in the minds of men. For good reason too. Humans have a very long childhood phase where they need much more help and attention than other great ape kids, so it's a very big investment from both parents, but the woman always knows its her baby, before DNA testing the father was never entirely sure. So from a passing on your genes imperative being as sure as possible was to be welcomed, or the man could waste resources on raising kids that weren't his own.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Seriously? wrote: »
    I think it’s indicative of how society thinks of men, that only consideration given here is to ensure that female sets about securing her own future and the boyfriend continues to be setup as a chump raising someone else’s child. Pretty despicable.

"Man is for woman a means: the purpose is always the child"

This March 27 article explores vigilante justice with regard to sexual assault allegations involving a presumption of guilt.
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/03/27/teamharpy-another-ugly-story-of-progressive-vigilantism/

• Advertisement

Here's a recent false rape allegation that led to a 14-month sentence:
    'Devious' care-worker who claimed ex lover raped her caught out - after he filmed their one night stand

23 February 2015
    By Eugene Henderson

Spurned single mum Pauline Muir even contacted her lover's 16-year-old son via Facebook to tell him of the false allegation
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devious-care-worker-who-claimed-ex-5214594
    Certainly hasn't changed my mind that where there is a clear cut case of false allegation, the false accuser should be charged.

(March 23 article)
    Is it time Britain had a Minister for Men?

From boys underperforming at school to spiralling male suicide figures, from the overwhelmingly male prison population to the Family Law courts, why is no one in politics speaking up for men, asks Tim Samuels
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11482506/Is-it-time-Britain-had-a-Minister-for-Men.html

An Irish debate on this would be different. There is more justification to have a Minister for Men when there is a Minister for Women as there is in the UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

(March 23 article)

An Irish debate on this would be different. There is more justification to have a Minister for Men when there is a Minister for Women as there is in the UK.

I would prefer if our Ministers for equality would actually work on equality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Did I hear something the radio this morning about how women are not taken seriously when it comes to domestic violence?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

py2006 wrote: »
    Did I hear something the radio this morning about how women are not taken seriously when it comes to domestic violence?????

Probably a discussion around the it opinion piece below
    http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/domestic-violence-cases-are-being-failed-by-the-irish-legal-system-1.2157658

Interesting but as so often very unbalanced in its gender focus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The face of prostitution that Ruhama and their ilk do not want you to see as it goes against their male = predator and woman = victim outlook

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-32165949

Australian sex worker and actress Madison Messina told us, because it "uses the argument of sex trafficking to silence our voice whilst simultaneously silencing the voice of victims who are trafficked too".

• Advertisement

April 2 UK article. I don't know what happened here.
    Why has everyone forgotten about male suffrage?

While the story of female suffrage is taught at school from a young age, few people today know the long and gruesome history of how men won the right to vote, says Neil Lyndon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11509811/Why-has-everyone-forgotten-about-male-suffrage.html

Case from the UK where a 17 year old had sex with a female who was "almost 16" (according to the judge).

Judge seems to have shown some sense, and complains about the prosecution pushing the case.
    The male still went on the sex offenders' register (though only for two weeks. I imagine it could cause problems at some stage to have ever been on the sex offenders' register)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033647/Judge-apologises-teenager-sex-15-year-old-girl-17.html

Judge APOLOGISES to teenager she has to sentence for having sex with
    15-year-old girl when he was 17 and both were drunk

Court hears pair had sex in supermarket car park after 'peace festival'
    Teenager charged with rape but later admitted sexual activity with girl
    Judge says: 'These sort of cases have no place in this kind of court'
    Teenager conditionally discharged and will sign sex offenders' register

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Copied from a thread in AH ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057403524 )
    http://www.independent.ie/style/sex-relationships/dear-rosanna-im-six-months-pregnant-but-im-not-sure-if-my-boyfriend-or-his-best-friend-is-the-father-31094031.html

Pretty reprehensible advice from Rosanna, will be interesting to see what kind of response it generates.
    His rights to an honest relationship and to know whether he is actually the father don't seem to matter a jot in comparison to her "right to take the easy way out".

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057403524/66/#post95095042

Thread is locked now, not sure why. Might be an interesting poll for opinions on paternity tests for this forum.

On the situation in the UK. I don't follow politics that closely these days but don't get the impression it is any different here.
    Is anyone sticking up for men's interests in this election?

The manifestos of all major parties teem with blandishments to women, yet none of them has a word to say about the glaring disadvantages of boys and men, argues Neil Lyndon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11566106/Is-anyone-sticking-up-for-mens-interests-in-this-election.html
    Nor are men likely to find a sympathetic ear in a Labour Party whose manifesto includes a 15-page section on Women in which men, throughout, are portrayed as the enemies of equality and a menace to women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The noise being made over here by certain parties would most certainly not appear to be any different iptba, but - and there is a but ...

This upcoming UK election has been a particularly bitter & nasty affair with the parties basing platforms on simply attacking the other guy rather than selling themselves, and/or promising the earth, moon, & stars to voters. My partner & I have routinely been getting fliers in the post by various parties where almost all of them without fail are based around rubbishing another party, i.e. "don't vote for Labour, they're monsters", etc. All this talk of women's support being one of the more noticeable election talking points though. From a purely cynical point of view, women make up just over half of the voting electorate iirc the numbers trotted about so are the biggest single "block" of voters to appeal to.

So, with all that in mind, much of what is being promised I would take with an even larger dollop of salt than usual for election promises. When you have absolute sh*te like the SNP (well, the SNP being sh1te is another matter) coming out with promises of "guaruanteeing" jobs for every 18-24 year old woman in Scotland, it's a fairly tangible indicator that it's all talk and no trouser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

To elaborate on what Lemming has said, I've read that women in their twenties are the demographic least likely to vote and so represent a significant pool of potential voters hence quotas and a certain pink van. This election is turning quite ugly with only the Greens seeming to attempt to sell themselves without putting in too much effort into slandering the others. Maybe they know they have no chance...

What's this about guaranteed jobs for women, Lemming?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

What's this about guaranteed jobs for women, Lemming?

Was on the BBC as an article earlier this week going over talking points and had several by the SNP all based around what the SNP would do for women. I'll see if I can't dig it back up.

Edit:
    From this article, 22nd April 2015: Election 2015: Parties focus on health and women

Upon re-reading the article it's a bit unclear but it may have been Labour that came up with the 'guaruantee' pledge, and not the SNP but the general thrust of my point regards the current election promises still stands.
    The women's manifesto also includes:
    • Guaranteeing a paid job for every 18 to 24-year old woman out of work for more than a year.
    • Using devolved powers to introduce a 50% quota for women on public boards.
    • Forcing companies with more than 250 employees to report their pay gap.

Lemming wrote: »
    Was on the BBC as an article earlier this week going over talking points and had several by the SNP all based around what the SNP would do for women. I'll see if I can't dig it back up.

Edit:
    From this article, 22nd April 2015: Election 2015: Parties focus on health and women

Upon re-reading the article it's a bit unclear but it may have been Labour that came up with the 'guaruantee' pledge, and not the SNP but the general thrust of my point regards the current election promises still stands.
    Wow.

It was the Scottish Labour Party:
    http://www.scottishlabour.org.uk/manifesto/women
    Our manifesto for women contains commitments to:

[..]

We will guarantee a paid job for every 18-24 year old woman out of work for more than a year.

Labour have that policy for young people in general according to Ed Miliband earlier this week. Is there a pay gap in the UK or is it just the average income between men and women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Labour will tax bankers’ bonuses to get our young people back to work by introducing a Scottish Jobs Guarantee for all of Scotland’s young people. It will provide a paid starter job and training for every 18 - 24 year old out of work for over a year.
    http://www.scottishlabour.org.uk/page/-/scottish-labour-manifesto2015.pdf

P30-31

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭grumpynerd

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would prefer if our Ministers for equality would actually work on equality

There is such thing as equality. Its the average man working as revenue slaves for the equality of your betters. Women are merely the funnels by which resources and social standing are redirected elsewhere.

If you complain theyll beat you over the head with feminism or gay rights or immigrants.

Some people are more equal than others.

BBC Bans Men’s Political Party From Talking About Men (Or Even Talking To Them)
    May 6, 2015
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/05/06/bbc-bans-mens-political-party-from-talking-about-men-or-even-talking-to-them/

Extract:
    This hostility and bias against the party from the BBC raised to a whole new level more recently, with an astonishing turn of events in BBC Radio Nottingham’s hustings debates. Firstly, the BBC refused to allow Barry to participate its Broxtowe constituency hustings broadcast, thereby restricting the party to one single hustings debate in Ashfield. This one and only J4MB-featured debate was scheduled for 23 April, and saw Buchanan pitted against shadow Minister for Women and Equalities, Gloria De Piero, who’d been selected by Labour by the sexist all-women shortlists to which J4MB were so verdantly opposed. Several days prior to broadcast, Buchanan discovered the BBC had decided to take the unusual step of theming much of the event around the issue of “why women’s votes could be so important at this election”. Further queries to the BBC concerning the format then revealed it had also imposed an all-female audience for Buchanan’s appearance. In other words, the BBC had not only decided to skew the debate directly away from men and towards women, it had also completely banned men from the only hustings event where there was a party actually wanting to discuss men’s issues.

To put events into context, there are some 648 seats uncontested by J4MB where the BBC could have sought women’s views for a hustings event, yet of all these possible locations, they chose Ashfield for this most unique of formats. Not only had the BBC effectively imposed a nationwide ban on men interacting with their own political party, the rigged theme of the debate effectively served to bar J4MB from discussing any of its policies and the make up of the audience excluded much of J4MB’s core support. To further rub salt into J4MB’s wounds, the BBC even selected a female host, Sarah Julian, for the event. By the look of her Twitter account, Julian is a feminist who refuses to so much as touch touch any newspaper other than the Guardian. Julian’s involvement thus completed the total feminisation of the event and Buchanan was prevented from even interacting with a token male presenter.

(May 6 UK article)
    Estranged father who is banned from seeing his children is prosecuted for truancy after their MOTHER took them on holiday in term time

- Shane Allen, 44, convicted of failing to ensure his children went to school

- Ex partner took their three children on holiday to Scotland during term time

- He had no idea about holiday and was prevented from seeing children

- Attempt to appeal conviction dismissed by judge at Reading Crown Court

By Sam Matthew for MailOnline

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3070398/Estranged-father-banned-seeing-children-prosecuted-mother-took-holiday-term-time.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Colinf1212, don't post in this thread again. Take your wildly off topic stuff elsewhere.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Mike Buchanan is the masculinist(?) equivalent of Una Mullally or Jessica Valenti and is the last person who should be leading any sort of movement, let alone one like men's rights which is likely to be fired upon by many different groups.

On another note, the men's rights movement seems to have found a home at the Telegraph. There's also a Men's Rights UK page on Facebook but I've noticed a fair bit of misogyny there.

• Advertisement

(Wasn't sure which thread to post this to)
    (May 7, 2015)
    Unsupported dads linked to kids' bad behaviour
    The way parents work together is key
    http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=24634

Extract:
    The study found that when a father did not feel supported by his partner, the child was more likely to display negative behavior, such as deliberately breaking toys or acting defiantly.

Millenial woes is a good youtube channel for this sort of thing. I dont like his reactionary standpoint or his 'racerealism' thing though as hes from the uk I can understand it.

Anyway, as ever men have the right to be fungible. If they could find a way to make a trench war believeable they would.

grumpynerd wrote: »
    Millenial woes is a good youtube channel for this sort of thing. I dont like his reactionary standpoint or his 'racerealism' thing though as hes from the uk I can understand it.

Anyway, as ever men have the right to be fungible. If they could find a way to make a trench war believeable they would.

What do you mean by this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Have you heard of Saida Grundy? No? Well you might just hear of her very soon. It seems the incoming assistant professor of sociology and ethnic studies at Boston College doesn't like men, especially white men. Quelle surprise.

Of course Boston College is standing behind her saying she's merely "exercising her right to free speech."

Oh well, that's all right then.

Have you heard of Saida Grundy? No? Well you might just hear of her very soon. It seems the incoming assistant professor of sociology and ethnic studies at Boston College doesn't like men, especially white men. Quelle surprise.

Of course Boston College is standing behind her saying she's merely "exercising her right to free speech."

Oh well, that's all right then.
    Link didn't work. Think it's this one: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/9/saida-grundy-boston-university-professor-white-mal/

What do you mean by this?

It must feel threatening to be a millennial white conservative male in the uk which has managed to pursue almost 50% population replacement since ww2, and yet to be told by your liberal (fascist) that you MUST believe the multiculti dogma.

All races ARE equal, aka equal under the ruling elite.

Im sure itll eventually go the same way over here. Its all social engineering one way or another. Im not making any statements about my own beliefs here, just pointing out unpleasant aspects of being at the bottom of the 'pyramid'

Anyway Millennia Woes political and demographic stuff is very good.

You might like to track back who funds the lefty liberal brainwashing academia programme. In my old uni, Heinz sponsored a lot of 'feminist studies' stuff.

It must feel threatening to be a millennial white conservative male in the uk which has managed to pursue almost 50% population replacement since ww2, and yet to be told by your liberal (fascist) that you MUST believe the multiculti dogma.

All races ARE equal, aka equal under the ruling elite.

Im sure itll eventually go the same way over here. Its all social engineering one way or another. Im not making any statements about my own beliefs here, just pointing out unpleasant aspects of being at the bottom of the 'pyramid'

Anyway Millennia Woes political and demographic stuff is very good.

Why would I feel threatened, not that I'm conservative? And how is pursuing a fairer society facist?

Why would I feel threatened, not that I'm conservative? And how is pursuing a fairer society facist?

Look Im not a teenager anymore I dont wish to be sidelined into either liberal shaming stuff or conversation redirection with the faux-innocent leftie raised eyebrow.

Millenial woes is a great channel if you're interested in the men's rights rabbit hole. I dont like some of his racial stuff, but I can understand why it feels important for him.

I despise the vast majority of humans in a race-blind manner. Misanthropy is ethically very watertight.

• Advertisement

Misanthropy is ethically very watertight.

What?

This just appeared on the Supporting Men group. I've not read much of Paul Elam's writing but this would indicate that he's a very nasty individual.

11265080_766325286821965_2734035220332267426_n.png?oh=0d1306ab46868e6829a2fe4d8ea134a6&oe=55C9F0BD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

That man needs to be gotten rid of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

PucaMama wrote: »
    That man needs to be gotten rid of

Can't be true.

But then again you have those who assume guilt once the word rape is mentioned

Can't be true.

I've seen this quote before its his own words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Can't be true.

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2013/10/18/paul-elam-of-a-voice-for-men-in-his-own-words/

You'll find a link to the comment on that page

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »

That is a litany of naked, terrifying, visceral, hate.

Nothing good comes from a place of such absolute hate.

eviltwin wrote: »

How is that man not in jail yet. Or is/was he?

Might want to read the full unaltered article plus the prelude editorial statement. It's not as straight forward or clean-cut as the hate-filled wehuntedthemammoth site portrays. I'd need more time to parse the original article and look at the US justice system, and I do consider the article to be an extreme reaction to perceived issues with the US justice system regards rape trials, but how whtm.com paints the cited statement is just intellectual dishonesty at its "finest".

Incidentally, I'd put whtm.com up there alongside politics debates where someone cites RT, GlobalResearch/ClearingHouse, etc. i.e. to be taken with an extreme pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

That whtm link above, contains the quote I highlighted from Elam way back as well:
    In that light, I have ideas about women who spend evenings in bars hustling men for drinks, playing on their sexual desires so they can get **** faced on the beta dole; paying their bar tab with the pussy pass. And the women who drink and make out, doing everything short of sex with men all evening, and then go to his apartment at 2:00 a.m.. Sometimes both of these women end up being the “victims” of rape.

But are these women asking to get raped?

In the most severe and emphatic terms possible the answer is NO, THEY ARE NOT ASKING TO GET RAPED.

They are freaking begging for it.

Damn near demanding it.

And all the outraged PC demands to get huffy and point out how nothing justifies or excuses rape won’t change the fact that there are a lot of women who get pummeled and pumped because they are stupid (and often arrogant) enough to walk though life with the equivalent of a I’M A STUPID, CONNIVING BITCH – PLEASE RAPE ME neon sign glowing above their empty little narcissistic heads.

In my opinion their “plight” from being raped should draw about as much sympathy as a man who loses a wallet full of cash after leaving it laying around a bus station unattended.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201111031...ology-of-rape/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93212641&postcount=3

A more detailed breakdown here - it shouldn't need any more explaining, but here you are anyway:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93225059&postcount=8

This is the guy who runs 'A Voice For Men', which is the largest and most influential men's rights site (see wiki link) - so this is the kind of extremist/misogynist you get, playing a big part in leading the MRA movement.
    Lemming wrote: »
    Incidentally, I'd put whtm.com up there alongside politics debates where someone cites RT, GlobalResearch/ClearingHouse, etc. i.e. to be taken with an extreme pinch of salt.
    Well, 'whtm' has provided pretty comprehensive quotes in their takedown of Paul Elam - and since they are directly quoting the guy, it's pretty much impossible to find fault with it - so it's only fair that if panning whtm, discreditable quotes/posts of theirs are shown too, otherwise there's nothing to show anything wrong with the site.

Seems like a bit of a nasty character alright but it should be understood that Americans love the extremist. Most of the outlandish nonsense from any rights movement comes from within its borders and has little relevancy over here as this sort of media play does not sit well here. One who supports equality for men (or anyone else) is not obliged to stand over all of the nonsense posted on the Internet just like most feminist would not support the more radical nonsense that is regularly posted about.
    Mr Elam actually raises am interesting juxtaposition (if that is the right word) in that his comments would not be acceptable in the media here however it is not unusual to have equally as disgusting comments levelled at men to be published in reputable publications.
    Hence the need this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement