Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Rights Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I would respectfully disagree with that one, I have no doubt how attractive a man thinks he will be to women does/can dictate what a man does, especially when it comes to what they earn....when it comes to the extreme's where a person defines their life on what they do or achieve very often sacrifice all the things that normal life brings....creative talent or the pursuit of excellence is torture more often than not...it is testament to human endeavor that drives a person, man or woman, to succeed in the extreme!

As for men being sex obsessed I think men (that are sex obsessed) grow out of that phase in their early twenties...I can only speak for myself, but when I'm in the company of other males and more often than not that is where I find myself...we never talk about sex or women!

Well thats why i said some and not all, i was mainly countering the point of absolutes because nobody can say for sure what one group of people will do based on something as simple as sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭iptba

I remember when the myth that men think about sex every 7 seconds was effectively debunked with this study:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/thinking-about-sex/
    A study done through Ohio State University (OSU) for the January 2012 issue of the Journal of Sex Research revealed that the median value for the number of times men thought about sex was 19 times a day (as compared to 10 times a day for women). To collect the data, 120 male and 163 female unmarried heterosexual OSU students between the ages of 18 and 25 were armed for a week with golf tally counters and instructed to click them each time sex crossed their minds. (Other students tracked how many times they thought about eating and sleeping.) Among the individual men in the study, there was a range of between one and 388 thoughts of sex a day, while with women it was between one and 140.

I was amazed it ever got any traction.

Also, these are younger men, so men who are older may think about sex less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

iptba wrote: »
    I remember when the myth that men think about sex every 7 seconds was effectively debunked with this study:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/thinking-about-sex/

I was amazed it ever got any traction.

The amount of ridiculous narratives regarding men that have gotten way too much traction is off the charts these days...I'd be inclined to advise young men to keep away from media these days...and feminists....if they are not trying to convince you that you are complicit in a rape culture, you are somehow toxic by virtue of your gender...obnoxious stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Calhoun wrote: »
    Well anyone who thinks this is probably a big sexist. The great works of men are evidence that this is not the case but there are probably some who did these great works because it made them more attractive to the opposite sex.

It also doesn't mean all the great works have been men, women have delivered some very important stuff to the world.

Eh, I was being petty and meant mostly all. You don't need to regulate the evil man, Calhoun :P

Tbh, I want to write a novel for myself not so that I'll get laid. I used to believe that when I was younger, but I don't believe men are doing everything to get laid.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'm not a sexist and that's a pretty big accusation imo.

Eh, I was being petty and meant mostly all. You don't need to regulate the evil man, Calhoun :P

Tbh, I want to write a novel for myself not so that I'll get laid. I used to believe that when I was younger, but I don't believe men are doing everything to get laid.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'm not a sexist and that's a pretty big accusation imo.

Not at all i don't personally care what you do, but when it comes to men's rights i try to focus on equality, although i am bad at it at times and just react. Would hate to be so hard line and non self-aware like some militant parts of other sexes.

I never said you were sexist either, i was referring to anyone who thinks that all men are only motivated by sex are sexist. The only part if your statement that was possibly sexist would have been that all the great works are by men.

Well, I find as I get older, that I spend more time thinking about the emotional aspects of intimacy rather than the physical. I've been single and dating most of my adult life, so I've had a wider variety of experiences than many others. At least in conversations, this shows up a lot. In any case, I still think about sex a few times a day, but I also think about romance. My 20s I was always thinking about sex, my 30s was when it started declining, and now in my 40s, it's an occasional thing.

Still... I think different people (m/f) have different sexual drives. I would consider my own sexual drive to be lower than many of my friends. ;)

I'm on my third published book, and none of them were to get laid. They were for my own sense of achievement.

Women want to believe that they're the center of the universe for males. That sex is their overwhelming trump card to influence us. Honestly, I don't think it is except for young males, and a minority of older guys, but stereotypes must be promoted.

Not at all i don't personally care what you do, but when it comes to men's rights i try to focus on equality, although i am bad at it at times and just react. Would hate to be so hard line and non self-aware like some militant parts of other sexes.

I never said you were sexist either, i was referring to anyone who thinks that all men are only motivated by sex are sexist. The only part if your statement that was possibly sexist would have been that all the great works are by men.

Ah, I see what you mean, and I can see how my comment was a little bit sexist in some ways. The next paragraph is more of a continuation of the paragraph tha na reply just to let you know.

There are cultural reasons why men are remembered more and why the achievements of men have had more of an effect, but it doesn't devalue what men have accomplished. We have built roads, the internet, a lot of modern medicine, the buildings around you and the food that is delivered. I am not in anyway saying that women are lesser or have accomplished less, but I am highlighting what men have accomplished.

Men are not animals and we are not fragile masculine creatures that need help. Men are people who have an extremely vital part in the society and society would be worse off if the men dissapeared, which is absurd that some people (not you calhoun) have to be told that.

The amount of ridiculous narratives regarding men that have gotten way too much traction is off the charts these days...I'd be inclined to advise young men to keep away from media these days...and feminists....if they are not trying to convince you that you are complicit in a rape culture, you are somehow toxic by virtue of your gender...obnoxious stuff!!!

You should keep an eye out for how often arousal and punishment feature in a lot of hollywood films. You can see it in the new Harley Quinn film where the character is stripping and then breaks the mans legs, and, imo, its a sign of a bad view of men. Kind of like wearing revealing clothes and then glaring at a man :P

Ah, I see what you mean, and I can see how my comment was a little bit sexist in some ways. The next paragraph is more of a continuation of the paragraph tha na reply just to let you know.

There are cultural reasons why men are remembered more and why the achievements of men have had more of an effect, but it doesn't devalue what men have accomplished. We have built roads, the internet, a lot of modern medicine, the buildings around you and the food that is delivered. I am not in anyway saying that women are lesser or have accomplished less, but I am highlighting what men have accomplished.

Men are not animals and we are not fragile masculine creatures that need help. Men are people who have an extremely vital part in the society and society would be worse off if the men dissapeared, which is absurd that some people (not you calhoun) have to be told that.

Indeed we seem to have lost our way in the mainstream internet age, you only have to look across the border. It not the only issue but one of the reasons why the likes of the Tories are doing so well even though they have basically fed the English people a **** sandwich for the past 10 years is that they are attacking men or the history of men in the same way that labour and the left are.

The fact is in the UK much like the rest of the modern world we live in is built upon the bones of men.

If i was a citizen i would be very reluctant to vote in the current labor government also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Indeed we seem to have lost our way in the mainstream internet age, you only have to look across the border. It not the only issue but one of the reasons why the likes of the Tories are doing so well even though they have basically fed the English people a **** sandwich for the past 10 years is that they are attacking men or the history of men in the same way that labour and the left are.

The fact is in the UK much like the rest of the modern world we live in is built upon the bones of men.

If i was a citizen i would be very reluctant to vote in the current labor government also.

This is so freaking relevant in what is going on in terms of politics, with the legitimization and support of the far right - not just BoJo's election, it started with Trump - plus the Lega Nord in Italy and countless other examples around the world, I'm sure.

Never before a specific breed of "group thinking" had more resonance, arrogance and power than today with the Internet and Social Media. You can't go a single day without being told how you've got it "easy", how [insert group here] are "discriminated" because of YOU, how what you love is BAD, a rich Swedish child telling you shouldn't fly home to spend Christmas with your family which you didn't see for 12 months and nice amenities like these.

Any argument, no matter how relevant and/or researched, is shouted down by a mob. They cry all sorts of "-ism" they can, but then they do the same with no repercussions. The latest trend is now badly hidden "ageism", with the quite childish "OK boomer." reply used to silence anybody over the age of 40 who dares say anything the Internet mob doesn't agree with. Not to mention the Twitter courts of "justice". It's the most glaring form of bullying of the modern age, but nobody really notices.

What happens then? It happens that people retaliate the only way they can't be shut down from doing - vote. The more extremist, racist, homophobic, sexist, idiotic the position, the better. A case of cutting off the nose to spite the face? Absolutely, but that's what utter frustration leads to. And everyone loses - I'll be curious to see how the "poor areas" of Northern England will fare, when they realize any money coming their side was from development projects financed by the EU, for one.

Yeah, I decided I would vote for trump if I was american. I honestly feel like the hatred for men is more damaging than anything one president (who may even be an asset) can do.

Also, anybody remember when it was said only female politicians had their appearance critiqued? :P

Alimony rules about the change in the Netherlands
    As of January 1, 2020, there will be a new law which will determine the new maximum period a person has to pay alimony for after a divorce. The new law will be applicable to all new divorce procedures, initiated January 1, 2020, or later. At the moment, the maximum period is 12 years after registration of the divorce decree. The new law states that, in principle, the maximum period will now be 5 years and will equal 50% of the duration of the marriage.

For example, if you were married for 6 years, the maximum spousal maintenance period will be 3 years after divorce registration.

https://www.iamexpat.nl/expat-info/dutch-expat-news/alimony-netherlands-what-will-change-2020

Here's the latest batch of gender-related hashtags I have noticed trending for anyone interested (I know some are not)
    (Aside: I'm not on Twitter 24/7 of course and don't look back at lists for when I wasn't on)

#InternationalMensDay
    #Movember

#CantSeeCantBe

#Femicide2019

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/20x20_ie/status/1197122418441015297?s=11

#16Days
    16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children takes place 25 Nov (Int Day of No Violence against Women) to the 10 Dec (Int Human Rights Day)

#WiTAwards
    Women in IT Awards Series
    @womeninitawards
    The world's largest tech gender diversity events: #WITAwards and #WITSummit
    - Ireland
    - Silicon Valley
    - London
    - Asia
    - New York
    - Canada

#16Days
    16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children takes place 25 Nov (Int Day of No Violence against Women) to the 10 Dec (Int Human Rights Day)

Twitter ad:
    https://twitter.com/travelportland/status/1193745972880384002?s=20

Ciara O'Connor: 'There isn't enough time to point out the desperate logic of successful old white men threatened by modernity'

https://www.independent.ie/style/voices/ciara-oconnor-there-isnt-enough-time-to-point-out-the-desperate-logic-of-successful-old-white-men-threatened-by-modernity-38786022.html

This headline is all about a column which just discusses one old white man. And all he is discussing is movies where there isn't any necessarily right or wrong answer.

Hard to see this would seen as an acceptable way to characterise many if not most or all other groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

https://www.independent.ie/style/voices/ciara-oconnor-there-isnt-enough-time-to-point-out-the-desperate-logic-of-successful-old-white-men-threatened-by-modernity-38786022.html

This headline is all about a column which just discusses one old white man. And all he is discussing is movies where there isn't any necessarily right or wrong answer.

Hard to see this would seen as an acceptable way to characterise many if not most or all other groups.

You know what? I'm sick and tired of this - and I'm not even 40, so much more "Millennial" than "old white man". I had written a long and elaborate response, but I can't be bothered. I'm just gonna say this: every generation makes mistakes which are felt decades down the line.

We won't be the exception - from "Anti-Vaxxers" to knee-jerk reactions based on the screams of a crying teenager, from society being reduced to a mirror of social media to "selective acceptable discrimination", these are only some of the disasters future generations will inherit from us. We have no right to belittle those who came before us and literally built this world out of the rubble of WWII, physically AND socially; In comparison, our biggest achievements look like a toddler managing not to pee their pants.

Also, remember, what goes around comes around; If the trajectory of "ideological prevarication" keeps on this path, we can pretty much expect to be persecuted and executed publicly by the time we're 60 years old by the "neo roarers" or something like that (basically, those born after 2020). Dystopian Sci-Fi? I hope so.

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    You know what? I'm sick and tired of this - and I'm not even 40, so much more "Millennial" than "old white man". I had written a long and elaborate response, but I can't be bothered. I'm just gonna say this: every generation makes mistakes which are felt decades down the line.

We won't be the exception - from "Anti-Vaxxers" to knee-jerk reactions based on the screams of a crying teenager, from society being reduced to a mirror of social media to "selective acceptable discrimination", these are only some of the disasters future generations will inherit from us. We have no right to belittle those who came before us and literally built this world out of the rubble of WWII, physically AND socially; In comparison, our biggest achievements look like a toddler managing not to pee their pants.

Also, remember, what goes around comes around; If the trajectory of "ideological prevarication" keeps on this path, we can pretty much expect to be persecuted and executed publicly by the time we're 60 years old by the "neo roarers" or something like that (basically, those born after 2020). Dystopian Sci-Fi? I hope so.

Our generation are the ones who have seen Trump and Johnson being voted into office. Not because they were great politicians or they pulled the wool over peoples eyes but because we let a small elite who weaponized the internet to have a bigger voice than 90% of the population.

They failed to then realize attacking people and sowing discourse does not get you votes but further alienates.

A separated father of three with joint custody and access rights has won a significant Supreme Court appeal over Dublin City Council’s categorisation of him on its housing list as a one-person household.

The council must now reconsider the man’s application in line with the court’s findings, including the council is not entitled to operate a “blanket” policy towards such persons but must assess their individual circumstances.

The five judge court’s unanimous ruling has implications for more than 800 separated persons in similar situations on the council’s housing list who were treated as single person households, meaning a lower Housing Assistant Payment (HAP), after their former partner was categorised as a larger household with a larger HAP.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/supreme-court/separated-father-wins-supreme-court-appeal-on-housing-support-1.4120483

1. Greta Thunberg

The opener “Nothing against Greta – I’m a great man for the recycling and the paper cups myself – I’m just worried about her. She’s being manipulated. You can see it in her eyes. She’d rather be at home lying on her bed and staring morosely at a screen like any normal teenager.”

The comeback “Actually, I think what you’re seeing in her eyes is contempt for the middle-aged men faking concern for her wellbeing instead of taking action on the climate crisis. Funny how nobody ever seems to worry about David Attenborough being a puppet of the Russians or a stooge of Soros.”

Fight factor 8/10. Few things are as triggering to a certain type of middle-aged man as the mere mention of Greta Thunberg. If your family has its own Jeremy Clarkson we suggest you wade right in.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/this-year-s-top-10-christmas-conversation-killers-1.4099427

Wonder is there much evidence for the bit in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 logseman

Wonder is there much evidence for the bit in bold.

Someone is taking time of his day to go to an Irish online board and quote a rag in order to say "Wonder if there is much evidence" to a selected bit that has been even bolded. More stoic spirits wouldn't / don't.

logseman wrote: »
    Someone is taking time of his day to go to an Irish online board and quote a rag in order to say "Wonder if there is much evidence" to a selected bit that has been even bolded. More stoic spirits wouldn't / don't.
    Yes, one of the things I do on this thread is highlight some criticisms of men in the national media; it doesn't take much time for me to copy and paste bits as I'm reading online at my desktop anyway.

And the Irish Times is considered the paper of record.

Somebody shared similar concerns to mine in a comment underneath the article:
    When did it become ok to generalise about a group of people and lash them all en masse for a stereotype? Was that not stopped years ago? Why do white middle aged men have to accept this kind of treatment when nobody would dare spit generalisations and stereotypes at any other grouping of people? Not all white middle aged men conform to the cheap tabloid stereotype vomited out here and I think it is reasonable and even necessary to object to it. IT should demand better for its content.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/this-year-s-top-10-christmas-conversation-killers-1.4099427?__vfz=medium%3Dcomment_share_email#vf-1731700019655

• Advertisement

Actually, in the age of constant hysteria...if the last few years have taught us anything, it is that middle aged white men are the least likely to buy into that hysteria!!

What I find funny is it's always the holier than dou preacher who apparently accepts all people and wants to end racism and the like that stereotypes.

They fail to understand that hate begets hate, and unless they embrace tolerance then don't expect the world to change.

I am ok with that as it's human nature I just find it hilarious.

And the Irish Times is considered the paper of record.

:D:D

Not any more its not. Its almost an activist paper now. Very very entrenched in the liberal agenda.

F##k all Liberal about a lot of these agendas....no liberal agenda would use the toxic terminology we are seeing as the norm today!

Thats just it isn't it, its a harder line agenda masquerading as middle of the ground.

Traditional media is going through its deaththrows, the IT is no exception and they have steadily picked up more and more click baitey type of journalists.

I still put more stock in some of their serious articles and i dont overly avoid it but i just don't take it for gospel like people would in days gone by.

Thats just it isn't it, its a harder line agenda masquerading as middle of the ground.

Traditional media is going through its deaththrows, the IT is no exception and they have steadily picked up more and more click baitey type of journalists.

I still put more stock in some of their serious articles and i dont overly avoid it but i just don't take it for gospel like people would in days gone by.

People do not seem to realise that feminism is hard left ideology...embracing it makes no commercial sense in the long run!!

People do not seem to realise that feminism is hard left ideology...embracing it makes no commercial sense in the long run!!

We have seen quite a number of examples recently where the counter culture is actually moving heavily toward the right. Its kinda blown up in their face.

We have seen quite a number of examples recently where the counter culture is actually moving heavily toward the right. Its kinda blown up in their face.

I mentioned before that I believe we are witnessing peak feminism, we are also witnessing peak woke culture in media and culture...on this island we tend to be behind the rest of the world in these matters, our media are further behind again...Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are not leaders, they are opportunists, they recognise this very clear shift in the electorate, the Democrats and Labour are completely clueless and will not see power for at least a decade in the US or the UK.

You know when we are teaching kids, who also believe in Santa, that there are 92 genders the liberal/left agenda has gone too far!!

Media that have take the feminist/sjw Editorial direction will soon find out that it will be the final nail in their coffins!

I mentioned before that I believe we are witnessing peak feminism,

We are seeing an evolution of feminism. Just as we had the 1st wave, 2nd wave, etc. Feminism isn't going to disappear. It's pushed the boundaries and found out how far they can push things. There will be some push back (eventually), but you're fooling yourself if you think they're going to lose most of what they've gained.

There are feminists established at every level of authority from business to the government. They're not going to lose their jobs, and so have a platform to continue pushing their agendas. Some will be discredited, some displaced, but those with an ounce of sense will be able to continue shaping society the way they please. Just look at every level of education, women make up the majority of teachers, and while not every woman is a feminist, there's still enough who will be around to shape future generations.

Why do some women feel a ‘murderous rage’ at Christmas?
    ‘Women can get very stressed over Christmas . . . believing the fun is in their hands’

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/why-do-some-women-feel-a-murderous-rage-at-christmas-1.3322999

Quite a bit of this is about complaining men are not doing that much. Though it's not as bad as some articles as it least it mentions a big issue is that women can have high standards for what they want with regard to Christmas and that, in some cases they might be aiming too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/parenting/why-do-some-women-feel-a-murderous-rage-at-christmas-1.3322999

Quite a bit of this is about complaining men are not doing that much. Though it's not as bad as some articles as it least it mentions a big issue is that women can have high standards for what they want with regard to Christmas and that, in some cases they might be aiming too high.

Sickening. Rhetorical question obviously, but if the genders were reversed, can you imagine the Times printing the following:

I’ve found a group of friends with kids who are of a similar age – their wives are useless at Christmas! There are four of us and we pick an evening to go to dinner and do some shopping and go to the panto without wives or children".....the group attended an "adult panto" in a pub this year......
    ......."women are clueless when it comes to Christmas and they don’t understand...... buying the turkey."........
    ......."Christmas is a big burden for men, far more so than for women".......
    ........"“It always seems to be the men who take responsibility for these big occasions. I think it’s ingrained into society’s mind-set and into men’s mind-set,”........

Sickening. Rhetorical question obviously, but if the genders were reversed, can you imagine the Times printing the following:

I’ve found a group of friends with kids who are of a similar age – their wives are useless at Christmas! There are four of us and we pick an evening to go to dinner and do some shopping and go to the panto without wives or children".....the group attended an "adult panto" in a pub this year......
    ......."women are clueless when it comes to Christmas and they don’t understand...... buying the turkey."........
    ......."Christmas is a big burden for men, far more so than for women".......
    ........"“It always seems to be the men who take responsibility for these big occasions. I think it’s ingrained into society’s mind-set and into men’s mind-set,”........

Yeah, I always wonder what percentage the husband pays of the bills in those families :P

Tbh, this is just the same 'ball and chain' bonding thing that men do (until recently) that women also do. You know, complaining about men to your female friends.

I think that's why it's not a good idea to change your behaviour because of female complaints as there will always be more :P

Actually, in the age of constant hysteria...if the last few years have taught us anything, it is that middle aged white men are the least likely to buy into that hysteria!!

But when they do, they go to places like Las Vegas and shoot at hundreds of people. There are ways and ways to be “hysterical”, and it may not be a stretch to prefer the tumblr rant without dozens of corpses behind.

But when they do, they go to places like Las Vegas and shoot at hundreds of people. There are ways and ways to be “hysterical”, and it may not be a stretch to prefer the tumblr rant without dozens of corpses behind.

Jesus where did that come from!!! Being a deranged murderer and someone who is getting sucked into hysteria are two different worlds apart...it is nuts that you would conflate the two!!!

Jesus where did that come from!!! Being a deranged murderer and someone who is getting sucked into hysteria are two different worlds apart...it is nuts that you would conflate the two!!!

Men are wild animals. When they get out of control they bite and attack women/ordered society :rolleyes:

Another article along similar lines, this time in the Irish Independent:

Lorraine Courtney: 'Us women can be our own worst enemies - we have to stop setting such a bad example'

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/lorraine-courtney-us-women-can-be-our-own-worst-enemies-we-have-to-stop-setting-such-a-bad-example-38813036.html

Again, there is some balance with some talk that the pressure can be coming from women themselves and other women.

It also makes points about the rest of the year, but doesn't point out that men do more hours of paid employment and have longer commutes on average.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

But the masses will follow a certain side. They follow the same type of people, pro left/right. They don't care what's the truth once the news conforms to thier view's.

Its like people supporting a soccer team, all they want is positive stories and results. If the other side have a positive story/ result it means where losing.

There was nothing "deranged" about that murderer, just like there was nothing deranged about the cornucopia of (mostly) younger ones who leave long-winded notes/videos declaring why they ended up shooting whatever university campusd/mosque/gathering of women they did. I tend to take those fellows at their own words, rather than attaching the malady of the day ("derangement/"estrangement"/"mental issues"). There is a belief among them that a war is being fought, and they are armed to the teeth to prepare for it.

I still prefer other ways of looking at reality which may look a bit more ineffectual but don't take human tolls that start to rival The Troubles. Alas, it's not about what I prefer, but about what is fostered, nurtured, glorified and emulated.

There was nothing "deranged" about that murderer, just like there was nothing deranged about the cornucopia of (mostly) younger ones who leave long-winded notes/videos declaring why they ended up shooting whatever university campusd/mosque/gathering of women they did. I tend to take those fellows at their own words, rather than attaching the malady of the day ("derangement/"estrangement"/"mental issues"). There is a belief among them that a war is being fought, and they are armed to the teeth to prepare for it.

I still prefer other ways of looking at reality which may look a bit more ineffectual but don't take human tolls that start to rival The Troubles. Alas, it's not about what I prefer, but about what is fostered, nurtured, glorified and emulated.

That makes no sense whatsoever...sounds good tho...a lot of impressive words, but empty of meaning.

Mass Shootings have been occurring in The States since the 60s...it has nothing to do with the culture of hysteria we are witnessing today....you'd want to have a twisted mind to link the two.

• Advertisement

Men are wild animals. When they get out of control they bite and attack women/ordered society :rolleyes:

Your mate over there is all about "deranged" and "twisted minds" and "the USA". None of those words have been typed by yours truly.

Your mate over there is all about "deranged" and "twisted minds" and "the USA". None of those words have been typed by yours truly.

Stop deflecting.

You made the connection between Mass murderers/shooters and modern day hysteria culture.

You have made no reasonable attempt to explain why you make such a link.

This reflects you and your own mindset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Men should have a right to access sex, the physical touch of a woman is a human necessity. We have seen a rise of involuntary celibate killers this decade and it is only going to rise because of the rise of hypergamy.
    Prostitution should be legal, safe and affordable and men with physical or social disabilities should receive prostitution tokens from the government. Having said that I think someone like me couldn't even enjoy sex because of the anxiety involved, realistic sex dolls would be more suitable, there is a sex doll brothel in Finland.

Men should have a right to access sex, the physical touch of a woman is a human necessity. We have seen a rise of involuntary celibate killers this decade and it is only going to rise because of the rise of hypergamy.
    Prostitution should be legal, safe and affordable and men with physical or social disabilities should receive prostitution tokens from the government. Having said that I think someone like me couldn't even enjoy sex because of the anxiety involved, realistic sex dolls would be more suitable, there is a sex doll brothel in Finland.

I am sorry, but that is incredibly wrong. What in the world are you talking about celibate killers for? I can think of one who was a half asain guy primarily motivated by shame towards his own race.

Men aren't dogs that are going to lose control without some kind of 'kennel'/.

Stop deflecting.

You made the connection between Mass murderers/shooters and modern day hysteria culture.

You have made no reasonable attempt to explain why you make such a link.

This reflects you and your own mindset.

My mindset is that there are ways to participate in society. Some are violent, some aren’t. At least two different ways have been observed: killing people and then writing manifestos about perceived slights that have been made to us as men (“My Twisted World” being a salient example) or writing about actual slights that have made to us as men... and then not killing anybody. That I prefer the latter over the former does reflect me and my own mindset, and it is an accusation I am willing to bear.

My mindset is that there are ways to participate in society. Some are violent, some aren’t. At least two different ways have been observed: killing people and then writing manifestos about perceived slights that have been made to us as men (“My Twisted World” being a salient example) or writing about actual slights that have made to us as men... and then not killing anybody. That I prefer the latter over the former does reflect me and my own mindset, and it is an accusation I am willing to bear.

Men can't be put into the two examples that you just gave.

You do realise that school shooting has more to do with bullying and mental helath than the evil men losing control?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So killing people or not killing people are the 2 ways to 'contribute to society' and you advocate the second one?

Thanks

Lay off the eggnog sir!

"The Princess and the Plow Horse" (7 minutes)
    A parable of relations between men and women
    Written version:
    https://www.avoiceformen.com/women/the-plow-horse-and-the-princess/

Men can't be put into the two examples that you just gave.

You do realise that school shooting has more to do with bullying and mental helath than the evil men losing control?

No, I do realise that most acts of killing, the acts of those people included, are made by perfectly mentally healthy people who have a self-imposed mission towards whose fulfillment there is no price too dear. The wholesale dismissal of their actions as some sort of automatic reaction to "being bullied" or a "mental illness" is patronizing and completely inaccurate: the large majority of those people perceive reality exactly like everyone else, and (at least in my personal experience) being bullied doesn't bring one to kill anybody.

Considering that they are mentally healthy, the question is how are they led to those "missions", by which influences, and whether they succeed in their stated goals. The answer to the last one is a resonant yes, given that for each strike we have several copycats of further radicalised people. The answer to the other two is something that is also fairly clear, but I have been told to lay off the eggnog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Can i ask, what do you genuinely think having sex with a woman or sex doll will genuinely do to improve your life / mental health ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement