Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Rights Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭iptba

https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-top-3-biggest-pr-fails-of-2019
    The Top 3 Biggest PR Fails Of 2019

The Best A Man Can Be…?
    We’ll start with an ad campaign that kicked off the year — and promptly ticked off a big percentage of the brand’s target audience through its “toxic” perspective. We’re talking, of course, about Gillette’s infamous “toxic masculinity” campaign that launched in January with this remarkably ill-advised, pedantically “woke” ad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not arguing with you but the daily wire is a source I would treat with a good dose of healthy scepticism. Look at the Kaepernick section for example. My understanding of that situation is completely at odds with what is being written there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/education/green-light-for-first-20-women-only-professor-roles-in-higher-education-38830975.html

Looks like Miss Piggy is finally getting her way with the discriminatory women only roles. Good to remember with the up coming election.

Men should have a right to access sex, the physical touch of a woman is a human necessity. We have seen a rise of involuntary celibate killers this decade and it is only going to rise because of the rise of hypergamy.
    Prostitution should be legal, safe and affordable and men with physical or social disabilities should receive prostitution tokens from the government. Having said that I think someone like me couldn't even enjoy sex because of the anxiety involved, realistic sex dolls would be more suitable, there is a sex doll brothel in Finland.

There is something exceptionally wrong with all of your points there.

Men should never have a RIGHT to access sex. That is bizarre and frankly dangerous attitude to have towards sex.

Prostitution should be legal and safe in my opinion but as regards to tokens and affordability? Not a chance. A woman or man should be able to choose if they wish to trade sex for money, and they should also be able to put a price on what they think it is worth. A price cap or government subsidy towards the price a person puts on their body is a ridiculous idea.

If you want to have sex with a sex doll, by all means go ahead. But never, ever think that you have a RIGHT to sex with someone else.

You don't.

There is something exceptionally wrong with all of your points there.

Men should never have a RIGHT to access sex. That is bizarre and frankly dangerous attitude to have towards sex.

Prostitution should be legal and safe in my opinion but as regards to tokens and affordability? Not a chance. A woman or man should be able to choose if they wish to trade sex for money, and they should also be able to put a price on what they think it is worth. A price cap or government subsidy towards the price a person puts on their body is a ridiculous idea.

If you want to have sex with a sex doll, by all means go ahead. But never, ever think that you have a RIGHT to sex with someone else.

You don't.

I believe the user in particular is on the spectrum, not that it's a excuse but there are other posts around the site where stuff has been lost in translation.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I believe the user in particular is on the spectrum, not that it's a excuse but there are other posts around the site where stuff has been lost in translation.

I have just seen that from some posts on different topics.

This is in no way an attack on the poster. I just think that he should know that some of his thoughts, or perhaps the way he puts forward some thoughts, are inherently incorrect.

I have just seen that from some posts on different topics.

This is in no way an attack on the poster. I just think that he should know that some of his thoughts, or perhaps the way he puts forward some thoughts, are inherently incorrect.

For sure and I did not read it as an attack, I really disagree with what the poster is saying as well, just I have seen them post elsewhere about their diagnosis.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/education/green-light-for-first-20-women-only-professor-roles-in-higher-education-38830975.html

Looks like Miss Piggy is finally getting her way with the discriminatory women only roles. Good to remember with the up coming election.
    I previously set up this thread:
    Rank Irish political parties on their willingness to discriminate against men/similar
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057928264

iptba wrote: »

She is going for broke so close to an election, it is a vain attempt to look like she is doing something. It would be allot more credible if we had a task group setup in the primary/secondary sector or even in the lower level professors/lecturers which i believe women outnumber men.

All it shows is that she is still on the women are victims record, that record doesn't seem to be playing well in other jurisdictions.

Will it save her? who knows but its just another reason not to vote FG.

Will it save her? who knows but its just another reason not to vote FG.
    Unfortunately, I’m not sure which parties there are in Ireland that won’t discriminate against men.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, I’m not sure which parties there are in Ireland that won’t discriminate against men.

True enough, all we can hope is the tide starts turning soon.

I just saw this elsewhere. Note that it is from 2015:
    In the first "empirical study of sexism in faculty hiring using actual faculty members", Cornell University researchers found that when using identical qualifications, but changing the sex of the applicant, "women candidates are favored 2 to 1 over men for tenure-track positions in the science, technology, engineering and math fields."
    National hiring experiments reveal 2:1 faculty preference for women on STEM tenure track
    https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/04/08/1418878112.abstract

As I have mentioned before, it would be good to see more of such empirical studies where things are controlled for, except the gender to see what are the true effects of gender in different scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Women only professor roles???? Surely this is a scandal!!

Could you imagine the shítstorm if it was the other way around?

Of course the best way to try and beat the loony left is to play them at their own game.

Men can still apply for those professor roles so long as they 'identify as women'. Then if they don't get the jobs, scream about trans discrimination :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I just saw this elsewhere. Note that it is from 2015:

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/04/08/1418878112.abstract

As I have mentioned before, it would be good to see more of such empirical studies where things are controlled for, except the gender to see what are the true effects of gender in different scenarios.

Here's why it's necessary.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/education/universities-to-lose-funding-if-more-women-not-promoted-1.3280674%3fmode=amp

Persistent systemic gender bias just needs to be addressed like.

It needs to be addressed by introducing sexist and discriminatory positions ? It would have allot more credibility if it look at all sectors in education / public sector and struck a balance but it does not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

So we now have a Minister for State with responsibility for Education actively damaging our third level sector in the name of gender politics. Lovely.

Anyone who thinks this won't result in the hiring of less qualified candidates and a reduced quality of education for third level students is delusional. The STEM subjects are pretty much the only area of third level where males outnumber females (and often to a huge degree in many engineering / computer related subjects). Add in the effect of men to cluster at the extremes of the bell curve and you'll find the number of the best qualified candidates for these professorships to be very heavily male skewed. This move will, quite literally, result in poorer qualified candidates getting roles on the basis of their gender (and those rare women who are genuinely the best candidates in these fields regardless being seen as token hires and dismissed as such).

This turned up in my Tumblr feed:
    me talking to a man: i know. i know. yeah i know. i know. i’m aware. yes i already know that
    Source: chthonicillness
    78,566 notes
    https://anxious-and-in-pain.tumblr.com/post/190223324861

So over 39,000 people have either liked and/or re-blogged this. Reverse the genders, and it would be seen as sexist and many would complain.

The LinkedIn app gives an update most days, highlighting 2 or 3 items of news. This was the first one today:
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/eu-bank-boosts-women-led-businesses-4750180/
    EU bank boosts women-led businesses
    By Pieter Cranenbroek, Editor at LinkedIn
    Updated 16 hours ago

Women entrepreneurs in Poland are about to get a shot in the arm, thanks to the European Investment Bank. The EU’s lending arm has loaned €500 million to leasing company Europejski Fundusz Leasingowy and €100 million to Bank Pekao on the condition that part of the funding goes to companies owned or led by women. Though Poland has one of the lowest gender pay gaps, women continue to be under-represented in top jobs in business and politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Is this a first in Ireland? " New domestic abuse refuge in Galway will allow mothers to bring their teenage sons with them"

https://www.thejournal.ie/domestic-abuse-refuge-galway-4969215-Jan2020/

while it is to be welcomed, that it is newsworthy serves to highlight the discriminatory nature of the vast majority of services to date.

There is still a lack of services for male victims of domestic violence. All services should provide self contained family units on a needs basis without any bias.

Is there any hope that gender quotas could be implemented or is that only for politicians, boards of management and job recruitment?

Just came across the Fianna Fáil Women’s Network. I doubt there is a similar networks for men. Indeed, I imagine there might be a furore if someone tried to set one up.

Is this a first in Ireland? " New domestic abuse refuge in Galway will allow mothers to bring their teenage sons with them"

https://www.thejournal.ie/domestic-abuse-refuge-galway-4969215-Jan2020/

while it is to be welcomed, that it is newsworthy serves to highlight the discriminatory nature of the vast majority of services to date.

There is still a lack of services for male victims of domestic violence. All services should provide self contained family units on a needs basis without any bias.

Is there any hope that gender quotas could be implemented or is that only for politicians, boards of management and job recruitment?
    If one follows the donation link in the article, one gets a page headed "your donation will help some of the most vulnerable men, women and families in Galway". https://www.copegalway.ie/donate/

So it's not even a charity just for female victims yet the domestic violence services don't cope for victims who are men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Yeah...nothing new under the sun and it really flies in the face of all of the "body positivity" campaigns.

A few months ago I was about to leave the gym when this young fella approached me and asked me...if I knew about any exercises or medications that'd make him taller. He was maybe 16 or 17 years old, maximum and not even that short - probably 170, maybe 175 cm (that would be 5'7" - 5'9" for those stuck in1981 :P).

I'm not a sentimental dude but the sheer angst on his face as he asked was simply heartbreaking; He didn't say anything specifically other than all his friends were "taller than him", but as a guy I could absolutely, without any doubt sense it was all about girls.

Couldn't muster the courage to tell him "nope, it's all genetics, the rest is snake oil!" and advised that he might "still grow" and to talk to his doc and maybe a qualified trainer if he was worried :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Just came across the Fianna Fáil Women’s Network. I doubt there is a similar networks for men. Indeed, I imagine there might be a furore if someone tried to set one up.

The Free masons

The Free masons
    I’m not sure people (particularly those in the public eye) are that open about their membership of the Free masons?

Anyway, by similar network, I meant within the political parties e.g. Fianna Fáil Men’s Network

Edited to add: Actually, that might be good example that a man would often feel the need to hide the membership of such a men-only group so in some ways it makes my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I’m not sure people (particularly those in the public eye) are that open about their membership of the Free masons?

Anyway, by similar network, I meant within the political parties e.g. Fianna Fáil Men’s Network

Edited to add: Actually, that might be good example that a man would often feel the need to hide the membership of such a men-only group so in some ways it makes my point.

The masons are cloaked by design -

other fraternal organisations are not.

It depends what you want from the group

Apart from the Masons;
    The Knights of Columbanus, the AOH or Orange Order up north if you want faith to save the world.
    Portmarnock Golf Club if you want to have a game of golf.
    Mens Shed movement, if you want to learn to craft.
    Quite a few "male voice choirs" if you want to sing.

It depends on what you are looking for

The masons are cloaked by design -

other fraternal organisations are not.

It depends what you want from the group

Apart from the Masons;
    The Knights of Columbanus, the AOH or Orange Order up north if you want faith to save the world.
    Portmarnock Golf Club if you want to have a game of golf.
    Mens Shed movement, if you want to learn to craft.
    Quite a few "male voice choirs" if you want to sing.

It depends on what you are looking for
    Portmarnock golf club is one golf club which I believe is quite expensive to join. It's not going to suit people unless one lives fairly nearby. So it's only an option for quite a small percentage of the male population.

Also, that kind of makes the point in making: there has been huge controversy with regard to the men-only full membership policy they have in contrast to women-only initiatives. The Equality Authority spent a lot of money on legal fees challenging them in the courts and other commentators complained about them.

---
    I know somebody involved in the Knights of St. Columbanus and it seems like it's a religious organisation. He makes trips to the Holy Land to support Christians there and the like.

Sure enough, when I checked the website the description matched my impressions: https://www.knightsofstcolumbanus.ie/about/
    We are an Order of Catholic laymen dedicated to the service of Christ in daily life, in the workplace, the marketplace, in City, Urban and Provincial areas.

We welcome into our ranks Catholic men, in full communion with the Church, who would wish to bring to the service of Christ their talents and skills towards the promotion of Christian values and principles in Society, for the greater Honour and Glory of God the Father.

To all who browse this site we wish the peace and love of Jesus Christ.
    Membership of the Order is open to Catholic males twenty one years and older. Prospective new members are nominated by an existing member to join a particular Primary Council. They must be practising Catholics as defined by the Church. There is provision for Junior membership between the ages of eighteen and twenty one years.

We have four main objectives. These are:

To promote by personal and group action the extension of a practical Christianity in all phases of life.
    To maintain a fraternal society of Catholic Lay leadership.
    To honour the Faith.
    To prepare its members for the Apostolate.

The motto of the Order is: “To restore all things in Christ.” Knights, as with all Catholics, are primarily concerned with their own spiritual formation and salvation. They strive to express this in the first instance in their family circle. This conviction is exemplified in their place of work and public life. They are always mindful that a Christian Social Order in a changing world is not and cannot be static, it must be a dynamic balance of forces requiring constant evaluation corrections and adjustment The aim of the Knights is to maintain our country Christian in outlook, thought and action. To achieve this end we are guided by two principles of action. The first is the law of Charity. The second is the law of Justice.

---
    Yes, there are men's sheds that have set up in recent years just like there are women's groups like the Irish Countrywoman's Association.

However, none of these seems particularly comparable to Fianna Fáil Women’s Network. A network within a particular organisation or field is often much more useful than a network which involves a large mix of people from a range of backgrounds.

So for example, in politics, one might look for support to become a candidate in elections; one might look for people to canvass for you; one might like people to donate to your campaigns; having an existing network could be useful if one wanted to stand as a leader or deputy leader candidate for example or offer support in exchange for favours/influence; such networks make it easier to try to bring about gender-specific campaigns or legislation.

Such networks exist for women but do not appear to exist for men within Irish political parties.

(Like many of my posts, this is more like a post on men's issues, then men's rights)

The findings in the first paragraph were highlighted the daily LinkedIn summary post I get shown:
    In Sweden, women who were elected mayor or parliamentarian were more likely to get divorced than men who won the same elections. The same was true in the corporate world, where women promoted to chief executive were twice as likely to divorce within five years of their promotion as men. (Several U.S. studies have shown that American women downplay their career ambitions on dates and that marriages where the wife’s earnings exceed her husband’s are more likely to end in divorce.)
    When women establish a professional career of their own, particularly one that eclipses that of their husband, their success seems to threaten the implicit contract of the marriage and cause acrimony. Divorce was especially likely when the recently promoted wife was at least four years younger than the husband and when she had taken the great majority of parental leave time. In select interviews, the researchers heard from some men that their newly successful wives “didn’t care about him or the household anymore,” as they put it in an email to me. “The man did not take pride in her promotion but rather thought that she didn’t care about him as much as she used to.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/whos-afraid-of-ambitious-women/604855/

It's probably politically incorrect to point out that if women are looking for their partners/spouses to earn as much if not more than them, this is unlikely to be happening if she becomes CEO, for example.

Men’s groups have felt excluded from the “gender equality” debate, and are “delighted” to have been invited to the Citizens’ Assembly on the issue, according to its chairwoman.

Dr Catherine Day, former secretary general of the European Commission, said men want to be part of the discussion on equality between the sexes, including the pay-gap, care responsibilities, the under-representation of women in politics and poverty among lone-parent families.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/men-delighted-to-be-invited-to-citizens-assembly-on-gender-equality-1.4150491

I wonder which men's groups these are? Are they feminist ones?

The remit for the assembly looks rather narrow:
    The Citizens’ Assembly on gender Equality will meet over six weekends between now and July. It comes on foot of an Oireachtas resolution and Cabinet decision last June, and will consist of 99 citizens, broadly representative of the electorate, plus the chair. They are tasked with considering how to best “advance gender equality”.
    Barriers

The resolution calls on the assembly to bring proposals that will “challenge the remaining barriers and social norms and attitudes that facilitate gender discriminations towards girls and boys, women and men”, “dismantle economic and salary norms that result in gender inequalities...reassess the economic value placed on work traditionally held by women”, and, “ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/men-delighted-to-be-invited-to-citizens-assembly-on-gender-equality-1.4150491

I wonder which men's groups these are? Are they feminist ones?

The remit for the assembly looks rather narrow:

I wonder if there is a balanced gender quota for this assembly to ensure its discussions and report not disproportionately influenced by any one gennder?

• Advertisement

I wonder if there is a balanced gender quota for this assembly to ensure its discussions and report not disproportionately influenced by any one gennder?

The only concern is for male bias. Women can't be biased against males, the same way that Black people can't be racist.

These equality organisations all promote female rights/needs and throw a minor bone towards male rights (as long as it doesn't compromise their own female agenda). Having some males in an assembly doesn't guarantee any degree of equality due to the very real perspective of "ism"/"ist" which tends to encourage males to keep silent. Until those attitudes are addressed, I hold extremely little faith in such organisations.

More female pilots are needed, says Embraer boss
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/more-female-pilots-are-needed-says-embraer-boss-38897454.html
    Mr Slattery, a native of Ennis, Co Clare, said that Embraer is also trying to hire more female engineers.

"We want more and more engineers to be female across the organisation," said the aviation boss.
    Such attitudes could lead to discrimination against men.

Bill Linnane: When mums & teen daughters are at war
    'Fun dad' to the rescue, writes Bill Linnane
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/bill-linnane-when-mums-and-teen-daughters-are-at-war-38891872.html

Highlights different styles of parenting that may possibly be more common in fathers and mothers (and maybe it is good for children to have both in their lives)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/bill-linnane-when-mums-and-teen-daughters-are-at-war-38891872.html

Highlights different styles of parenting that may possibly be more common in fathers and mothers (and maybe it is good for children to have both in their lives)
    As a father of an almost 13 year old girl, I can relate to this.

Myself and her mother haven't been together since she was 8 months old and I'm definitely seen as the "fun" one.

I wouldn't appreciate my parenting style being dismissed as "fun dad" though. I have just always respected my daughter's autonomy and have encouraged her to be a self sufficient as she can be, as soon as she can be.

I also pick my battles, always hear her out, and I try to never sweat the little things. I value our relationship and her trust above all else. I want her to know I'm there for her and would hope to be a positive template for men in her future.

But that's just me. There's no rulebook.

https://twitter.com/clemshevlin40/status/1222310987455508482
    Random tweet, so I'm not sure how many people have similar views.

I can understand people being protective of women in terms of physical arguing.
    But if women want to be treated as equals, it seems it should be fair if men can treat them in debates the same way that they would treat men.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Marcos

You can see exactly how much nasty abuse was thrown at Joan Burton here and make your own mind up. Was it really nasty abuse or just bringing up the ramifications of her actions in government? Does that count as bullying?

TBF like one of the commenters on the article said
    If you’re in a room with a Healy-Rae and you’re the unlikeable one, it’s time to reconsider your life choices.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

A professional martial arts instructor who killed an innocent passerby with a single punch in a late night street assault has been jailed for five and a half years.

Jonathan Dargan (49) was found guilty of killing Patrick Mullally (56) by knocking him to the ground with a punch after the victim and another man had stopped to intervene in a drunken row with his girlfriend.
    There are various ways to look at this case. But one is to highlight that one man ended up dying because he wanted to protect a woman.

https://twitter.com/clemshevlin40/status/1222310987455508482
    Random tweet, so I'm not sure how many people have similar views.

I can understand people being protective of women in terms of physical arguing.
    But if women want to be treated as equals, it seems it should be fair if men can treat them in debates the same way that they would treat men.

The tweet/comments will not damage Healy-Rae in the least and is great to see the online white knights do great work to distance the online mount pieces from everyday folk.
    Marcos wrote: »
    You can see exactly how much nasty abuse was thrown at Joan Burton here and make your own mind up. Was it really nasty abuse or just bringing up the ramifications of her actions in government? Does that count as bullying?

TBF like one of the commenters on the article said

Playing the poor mouth and victim in politics is equally disgusting as these people that are so called bullies. Could they have handled themselves better? yes but there are labor supporters who feel that what went on when they got into government was a big betrayal and they are angry.

The anger doesn't stem from her being a woman but the policies and decisions made when they are in power.

Its not just her, look at the stick (well deserved) that Alan Kelly gets.

Game on: How to talk about sport without driving your colleagues crazy
    Bosses have been advised to rein in office sports banter as it excludes women. With the Six Nations looming, Darragh McManus has some creative ideas

https://www.independent.ie/life/game-on-how-to-talk-about-sport-without-driving-your-colleagues-crazy-38905757.html
    That said, Ms Francke has a point, in that unending banter about sport does exclude people who, well, aren't interested in sport. The same way as incessant discussion of, say, Love Island excludes everyone who hates Love Island, ie normal adults.

I think it would be a pity if anodyne discussions on what people were watching on TV (including sports) started to become policed in some way.

The article does highlight how people already have to be careful how they talk and interact:
    - Praise the other person for something they recently did. Or give them a compliment - but be scrupulously neutral, with not the teensiest hint of a sliver of an intimation of anything untoward being suggested. I usually go for, "Your car has a nice colour. But that's just my opinion."

Most be horrible having to right for the life section of the independent, not really breaking any awards.

The article itself is clickbait ****e and linking it up is probably helping them get the views they want. As I don't know what "bosses" have been advised to reign it in because controlling what people think about and have a passion for is a good way to have industrial relations problems.

I say this as someone who dislikes sports and wont be engaging in the chat myself. If business leaders did take something like this seriously it would kick off a tit for tat attack on interests in the office. I always feel out of place when women talk about soaps but guess what who cares.

• Advertisement

Now even some women are reluctant to hire women following the #MeToo
    movement

https://hbr.org/2019/09/the-metoo-backlash

7-minute video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Major case of blue balls syndrome with some of the lads here.

tdf7187 wrote: »

How do you mean?

Now even some women are reluctant to hire women following the #MeToo
    movement

https://hbr.org/2019/09/the-metoo-backlash

7-minute video:

Who would have thought trial by mob, that was actively abused would have downsides to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Marcos wrote: »

Not enough is made of this tbh. JB's policies on pensions disproportionately affected women and is one of the reasons labour's vote has been obliterated. HR is bang on in what he says.

And tbh I do not even think JB did it on purpose. It looked like she just didn't study the outcomes before implementing the changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

tdf7187 wrote: »

Nah, when you're getting some you can think of other things and not be slavishly waiting for approval :P

Phillip Schofield coming out as gay after years of marriage very common, says Love Equality NI
    Ciaran Moynagh, from Love Equality NI, said Schofield's situation is very common.

Mr Moynagh said: "People are having more of an awareness of acceptance of LGBT in society and therefore they feel greater confidence to come out and they know it's never too late.

"I think maybe back in the 70s and 80s, when it was less socially accepted, people felt obliged to conform with society and enter into marriages and now they are saying that it is no longer necessary and they know marriage is no longer for life."
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/phillip-schofield-i-have-been-coming-to-terms-with-the-fact-that-i-am-gay-980335.html

Sad for anyone/any men who were affected by attitudes in the past

I always thought he was gay, I was shocked that he has a wife and kids.

Thank God we live in a society now where he can finally be himself. Must have been a terrible burden all those years.

• Advertisement

Thank God we live in a society now where he can finally be himself. Must have been a terrible burden all those years.

Bigger burden on his poor wife who has effectively been lied to for her whole adult life

Advertisement