Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Rights Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Bigger burden on his poor wife who has effectively been lied to for her whole adult life

True the conditions at the time don't make it right but at the same time its up to her to judge him.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Bigger burden on his poor wife who has effectively been lied to for her whole adult life

That really depends on what kind of husband he was. I know Gay guys who are married, had kids, and are (apparently) loved by their wives. They're good husbands, provide for their family, gentle at home, and still loving to their wives.

Being gay doesn't stop you from being able to be a solid human being. There's more to life and marriage than sex, and in any case, we're all capable of faking it. People lie about all manner of things in relationships. How often do we hear of women faking orgasms? It's not uncommon to hear such things in the media, or in movies. It's hardly a leap to see males doing the same. (hell, I've faked orgasms just because I wanted it to stop.. while still wanting to be with that person)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I seriously doubt she only found out recently. The rumour mills have been running for years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭iptba

Popular post on LinkedIn at the moment (it has over 32,000 likes):
    "A Board with No Women is a Sign that You’re Not Making Good Decisions"​
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/board-women-sign-youre-making-good-decisions-adam-bryant/

A lot of time on LinkedIn, I find people are very cautious about challenging such views, but this time some brave people are willing to challenge it, e.g.:

Maybe I have the benefit of being raised to treat everybody equally, but I just don't understand statements like this.

I employ people based on merit. That is it.

If I started to think things like 'She wasn't as good as X but because she's a she - I'll hire her'. I'd be going against what I believe to be right, and in some ways, is that not disrespecting everybody who fought/fights for equality? Conceding, too tick a box.

That isn't equality, not in my view. I'm trying to hire a CTO at the minute. 16 applications so far. Zero women. This isn't something I have control over in my business. This is something that needs to change within an industry. Sometimes, we are quick to place blame on people for not doing something at the 'top', when really, we all need to address what is going on in the education system, and how we raise our kids to make sure that the next generation don't have to have these disagreements.

We can all just be. I know things aren't as simple as this. There are still a lot of people out there who are racist and sexist - but there are also a lot of people who aren't. Let's put our energy in to supporting people, rather than arguing about the past. That way the future is a lot brighter for everybody.

when selecting individuals for specific corporate responsibilities we cannot be biased towards
    gender. Such decisions can ONLY be made on merit and ability.
    Highlighting the lack of women in executive positions is not the way forward. Appointing a woman just to look good or get the numbers right is very bad indeed and I would add, patronising!
    Lead by example, be the best at what you do, keep searching for improvement, demonstrate that you are invaluable, be sure to be selected on merit not gender. And, those making such decisions must ignore gender and select on merit and not through fear or bias.
    I grew up influenced by several strong women.
    I was very fortunate to have been mentored as I grew in my career by several very successful women.
    I don't need convincing as to the value women bring to the business table.
    My trusted PA is a super-efficient woman. My deputy MD is a very experienced and respected woman.
    Head of procurement is a woman.
    The previous financial director was a woman. Her position was filled by a young man who was mentored by her!
    Stand up, be good at what you do, become invaluable and be,above all, an effective executive of merit.
    Flexing the gender muscles is a negative and will not work.

I think if I were a shareholder of a company I’d want the best PEOPLE for the job, no matter what was between their legs. If there were a majority of women on the board because they were the best at their respective jobs over other women and men, that would give me confidence in my share position. If a person were appointed for politically correct reasons and not because they were the best for the jobs at hand, I would probably do what I could to sell my shares and find a company focused on maximizing shareholder value first and foremost. The balance sheet doesn’t care about biological sex or race or age or religion.

The kind of positive discrimination that is the underlying basis of this kind of flawed analysis is actually the antithesis of equality. True equality means that people are appointed because they are the best person for the job, irrespective of gender, race or any other secondary factor.

The author of this analysis needs to learn how bias impacts on objectivity in any analytical process. The bias in this piece, which is evident from the very first words of the title means the article is devalued other than for exposing the inherent bias in the analysis. That is a shame, because much of the rest of the article is a very interesting and informative read on corporate culture.

No way in hell in either Linked in or Facebook would I be vocal about any of that stuff, its career suicide.

Companies and HR people do not like that kind of ****, remember HR is there to protect the company and not the individual.

• Advertisement

No way in hell in either Linked in or Facebook would I be vocal about any of that stuff, its career suicide.

Companies and HR people do not like that kind of ****, remember HR is there to protect the company and not the individual.

Calhoun wrote: »

Pretty much... although TBH we really need as a society to get away from that kind of thinking.. and stand up for what's right. Easy to say though, much harder to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Pretty much... although TBH we really need as a society to get away from that kind of thinking.. and stand up for what's right. Easy to say though, much harder to do.

Indeed...not going to happen until it becomes patently obvious as a problem - read, spectacular screwups from people put in positions based off a set of genitalia or belonging to some "endangered tribe".

For now, this whole "positive discrimination" thing is easy brownie points for companies and organizations.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Marcos

I always thought he was gay, I was shocked that he has a wife and kids.

Thank God we live in a society now where he can finally be himself. Must have been a terrible burden all those years.

On this I agree with the general sentiment, but wondered why he chose that particular time to come out so suddenly after so many years. Then someone pointed me to #schofieldgate on twitter and looking at some of the tweets, it seems there may have been a bit more to it than that. If true, it's certainly concerning.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

Marcos wrote: »
    On this I agree with the general sentiment, but wondered why he chose that particular time to come out so suddenly after so many years. Then someone pointed me to #schofieldgate on twitter and looking at some of the tweets, it seems there may have been a bit more to it than that. If true, it's certainly concerning.

Wow I did not know that, if it is true he has pulled a Spacey.

However if it is true the truth will come out in the end.

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Indeed...not going to happen until it becomes patently obvious as a problem - read, spectacular screwups from people put in positions based off a set of genitalia or belonging to some "endangered tribe".

For now, this whole "positive discrimination" thing is easy brownie points for companies and organizations.

But were that to happen, then they would just revert to blaming men/patriarchy/internalised mysogyny/good old fashioned misogyny/Saturn retrograde in Mars etc.

Yeah, the whole brownie points for companies looks good until it begins to negatively affect profits, then the shareholders are out for blood.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Was glad to see the Minister for Token Females lose her seat at the last election.

Seems the public don't have time for such nonsense.

But were that to happen, then they would just revert to blaming men/patriarchy/internalised mysogyny/good old fashioned misogyny/Saturn retrograde in Mars etc.

Yeah, the whole brownie points for companies looks good until it begins to negatively affect profits, then the shareholders are out for blood.

Depends on the composition of their shareholders. In many companies in the US, shares are held by groups following a particular agenda. So you get female/feminist led groups who will buy up serious amounts of shares so that they can direct the future of a company's development (especially when you add in the PR cost of ignoring such a group). Shareholders with a large percentage of a company have been known to make demands that sacrifice profit.

It's often noted, but rarely examined/considered properly the buying power of females in the Western world.

It's often noted, but rarely examined/considered properly the buying power of females in the Western world.

Oh I agree with that. I remember reading an article that stated that the Chinese economy was basically being run by the purchasing power of 15 - 29 year old women. So I'd see that translating to the west as well.

Oh I agree with that. I remember reading an article that stated that the Chinese economy was basically being run by the purchasing power of 15 - 29 year old women. So I'd see that translating to the west as well.

Well, if anything it started in the West first in the 80s/90s. Western women have incredible purchasing power compared to males. Just compare the number of shops aimed at females versus males in any mall or street. Males generally are half the population but consumerism tends to be aimed at females. And traditionally, women are more interested in investing in reasonably sure things like shares or property, whereas males invest in more volatile areas. Generalisations apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Hmmmm, has anybody seen that a-z australian rules for men or something? I should find it and link it but it's pretty much an a-z rules for men which include calling men out for daring to interupt women.

Man, depending on the age group I would call issue with that. Young boys should not be told that they should constantly see themselves around to help and hold up women. They should be told to focus on their own career and studies, friends and family. Don't get me wrong, they should date and other stuff, but they cannot be putting themselves second during such an important time in their life.

Edit:

What in the world is with this incel craze? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7997085/Men-internet-extreme-toxic-abusive-according-study.html

I mean, it's pretty much a catch all insult and it's kind of scary how demonised men are based on the catch all of too masculine (toxic) or not masculine enough (Incel). It's nothing new I guess, but I have no idea why men are putting up with this.

I mean we are talking about the buying power of men vs women, but men do have the power of just not supporting it.

This was one of the 2 news items highlighted to me on LinkedIn today by the app:
    IMF: Gender equality boosts economy
    I was a bit sceptical but it appears what was being suggested wasn't that radical, like discrimination against men:
    Promoting gender equality in the workplace gives the economy a boost, a new IMF report concludes. Policies like paid maternity leave and publicly funded childcare help mothers combine a career with having a family, pushing up the employment rate of women. The impact of such measures is greatest on mothers on lower incomes, who are more likely to stay at home to look after their children if they end up spending the bulk of their salary on childcare.

Depends on the composition of their shareholders. In many companies in the US, shares are held by groups following a particular agenda. So you get female/feminist led groups who will buy up serious amounts of shares so that they can direct the future of a company's development (especially when you add in the PR cost of ignoring such a group). Shareholders with a large percentage of a company have been known to make demands that sacrifice profit.

Well, if anything it started in the West first in the 80s/90s. Western women have incredible purchasing power compared to males. Just compare the number of shops aimed at females versus males in any mall or street. Males generally are half the population but consumerism tends to be aimed at females. And traditionally, women are more interested in investing in reasonably sure things like shares or property, whereas males invest in more volatile areas. Generalisations apply.

Wait - I thought this was a well understood and widespread knowledge; All you need to do is take a walk though any department store and simply compare the size of the women's area with the men's; Talk to anybody in marketing/advertising, and they'll tell you most of the campaigns are aimed primarily at women - for no other reason that in a couple/family context, it's the woman ultimately deciding or vetoing what to buy and when.

It actually goes deeper than that - think about the advertising that IS targeted towards men, it's usually aimed at SINGLE men and most of the times, it's about "buy this product and you'll be more attractive to WOMEN!". Product can be a suit, a perfume or a sportscar, the message is the same...

Hmmmm, has anybody seen that a-z australian rules for men or something? I should find it and link it but it's pretty much an a-z rules for men which include calling men out for daring to interupt women.

It's the way that society has gone. Male culture/behavior is inherently toxic because it produces a minority of males who are dangerous to women. And since we're using double standards across the board, collective responsibility for males is a major drive behind this, while women are given a free pass towards any kind of personal responsibility. In virtually all cases, a female is a victim and the cause of her being a victim can be traced back to something a male (or many males) have contributed to.

So, we'll be seeing a lot more of these kind of guidelines. It's along the line of telling males not to rape. They've decided that victims are not responsible for their own personal safety, and focused entirely on the aggressor for responsibility, however, there's no way to identify the aggressor before he commits the action. So, they've decided that the whole male gender needs to be re-educated so that we're more aware of the boundaries, which, in turn, means that males can be blamed more when it happens again.

When a male is a victim, the blame will be placed on male culture. Where it can be traced to a female, then she's an individual and can't be used to represent the majority. Even when a tiny bit of blame is directed at the female, she was made that way because of a male influence in her life. Females are without agency without males, but they're powerful at the same time. Contradictions abound. It a very common theme these days, and it's just going to get worse, as long as males refuse to counter it in an organised and emotionless manner.

We are starting to see some turning against it, I don't think it's over quite yet but there is some evidence even in Ireland that people caught up in that type of politics aren't what the electorate want.

• Advertisement

We are starting to see some turning against it, I don't think it's over quite yet but there is some evidence even in Ireland that people caught up in that type of politics aren't what the electorate want.

I'm skeptical TBH. The Irish politicians who engaged in that kind of canvasing were heavy handed, obvious, and didn't respect the intelligence of their target audience. It a common enough failing of politicians, in general, in Ireland. I suspect that they'll take a step back and try again. Why? because Irish society is changing rapidly.

A decade ago, people laughed at the idea that US type feminism would gain a foothold in Ireland, but it's getting there. You can see it in educational programs, and equality watch organisations. You can see it in the funding allocated to female issues versus male issues. It's not as obvious as in the US, because there they're well established, but it is spreading. The banning of female models in sports is a good example of how it spread in the UK even though the females themselves came out in protest. Still happened though,

We are seeing Europe slowly conform to feminist principles. The quota allotments in workplaces, panels, and in politics. Quotas aren't suspended when there's an equal number, then it switches to needing more females than males because that must be a good thing. You can see it in sexual harassment laws in the UK and Ireland, as more draconian measures are suggested, refused, suggested again, again, and then accepted, in part.

So, no, I don't see Ireland rejecting that kind of philosophy. They're going to bring it in, and those female politicians know it. They'll simply alter their tactics, and eventually, they'll get in while people praise them for their perseverance, and patience.

In fairness, this isn't really anything new. It's just a swingback towards Catholocism gender dynamics.

We shall see how it goes I feel with Ireland because of how we vote that we won't see extremes as elsewhere.

Societally we should hope not because disenfranchised young men with no hope or prospects normally look for causes.

In fairness, this isn't really anything new. It's just a swingback towards Catholocism gender dynamics.

I don't see it that way. With males being the target for everything negative in females lives, you'll find it becoming more and more difficult to find an unbiased understanding when things go wrong for you. Reasonable and logical arguments will be passed in favor of favoring females in both society and the workplace. It might not turn that way for another decade, but I wouldn't be very surprised when it does. A lot of males my own age (40s) who are single, are moving abroad to Asia to get away from that kind of environment because we can see the way things are going in dating, which is linked to many other areas of social interaction.
    Calhoun wrote:
    Societally we should hope not because disenfranchised young men with no hope or prospects normally look for causes.

TBH I think that's why we're seeing a rise in the interest in transgender and gender fluid concepts. Many young males are just giving up, and finding an outlet by switching genders or going neutral. The drugs are there for those with the cash to buy them, and it's getting easier to gain access to such drugs, than it is party drugs. From conversations with a variety of US/Canadian students who were studying abroad, most of them consider being male in their respective countries to be pretty hellish. And while, many males won't turn to transgender, there is a trend of people just giving up. Retreating to their parents basement, playing computer games, and surfing the internet. Keeping away from society, because society has turned hostile to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I lay the blame on this wave of feminism on three separate entities.

US Academia (along with Aceademia in the Angloshere in particular) which has infested the Social Sciences and polluted the discourse with a host of completely unreliable studies and data, it has been described as the wild west...ie The Gender Pay Gap, Rape Culture...and the biggest lie of them all, that Gender Equality will lead to a more prosperous economy....that last one is manifestly damaging and will be the rock this wave of feminism will die on, in my opinion....as long as we live in a free market economy that is!!!

The weakness of governments (in the developed world in particular) to be lobbyied by tax payer funded organisations whose existence requires as long a list of inequality as the imagination can form or accept.

Media, whose previous business model involved selling newspapers to men (who were way more likely to buy newspapers) and targeting female readers with ads..now involves a click bait culture which has targeted and entrapped a generation of young women into believing they are being oppressed by a Patriarchy (which is simply nuts), and Social Media which has facilitated this hysteria (and a number of other hysterical movements)....Social Media is sucking in young men also but it has done untold damage to women in my view who have enough self image problems to be dealing with as it is.

This culture will all pass, it is already failing politically (see The US Democratic Party, The UK Labour Party and the UK LIb Dems), it will begin to fail in industry as well, as we are witnessing already in Hollywood and Media (an amount of womens magazines have gone out of business over the last few years ( https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/11/womens-magazines-are-more-progressive-than-ever-and-theyre-all-closing-down ), the future is bleak for RTE/BBC as well.

Feminists underestimates women, forget about the movements propensity to project hatred and or disdain at men, that is a different discussion, individually women are much smarter than feminism would have you believe, women, in particular mothers, are way savvier more often than not to the differences and behaviours of children and boys/girls...I am lucky enough to be surrounded by generations of proper independent women who will never be told what to believe by anyone.

What will be left in it's wake remains to be seen, but I think the popularity of the movement is already in steep decline, as the movement itself rips istelf apart over the transgender issue it will dissipate along with the media organisations that have embraced it.

Mind the young fellas and make sure they don't slip into the online world of bitterness toward ordinary women which in my view, is potentially just as damaging to young men as feminism is to young women, would be my advice.

Oh ya, tell the young lads not to date feminists....life is too short!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

what about mens rights if a wife is cheating on him for years, and her solicitor tells her not to leave the house she's entitled to half of it, should the man not be entitled to get her out of the house.? no rights for men in that case?

Depends on if there is kids doesn't it ?

Stop Lying About Our Sons
    Erika Sanzi

Feb 17 · 3 min read

Boys are not bad. Boys do not need to be fixed. Boys do not need to be more like girls. And no matter how many lazy pieces of faux-journalism appear that shame our sons as inherently toxic and expendable, we will fight to ensure that they know that the culture is lying to them.

https://medium.com/@egsanzi/stop-lying-about-our-sons-e039bdc661d2

• Advertisement

Here's the latest batch of gender-related hashtags I have noticed trending for anyone interested (I know some are not)
    (Aside: I'm not on Twitter 24/7 of course and don't look back at lists for when I wasn't on)

Lads
    Not immediately clear why this is trending. These tweets, including from a 2FM DJ may be part of.
    https://twitter.com/KeithWalsh2fm/status/1224730018015862786
    https://twitter.com/ElaineOSulliv16/status/1224759735574056960

#WomenInScience
    Female scientists celebrate their achievements on Women in Science Day

#GalentinesDay
    This one looks to be benign. Just female friend celebrating the day before Valentine's Day

#womeninleadership
    https://twitter.com/UCDALUMNI/status/1227930213520224256
    https://twitter.com/Harmonica26/status/1227921215769239564
    https://twitter.com/UCDSocieties/status/1227928403304685569

#GoRedForWomen
    https://twitter.com/KinsaleComSch/status/1228307646266081280
    https://twitter.com/Irishheart_ie/status/1228268555004710912
    "Please donate today to help keep women’s hearts beating all over Ireland."
    https://irishheart.ie/appeals/go-red-for-women-this-february/

#HERstory
    @HerstoryIreland
    Herstory is every woman's story. Herstory: Ireland's #EPICwomen TV series airs on RTÉ 1 @ 8.30pm from 3rd Feb - 9th March http://rte.ie/herstory #RTEherstory
    https://twitter.com/thesjsmyth/status/1229512908578664451

Not trending as of yet, but I've come across some tweets with the following format in my feed and a search suggests it's common
    "Amplify the voices of 10 women"
    One would probably need to be pretty brave to do "amplify the voices of 10 men" at least if the account was under your own name

Similarly, a female friend just posted this on Facebook:
    Fix each others crowns �� ladies... Don't knock them off ���� #girlpower if I tagged you, don't disappoint me. If I didnt tag you, please no offence. Too often, women find it easier to criticise each other instead of building each other up. With all the negativity out there, lets do something positive �� Upload 1 picture of yourself... Just you!! Then tag so many beautiful women (FB will only allow 50) we will build ourselves up, instead of tearing us apart �������� copy and paste... I got tagged !!

Tbh, I think men should manspread even more. If she's not your wife or daughter, who cares what some random woman on twitter is ranting about.

Fix each others crowns �� ladies... Don't knock them off ���� #girlpower if I tagged you, don't disappoint me. If I didnt tag you, please no offence. Too often, women find it easier to criticise each other instead of building each other up. With all the negativity out there, lets do something positive �� Upload 1 picture of yourself... Just you!! Then tag so many beautiful women (FB will only allow 50) we will build ourselves up, instead of tearing us apart �������� copy and paste... I got tagged !!

Um, what negativity is there out there for women? Virtually every advertisement, public awareness program, etc are all about promoting female virtues. The only people who seem to want to speak negatively about women, is other women. Sure, I see her point.. but it seems like she's suggesting that women live in a hostile environment rather than the very supportive one that exists already.

Um, what negativity is there out there for women? Virtually every advertisement, public awareness program, etc are all about promoting female virtues. The only people who seem to want to speak negatively about women, is other women. Sure, I see her point.. but it seems like she's suggesting that women live in a hostile environment rather than the very supportive one that exists already.

Klaz, you misunderstand, the poster most probably wanted to promote a business/product of some kind and is looking for the retweets :P

Klaz, you misunderstand, the poster most probably wanted to promote a business/product of some kind and is looking for the retweets :P
    Well, the post I saw was from a woman who doesn’t work (outside the home).

iptba wrote: »
    Well, the post I saw was from a woman who doesn’t work (outside the home).

There's a thread about some woman who went to a sports event, took a photo and people on twitter tore her apart for the clothes she was wearing. Apparently some rather nasty comments (unsurprising, since twitter is a cesspit). I suspect the post above was in reaction to that criticism.

• Advertisement

There's a thread about some woman who went to a sports event, took a photo and people on twitter tore her apart for the clothes she was wearing. Apparently some rather nasty comments (unsurprising, since twitter is a cesspit). I suspect the post above was in reaction to that criticism.

It's not...it's all over my social media feed...it is relating to Caroline Flack and the BeKind movement...these are grown adult women.

So...that #LadsStop didn't go very far, or at least I don't see many posts.

Anyway, just as a little exercise and to add some positivity, let's play a game...let's pretend #LadsStop was meant in the same way these are normally meant for women, as an encouragement to not do something self-damaging anymore:

#LadsStop working your arses off so you can provide for your family.
    #LadsStop "manning up" and pretending with whatever ****e life throws at you is "fine".
    #LadsStop being the backbone of the police, fire departments and armed forces.
    #LadsStop performing badly paid, behind-the-scenes long hours service jobs that make the world go around.
    #LadsStop taking physical, fatiguing and dangerous jobs with low pay and disproportionately high injury and mortality rates.
    #LadsStop beating yourself up because you can't do something. You're a human, not Superman.
    #LadsStop valuing yourself based off of what you can provide to someone else.
    #LadsStop giving up your friends, hobbies and interests because she doesn't like them.
    #LadsStop accepting responsibilities for the consequences of your wife/girlfriend or daughter's actions.

I can't imagine how well the above would go, especially the last couple of them. Sure, "not every man/woman" bla bla bla applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Tbh, I think men should manspread even more. If she's not your wife or daughter, who cares what some random woman on twitter is ranting about.

Men have balls, hence the need to keep the legs ajar. Wouldn't have thought this needs explanaining. Manspreading really is an odious term.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Men have balls, hence the need to keep the legs ajar. Wouldn't have thought this needs explanaining. Manspreading really is an odious term.

It's all part of the broad shaming language we see everywhere these days...Male Gaze...Pale, Male, Stale...Mansplaining....the whole movement is odious!

In my experience, if a woman/girl is wearing jeans/pants, a fair percentage sit with their legs open, taking up plenty of space. Just as they'll plonk their bags on either side of them, and look at you with hostility for daring to suggest that you'd want to sit in the space.

It's just the usual double standards. I cross my legs most of the time.

• Advertisement

Actually it's how the hip bones fit together :D

Interestingly, an open body language (manspreading being one of them) have been shown to raise testosterone and lower some stress hormone (cortisol?).

REmember lads, rising male suicide rates, lack of place in society, and still a huge amount of workplace deaths and homelessness...and we are attacking men for daring to have open body language that might lower stress.

The pale male and stale is absurd as the people who are most likeyl to say that are the least likely to achieve anything in life.

Imagine the world wihtout 'pale, male and stale'. Christ, it's like complainign that african literature needs more white people :P

I'm a natural and unashamed manspreader. It's just what's comfortable and what my legs do if I sit down and not think about how I'm sitting.

Oh dear, some one has let one of the press hungry "woke" 2FM DJ's out of their box again.

Last time one of them tried it he took allot of **** for it.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/feb/22/ssweden-teenage-transgender-row-dysphoria-diagnoses-soar

Apparently men castrating themselves to be women is fine, but women castrating themselves to be men is evil.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/feb/22/ssweden-teenage-transgender-row-dysphoria-diagnoses-soar

Apparently men castrating themselves to be women is fine, but women castrating themselves to be men is evil.
    I didn't really pick that up from this article.

Also in general a percentage of feminists* are against people born as male transitioning and being seen as females, but seem less exercised by people transitioning in the other direction.

*(Radical) feminists who exclude trans-women from their feminism or TERFs

In fairness, where was the person complaining about this when men were called bravee for transitioning? :P

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/09/16/minister-orders-inquiry-4000-per-cent-rise-children-wanting/

I know that a lot of people have issus with trans women sharing female spaces, but it doesn't mean they have issus with men becomign women.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/nyregion/harvey-weinstein-verdict.html

Little bit shocked at this tbh as there was no proof that he raped them, and a lot fo proof that he didn't imo.

I imagine it will be aquited in a retrial.

We shall see, i mean if it was once off isolated thing you could understand but there are quite allot of accusers going back over 30 years.

Hmmm, is it a sexist comment to say that the huge percentage of females in the psychology field/and the purchase of psychological help guides and articles, have made psychology a little bit odd?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/love-and-sex-in-the-digital-age/202002/does-watching-porn-count-cheating

• Advertisement
Advertisement