Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast in Wicklow

• 14-06-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm going to be travelling down the N11 on Saturday morning, can anyone recommend a stop off somewhere for a nice breakfast along the way?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Jack White's or The Beehive. Both are on the the N11, your left hand side travelling South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

Bunters Cafe in newtownmountkennedy on main street few mins off main n11 but does be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

What about Avoca? Indeed nice, if a bit pricey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

flickarius wrote: »
    I'm going to be travelling down the N11 on Saturday morning, can anyone recommend a stop off somewhere for a nice breakfast along the way?
    Thanks.
    If you want a thunderingly good fry up, the Good Times cafe in Arklow is wonderful.
    You'll need to starve yourself the night before though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, you've been very helpful, will settle on one of em! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Halpins in Wicklow town does a nice mini (fry) breakfast as does the Yew Tree in Ashford. They do a full breakfast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Aenaes wrote: »
    Jack White's or The Beehive. Both are on the the N11, your left hand side travelling South.
    Taigh that ownes Jack whites is now renting the beehive so same staff in both, both ok for breakfast but nothing special
    Rasmus wrote: »
    What about Avoca? Indeed nice, if a bit pricey.
    & going to put 30 minutes drive onto your journey if your going further south on the n11
    slowburner wrote: »
    If you want a thunderingly good fry up, the Good Times cafe in Arklow is wonderful.
    You'll need to starve yourself the night before though.
    this +1, great prices and only about 2 min drive off the motorway
    (first Arklow exit heading south, proceed into towards town and you'll past a school on your right. its about 100m past that on the right
    BigMoose wrote: »
    Halpins in Wicklow town does a nice mini (fry) breakfast as does the Yew Tree in Ashford. They do a full breakfast too.
    wicklow town is also going to put + 20/30 minutes drive time out of your way from southbound n11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lil Doyles is a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Donkathon wrote: »
    Taigh that ownes Jack whites is now renting the beehive so same staff in both, both ok for breakfast but nothing special

Was in there for Sunday lunch a year ago, what a kip. Hope he has done something with the place. Decor and food both awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there anywhere in Bray at all? I used to go into the little cafe half way between Dunnes and the DART station but they're just firing everything into the microwave now, do any of the pubs do a decent breakfast because all the cafes are just reheated ****3 in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Bray at all? I used to go into the little cafe half way between Dunnes and the DART station but they're just firing everything into the microwave now, do any of the pubs do a decent breakfast because all the cafes are just reheated ****3 in my experience.

There is still a cafe opposite Topaz on the Dublin road. They advertise they have the best breakfast in Bray. Also Molloys do breakfast, Sullivans, in fact to many to list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

There's Coffee & Treats in Bray between the Dunnes and the DART. Full Irish for €6 and I think it's alright.

The Martello also do breakfast so you could watch the sun come up over the sea while you're breakfasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

zoobizoo wrote: »
    so you could watch the sun come up over the sea while you're breakfasting.

@ 5am :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

the best breckie in Wicklow is in 3Q's on the main street in Greystones,pricey though,bout €11 for the fry but it's not a greasy one,it's top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

There's Coffee & Treats in Bray between the Dunnes and the DART. Full Irish for €6 and I think it's alright.

The Martello also do breakfast so you could watch the sun come up over the sea while you're breakfasting.

+1 for the Martello,it's a big feed for about €8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

In January?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Incognito35

The Romany Stone on the N11 itself serves a good breakfast too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the good times cafe in arklow does a very nice breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Romany Stone on the N11 itself serves a good breakfast too.

Tried here before and agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Another vote for the Good Times Cafe in Arklow, lovely place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could always do the Biker Breakfast in Eddie Rockets in Arklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

RosieJoe wrote: »
    You could always do the Biker Breakfast in Eddie Rockets in Arklow.

Have done that but still would pick the Good Times Cafe, no affiliation with it or anything just thing it is a great cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

Stopped off at the Good Times Cafe in Arklow for breakfast yesterday, on the recommendation of above posts. The place was spotless, the staff very friendly and the breakfast was excellent and very well priced. Will call here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The good times cafe is fantastic, I used to head up every sunday to nurse the hangover. The size of the breakfast and the price you pay for it is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I enjoy breakfast out. It's replaced expensive dinners.

I recommend coffee delights on the southern cross for the best value.
    I recommend ocean bar and grill in bray for the best compromise between value and quality.

Advertisement