Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is storm front a troll site ?

• 14-06-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I stumbled on a conversation they were having about the irish girl murdered in tokyo, and the general consensus was that it was partly/mostly her own fault for associating with negroes.

Are these people trolling or just incredibly stupid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well they're indoctrinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

people can't troll. trolls troll. was this site located under a bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

They're just stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. The thread on the case here contained a few posts that would've fitted in pretty well on Stormfront, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I stumbled on a conversation they were having about the irish girl murdered in tokyo, and the general consensus was that it was partly/mostly her own fault for associating with negroes.

The latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Is both an option? Stupid trolls?

I cannot give an opinion as I have not been on it.
    From what you said though they sound like assholes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

It's a forum for White Supremacists. I've seen a hell of a lot worse on there. Some of the opinions on it are absolutely shocking.

I miss Karl Hungus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

It's a site for cnuts!!

frag420 wrote: »
    It's a site for cnuts!!

You're not wrong, not wrong at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Nodin wrote: »
    You're not wrong, not wrong at all.

It's a site for baldy cúnts. Some sort of barber shop gang that appear to be white.

• Advertisement

It's a site for baldy cúnts. Some sort of barber shop gang that appear to be white.

Now, now. I keep the head shaved with a 1 meself. "baldy nazi etc" if you please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I reckon it's mainly a troll site. I doubt that even 10% of its users display any sort of outward racism in the 'real' world. Basically it's an platform for cowards, outcasts and mild psychopaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

some eejit wrote:
    She chose suicide.
    Suicide by black.

What is wrong with these people ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I don't think they're consciously trolling. Far-right politics (and, to a lesser extent, right-wing politics in general) seems to stem from a mixture of stupidity, unhappiness and deeply-ingrained unpleasantness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Is a barber shop in Dublin called Black and Proud considered racist?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1111/photo0071j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I miss Karl Hungus :(
    Are the rumor that he once saved a family of drowning ducks true?
    I've read it here a few times:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

He ate a family of ducks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

IrishAm wrote: »

Big difference between that and proclaiming your hatred of other races. There's nothing inherently wrong with being proud of your skin color, apart from it being illogical and stupid as fcuk. It's not a million miles away from feeling proud to be ginger, or from Mayo. It's not really racist unless that pride manifests itself as a hatred of others.

Big difference between that and proclaiming your hatred of other races. There's nothing inherently wrong with being proud of your skin color, apart from it being illogical and stupid as fcuk. It's not a million miles away from feeling proud to be ginger, or from Mayo. It's not really racist unless that pride manifests itself as a hatred of others.

Fair enough.

But could you imagine the media furore if a barber shop called white and proud opened up in Dublin?

Remember the frenzy over the green lights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You should sign up and troll them by pretending to be a black supremist!

Actually a bunch of us should sign up as black supremists and troll them! The more the better!

• Advertisement

black supremists

Plenty of sites for them too. They think they are the original inhabitants of Ireland.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Do you not get it, IrishAm?
    The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud :cool:

Are the rumor that he once saved a family of drowning ducks true?
    I've read it here a few times:confused:

Unsure about that, but I do know that Stormfront and he had a very rocky relationship. If I'm right, he was the subject of many threads over there and also had one or two rather humourous images drawn up about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

No. The site is actually deadly serious and is arguable the main front for the extreme right wing and white supremacists on the internet. I've infiltrated and trolled the site a number of times though for the lolz.

In fairness, if there was a shop that called itself "White and Proud", the owners of the shop would automatically be branded as racists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Unsure about that, but I do know that Stormfront and he had a very rocky relationship. If I'm right, he was the subject of many threads over there and also had one or two rather humourous images drawn up about him.
    By the way, Scroobius Pip kicks ass!!!

By the way, Scroobius Pip kicks ass!!!

Plus he's a pretty nice guy too - I got to meet him at his gig in Galway before. Bought his illustrated works there and he signed it for me!

Pedant wrote: »
    In fairness, if there was a shop that called itself "White and Proud", the owners of the shop would automatically be branded as racists.

Il fire off an email with the photo attached to the journalist from the Journal.ie who broke the green light story.

See if she is consistent, like.

:)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Do you not get it, IrishAm?
    The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud :cool:

Are people from Finglas the blacks of Northsiders?

• Advertisement

Because such slogans are associated with white supremacists and the Nazi/KKK type...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Do you really want to know the reasons why the White Nationalist Movement exists, or did you just start this thread to show everybody how "progressive and liberal" you are?

I can educate you, but I'll have to do it via PM. Boards.ie apparently doesn't allow freedom of speech.

Do you really want to know the reasons why the White Nationalist Movement exists, or did you just start this thread to show everybody how "progressive and liberal" you are?

I can educate you, but I'll have to do it via PM. Boards.ie apparently doesn't allow freedom of speech.

There is a difference between freedom of speech and inciting racial hatred and bigotry...

There is a difference between freedom of speech and inciting racial hatred and bigotry...

You can continue to shut down debate by crying "WACIST" or you can open your ears to understand why certain people feel the way they do. I'm only the messenger.

Because such slogans are associated with white supremacists and the Nazi/KKK type...

Yes. And slogans such as "Black and Proud" are associated with peace loving groups such as the Black Panthers and militant Black Nationalists who claim that raping white women is legitimate action to take out as revenge against the white man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Oh please... "educate" us all on the merits of white nationalism. Show us how self-consciously un-progressive and illiberal you are.

• Advertisement

That's true, but in the context of the west, such slogans are more likely to be associated with white supremacism. Someone saying they're white and proud would be more than aware of such racist connotations, and therefore more likely to be a racist.
    Saying one is black and proud doesn't have those connotations. In fact, it has somewhat positive connotations in certain contexts such as the US where it would be used by a minority population who until recently suffered great official and unofficial discrimination, and are still discriminated against to an extent. So it comes with connotations of an oppressed minority community resisting their repression and finding solidarity in their common bond.

Context is everything. This also comes into effect in terms of power relations. Being black means being in the minority, and therefore, even if one saying they were black and proud were actually racist, they wouldn't represent any great threat to the population of the country.
    Yet if I were black and encountered people in Ireland saying they were white and proud I'd feel at least a little uncomfortable, as white people are in such an overwhelming majority here, with the corresponding amount of social and political power, not to mention the widely-known negative connotations associated with the term "white pride" I mentioned earlier.

Yes. And slogans such as "Black and Proud" are associated with peace loving groups such as the Black Panthers and militant Black Nationalists who claim that raping white women is legitimate action to take out as revenge against the white man.

You see such debates never end well, so there's no point in getting into all of that.

They're both bad but historically the Nazi/KKK type have been more vocal and violent than the "black and proud" type so people more readily associate "White and proud" with the Nazi/KKK group while they tend to associate "Black and Proud" with Shaft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

No. It's just full of idiots.
    I've looked at it once or twice out of curiosity. I once saw someone complain about the Polish population in Ireland. A Polish member of the site was incensed that someone who called themselves a Nazi didn't like Polish people. Because as we all know there's absolutely no history of the Nazis having bad feelings towards the Poles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought it was a site for militant meteorologists with a grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Oh come on, I'll give you a medal if you can even remotely justify opinions such as "that n****r-loving b***h deserved to die" etc

• Advertisement

so people more readily associate "White and proud" with the Nazi/KKK group while they tend to associate "Black and Proud" with Shaft.

No. You do. As you haven't a notion of what you are talking about.

How many American cities have you lived in?

Oh come on, I'll give you a medal if you can even remotely justify opinions such as "that n****r-loving b***h deserved to die" etc

Ok, let's reverse the tables. Why do you think some whites dislike blacks? And you'll have to do better than "cos they're idiots".

Why would you deliberately choose only to mention the less popular groups the slogan is associated with, and the most extreme negative aspects of them?
    I find that really strange.

I don't see why you don't mention the general conceptual link between the slogan and the Civil Rights movement.

I really don't see why you fail to mention the James Brown song "Say it Loud - I'm Black and I'm Proud," which popularised the slogan. Perhaps because, as an anti-discrimination funk song, it's a peaceful, inclusive way to combat discrimination.

It's almost as though you have an agenda.

Why would you deliberately choose only to mention the less popular groups the slogan is associated with, and the most extreme negative aspects of them?

By extreme negative aspects, do you mean modern associations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There's a thread about Jimi Hendrix that has comments that are so ridiculous they're hilarious. One member even blames Jimi Hendrix for his relationship with his father going sour.
    While great, I do feel that his skill (specifically) is overblown. The Watchtower is the only song I like by him ...
    And he stole that from a Jew. :cool:

Hendrix rocked, but he must be treated as an negro entertainer only. If he wasn't a halfbreed, derelict, racemixer, I would respect him, as I do BB King, Dianna Ross, and a few of the other classic black entertainers.

I spent much time, and money to learn to play his songs. And I'm sure it cost me weeks of quality time with my Father also. Although I still listen to him, being a WN, I wish I had my money back. And my Father.

I should have spent my time more wisely. :(

By extreme negative aspects, do you mean modern associations?

No, I mean the things like calls for murder and rape you mentioned.

There are no culturally prominent or politically influential modern black nationalist movements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Just had a look at it there cos i wasnt sure what it was yeah big time bigots on it,i wouldnt be suprised if theres trolling

No. You do. As you haven't a notion of what you are talking about.

How many American cities have you lived in?

It depends from place to place and the context it is used in. Some people use it to feel good about who they are. Some use it as a proclamation of the superiority of their race over others.

You can't deny there has been a long history of oppression of black people in the West. From slavery, though eugenics, KKK lynching, Nazi ideology and then modern neo-Nazis. The black extremists were a direct reaction to the actions of the white extremists.

Again depends from place to place. Here in Ireland most people will instantly recognise a Nazi symbol and "white and proud" slogan to be consistent with White supremacy while one wouldn't think such strongly of "black and proud" slogan no matter what the person's ideology is, who proclaimed it.

In some parts of USA it would be different, there are black supremacist gangs, white neo-nazi gangs, mexican gangs and they all have their own slogans. Most such gangs operate as a reaction to the rival gangs. Its reminiscent of ancient tribes fighting among themselves over small disputes because they lacked the intellectual capabilities to look beyond their physical differences and try to solve disputes in a civil manner.

They exist fundamentally because there are xenophobic people in the world.

White Nationalists justify themselves by saying that there's a mass Jewish conspiracy that wants to unleash a "genocide" on the white race by encouraging interbreeding with different races, open borders and multiculturalism. They also believe that the Holocaust was made up lie by Jews to make the world have sympathy on the Jewish race and to forward support in the international community for the establishment of the Zionist State of Israel. White Nationalists also argue that there's an apparent "cultural Marxist" conspiracy that wants to destroy European culture by promoting social progressivism, etc...

I don't think you wish to refrain from posting openly on here because you're afraid of getting banned, rather I think you're afraid of making yourself look stupid and having to engage in critical debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

They're just stupid.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. The thread on the case here contained a few posts that would've fitted in pretty well on Stormfront, sadly.

I agree with you, but please don't make the mistake of believing that the people behind Stormfront are stupid.:cool:

The people who believe everything they see on Stormfront and who post their crude and hateful messages on it are mindless and nasty thugs, but the people who are running the site and pulling the strings at the very top are far from stupid. They are very intelligent and very adept at playing on people's baser instincts, planting doubts in their minds and even - when it suits them - quoting (out of context of course) people like Noam Chomsky, who is I believe Jewish. They know how to use clever arguments by even those fiercely opposed to them, but also how to morph those same arguments to create their own distorted message.:rolleyes:

The forces behind Stormfront are clever rather than stupid. And that is what makes them so very dangerous.:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement