Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is storm front a troll site ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Pedant wrote: »
    I don't think you wish to refrain from posting openly on here because you're afraid of getting banned, rather I think you're afraid of making yourself look stupid and having to engage in critical debate.

Your presumptions are wrong. I'm an ardent supporter of Israel and the plight of the persecuted Jewish people. Check my past posting history. They have made an astonishing contribution to mankind for their small size, and for this they should be applauded. It's the far-left section of boards who spout this Jewish conspiracy nonsense - see yesterday's thread on TD Alan Shatter's alledged alleagiance to Israel in the Politics forum. Some ridiculous posts in there.

I'm not professing my own views here, but if you really want to understand why the White Nationalist movement was formed, I can educate you. Nothing to do with the Jews, despite what a few skin head screwballs think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I agree with you, but please don't make the mistake of believing that the people behind Stormfront are stupid.:cool:

The people who believe everything they see on Stormfront and who post their crude and hateful messages on it are mindless and nasty thugs, but the people who are running the site and pulling the strings at the very top are far from stupid. They are very intelligent and very adept at playing on people's baser instincts, planting doubts in their minds and even - when it suits them - quoting (out of context of course) people like Noam Chomsky, who is I believe Jewish. They know how to use clever arguments by even those fiercely opposed to them, but also how to morph those same arguments to create their own distorted message.:rolleyes:

The forces behind Stormfront are clever rather than stupid. And that is what makes them so very dangerous.:eek::eek:

You're absolutely right, I was referring more to the average stormfront user.

It's frightening and counter-intuitive that so many hateful people can also be quite intelligent, enough so that they know how to be careful about what they say in order to be as persuasive as possible, and to avoid saying stuff that they'd get shot down for.

It's easy to assume that all racists are stupid, but sadly that's not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No to the OP, but the potential is there.
    It's the internet. You could always pretend to be a half Black, half Irish Jew with a Mexican passport.
    I'm not suggesting you do that, or that you troll that site. I'm just saying that you could.
    IrishAm wrote: »
    Is a barber shop in Dublin called Black and Proud considered racist?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1111/photo0071j.jpg
    I wouldn't consider it racist, but I would propose that it does incite hatred in a country whose vast majority consists of White people.

Now this "White and Proud" thing had already been addressed in this thread ( and thousands more), but I'd like to say that making the statement that you are "White and Proud" in a mostly white country would land you in a lot of trouble.
    You would be classed as a racist, even if you did not believe that having White skin made you superior to people with other skin colours.

Go to any African country and put up a "White and Proud" sign, and see how long you last.
    Actually, go to Birmingham in either England or Alabama U.S. and see how long you last.

There is a double standard.
    The treatment of Black people by European conquerors over the past 700 or so years has been atrocious, so you can see why Black people in countries where they have been oppressed could now stand up and proclaim that they are proud of the colour of their skin.

However, I don't see why this would be done in Ireland.
    The Irish slaves in the Caribbean were cheapen than the African slaves. If the African slaves tried to escape or revolt, an Irish slave was murdered or tortured as an example to the African slaves.
    That's why I find the sign in that picture offensive.

Put it up in England, France, The Netherlands, Spain or Portugal and I wouldn't give a flying ****.
    Don't bring your "Poor me. I'm Black and my people were treated like shít by White Europeans" crap to this country.
    We were treated like shít too.

If you think we were involved in the enslavement of Africans, then you really need to read into history.

Before some pedant points out that Irish people were involved, those who were had allied themselves with the English, had allied themselves with the Church of England (which actually mattered back then) or were descendants of Protestant planters.
    Big difference between that and proclaiming your hatred of other races. There's nothing inherently wrong with being proud of your skin color, apart from it being illogical and stupid as fcuk. It's not a million miles away from feeling proud to be ginger, or from Mayo. It's not really racist unless that pride manifests itself as a hatred of others.

I'm Ginger and my family name originated in Mayo.
    I hate everyone else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Let's not even give those hate-filled loons the oxygen of publicity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement