Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Music Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Most of the exams have been fairly easy this year other than Maths so I'm hoping for a major melody in 4/4 and no upbeat :P
    There's never been a straight major melody in the last 8 years though. It's always been either anacrusis, minor or 6.8..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

There's never been a straight major melody in the last 8 years though. It's always been either anacrusis, minor or 6.8..

There had never been an essay on the use/threat of violence in Ireland in History. There was this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Quick question lads.. In the aria duetto which voice is higher pitched one, soprano or alto? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Bubbleope wrote: »
    okay i'm just after reading "Batman Motif". apparently it's in the opera section. O: what does it even sound like!? :eek: help? :o

I'm probably too late but what that's most likely referring to is how the melody is chromatic - easy come, easy go etc. It sounds like the "na na na na na na na na na na na na" bit in the Batman theme. :P
    Quick question lads.. In the aria duetto which voice is higher pitched one, soprano or alto? :p

Soprano :P

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

this may sound stupid but what exactly should you do with the phrasing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

ehshup wrote: »

Just put a phrase marking/line thing over each line, that's it! :)

so we don't habe to add in extra slur marks if it's a violin or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

ehshup wrote:

Make sure that if there is an upbeat that you don't put the upbeat at the end of the first line under the phrase mark, it will be the begining of the second phrase... if you get what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Ah, I really could have attempted to study this for the past 8 days. :(

yeah, i get you, but in all these examples there are extra articulation/slur marks between two notes, is that necessary? http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/cer_2007/music_lc_ce_report_2007_final_29_Jan_08.pdf
    they're at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Actually getting slightly nervous about this hey. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

does anyone know what sort of phrase markings to add for Q1 on the composing paper for ordinary level? my teacher never did that with us and i was just looking at past exam papers and they all say add phrase markings.. how do i know what ones suit? fast answer would be appreciated considering the exam starts in like a half hour ha

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

Soprano.

Voices in general go S, A, T, B.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Lucky ****ers got Queen for Q1, I'm jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

Ericaa wrote: »

I would've hated that! When Bach came up as Q1 last year I high-fived the guy behind me!

Also, how did you find that out 13 mins after the exam started?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

jawn wrote: »
    Ericaa wrote: »

I would've hated that! When Bach came up as Q1 last year I high-fived the guy behind me!

Also, how did you find that out 13 mins after the exam started?
    Haha, I did it last year too, I was just glad it wasn't Gerald Barry!

I'm an attendant so I'm sitting in between two exam centres. I was listening to the fecking songs echoing each other haha

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

beauuuutiful paper ! great way to end the exam. panicked a bit when I saw question 1 & 5 were both minor but it turned out okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

What was the Irish dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Does anyone know what the Irish Trad and Jazz fusion tune was? It was one of the most amazing things I ever heard!

Yep it's by michael o suilleabhain, it's called christmas eve/oiche nollaig see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLHWUqFDEI midway through it he plays it... what a random coincidence i happened to see it before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

checkcheek wrote: »
    What was the Irish dance.

Slip jig.

damn, haha i couldn't count the rhythm of it at all, because of all the ornamentation and the fact that the rhythm seemed pretty loose to me, i hadn't a clue for the dance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Delighted that Bohemian was question one. Other than the paper was okay. I do question 1 and 5 on the composing and found the 6/8 annoying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

Yep it's by michael o suilleabhain, it's called christmas eve/oiche nollaig see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLHWUqFDEI midway through it he plays it... what a random coincidence i happened to see it before

was a bodhràn one of the instruments ?

6/8 minor q1! Lovely.

6/8 minor q4! Quite reasonable... Through in a few sexy dissonance/resolution notes to get some extra marks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

whatsec wrote: »

Nope.. don't think so, I said bones!

whatsec wrote: »

I said bodhran too. I'm pretty certain there was one. And I had spoons down in brackets beside the question too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Listening was the nicest I've ever seen, couldn't have gone better. In contrast, composing couldn't have gone worse. But I'm free, no more Leaving Cert, no more Gerald Barry, so I'm going out to get drunk tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Yessssssssssssss. I ****ín' LOVED that paper! Composing was amazing! Loved the Melody and the Backing chords, definitely got an A in that paper! Listening was class also, really really liked it! :D

Did anyone else pick the Hiers De Picardie (or whatever) yoke for the Bach? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Yessssssssssssss. I ****ín' LOVED that paper! Composing was amazing! Loved the Melody and the Backing chords, definitely got an A in that paper! Listening was class also, really really liked it! :D

Did anyone else pick the Hiers De Picardie (or whatever) yoke for the Bach? :P

wtf was that!? never even saw it in me life like! :pac:
    i picked chaconne as a guess... :L probably wrong :pac:

Advertisement