Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs España

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I'm going to be hammered for saying this, but in my defence, its nothing to do with our performances in the Euro's.

I think when the tournament is finished, Trap should step down. He did all he can with this team and I thank him for it, but I'd love to see a new manager who'll give our younger lads a chance.

The Euro's will have 24 teams in it after this, it'll basically be harder not to qualify then to qualify. We may as well try a more adventurous style of play and take a chance with the likes of McCarthy,McClean, Coleman, Long, Clark etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Bring back Steve Staunton.

CSF wrote: »
    To be honest, this thread sums up why nearly everybody in this country supports top Premiership teams.

The idea of supporting a crap team against a good team and knowing you're going to get hammered seems alien to some of us. The embarassing and pathetic descriptions aswell as the abuse directed at some of our players is much more fitting of the embarassing and pathetic tags.

I think you will find people expect more passion playing for your country over club, but what we see, is the exact opposite.
    Green shirt means nothing nowadays :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It gets worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Green in the shop window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Paul Green. 3-3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Green fcking disgrace. Pure bull

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

How is Green more suitable than Gibson?

****ING HELL! Trap is a farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paul green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

antodeco wrote: »
    Yaaay! McClean. Not sure why stick him on with 15 minutes left, 3-0 down. At least he's on!
    so Trap can tell the journalists I made the change ye wanted and McClean didnt do anything V Spain when 3-0 down.

I feel sorry for McClean he deserved a better induction than this , at half time or at 2-0 down ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Soups123 wrote: »
    Where the fck are the subs

On the bench I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Eh George, Keith Andrews has no club!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

To be honest, this thread sums up why nearly everybody in this country supports top Premiership teams.

The idea of supporting a crap team against a good team and knowing you're going to get hammered seems alien to some of us. The embarassing and pathetic descriptions aswell as the abuse directed at some of our players is much more fitting of the embarassing and pathetic tags.

Good point. I'm so used to success in the EPL I haven't enjoyed watching Ireland. The constant hurt and let down isn't enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Green? Now that's just taking the p!ss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i love spain. the amount of stories you hear in these parts about players not making it in england as they are not big enough as kids etc but the spanish pick skillful players as opposed to big lumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Two unattached lads in the middle of the park.

Omeceron wrote: »
    Could be the last we see of Duff in an Irish shirt.

I felt Duff played ok tonight and done his best but is the wrong side of 30 unfortunately for us. Nevertheless given the unimaginative manager we have id say his place on the irish team is set in stone.

Here comes Paul Green while Wes Hoolahan watches on his telly somewhere in Norfolk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

du Maurier wrote: »
    From Twitter: "Murder on the Gdansk-floor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seriously... enough of the minors game... when's the match?

<_<

>_>

143535%20-%20Anchors%20artist%3Aanchors%20lineart%20meme%20oh_god.png

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Paul. Fukking. Green.

Get to fukk Trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

As if supporters of crap teams never have a rant and a moan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

haha!! paul green on as iniesta walks by going who the fk is paul green!....sums up the difference in class between the 2 teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I think you will find people expect more passion playing for your country over club, but what we see, is the exact opposite.
    Green shirt means nothing nowadays :)

i dont think that's true any more. international football isn't nearly as important as it used to be, let's be honest. the peak of the game is the top level of club football, not the international game any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Green has 10 mins to get that Barca deal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hey, I support Bolton. I should be used to losing by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

sooner we sack this lad the better. green ahead of Gibson. is he having a laugh with us Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is it possible McClean just didn't show anything in training to start matches? Trappatoni isn't stupid.

I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

kincsem wrote: »
    Bring back Steve Staunton.

You're Hysterical, Sit down, get some water,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

people are well aware of the disparate levels of ability between the 2 sides.

if you are happy with simply being at a tournament and getting hockeyed then I think it says alot about your ambitions.

No well reasoned fan expects us to pull up many trees but if you are happy with that effort then fair play to you.

For the record, ive seen supposed lower ranked sides put up more fight against Spain then we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭briany

I called it. Not particularly happy that I did but I did say Trap would bring on Green while losing v. Spain and by jaysis he did. A blunderstroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

At least we still have the politically incorrect thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I didn't think we'd get out of the group before the tournament started, what I hoped for was to do ourselves proud and give it a right go. After the first 2 games I feel pretty disgusted and angry. Feel bad for the players 4-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Oops, they did it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

4-0..

YES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

No blame for the Irish players tonight. I think the score line reflects the level of the players on both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Embarassing

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

TAXI!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anger there.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Sums up the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Come on Spain get fourth......fifth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah FFS! I feel sorry for all the fans over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

At least we finished second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Absolutely asleep for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,208 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's been a truly dreadful tournament for Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fantastic goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Basq wrote: »
    4-0..

YES!!!!

G'wan.. how much ya win? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

re Murder on the Gdansk-floor- Trap def killed the groove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

When all the Brazilians in Gort have kids who can play for us we will be unbeatable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

they have even stopped celebrating.....

i hope all the @#$%^ can see how s#$%^ trap has been

• Advertisement
Advertisement