Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs España

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

user2011 wrote: »
    Why do international managers get offered extensions too their contracts before tournanments? Thats what they get hired to get the teams too.

FFS > GREEN WTF!!! :mad:

So they can be given bigger compensation packages when they are let go.

When all the Brazilians in Gort have kids who can play for us we will be unbeatable!! McGeady and Green will get called up ahead of them

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

your wrong he does, its Ireland. :(

Unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

its a tough sight looking at all the supporters. 4-0.. the most i could think of was a draw. Still it was nice to get to the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Goodbye Trap. It was nice knowing you.

except he is not going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Ireland going home. Bad for us but the tournament is the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Proud to be irish with that support. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It's murder on Gdansk floor (robbed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    .. can we find another manager?

We did the classic move of giving a new contract before the tournament. IRFU did the same with Eddie O'Sullivan before a woeful world cup. You'd think we'd learn :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

In fairness it would be a poorer tournament without our fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I think we should sell off our fans to the highest bidder for the rest of the euros! Shame they have to leave early...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

the only way to get Green not picked is for him to play for a top 8 team in England

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I honestly think Trap doesnt deserve to go. He got us to the final and he deserves to stay.

HOWEVER, I would get rid. We have alot of young, hungry attacking talent coming through who will be overlooked for the 2014 WC.

0-4. Fields of Athenry being sung and Spaniards clapping along. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Amazing fans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Surprised Gary Doherty hasn't gotten a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,683 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Keane has gone to 1000-1 on betfair to become top scorer. Worth a punt? :pac:

Roy Keane is it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    .. can we find another manager?

'arry is free :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well done to the Irish fans. Doing everyone proud. No bad losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fùck it, warms the heart to hear the crowd drowning everything out despite the scoreline. The best thing about our tournament by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We all dream of a team of Paul greens

no we don't! when you have dreams with of paul greens it's called a nightmare....a nightmare conciderably worse than that was had on the elm street so many years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭twinytwo

ireland are ****e at everything

lol your still hanging around boards???... go crawl back under your rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hammered fans :)
    FYP! ;)

Ah no.. to be fair.. the support has been top-class over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just listen to our fans, one thing we can we can still be proud of tonight anyway.

Is it the crying in the stands, the leprechaun outfits, the titlicking, the funny flags or the rugby songs you are proud of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Heartbreaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Don't know why Irish people are so concered with "being great".

The Irish crowd this tournament seem to have the soul mission of "being great".

STFU, **** team and **** manager.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

ajeffares wrote: »
    Proud to be irish with that support. Absolutely brilliant.
    you know your team is rubbish when thats all you have to cling on to. small fry mentality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

lempsipmax wrote: »
    No blame for the Irish players tonight. I think the score line reflects the level of the players on both sides.

2nd and last goal were a joke defensively. Plenty of blame on the Irish on those 2 regardless of how hard they try. The 1st goal was forgivable but still an awfully soft goal to give away. However, the score line does reflect how the game has gone despite the fact 3 of the goals were pretty much gifted to the Spanish. Just goes to show that keeping clean sheets against the minnows of European football doesn't matter a toss, like anyone with a brain has seen all along. The only good team we played in qualifying was Russia and they made bits of us home and away. At least we got into the tournament proper but the Trap short term fix won't get us anywhere in the finals.

Spain have been quality. There's certain teams where if you park the bus you have to be perfect defensively + lucky. Ireland have been too shíte to ride their luck unfortunately. Hopefully we can get a result against Italy anyway, they're better than us but don't have the quality that Spain have to get passed the bus!

Great support.
    They will still come back heroes, we were there at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Fans are nearly bringing a tear to my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fair play to the fans for keeping up the singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Roy Keane is it :p

I'd say you'd get shorter odds on Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I actually don't care... Fair ****s to ye lads... Ye got us there, fair play to our team our management and our embarrassingly good fans... If only we had a squad to match them... Roll on Brazil... Coybig forever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Trap makes stupid decisions and the team doesn't play well. Fans singing their fúcking hearts out. Brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

I think spain have this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Amazing supporters.

A massive congratulations to anyone who made the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

George and Ronnie shut up, let us listen to those fantastic fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Irish fans really puts some of the 'fans' in this thread to shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

you know your team is rubbish when thats all you have to cling on to. small fry mentality

Not sure where you're from and who your country is but why the need to kick people when they are down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Irrelevant, still a good gesture and atmosphere created by the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know why Irish people are so concered with "being great".

The Irish crowd this tournament seem to have the soul mission of "being great".

STFU, **** team and **** manager.

Ah piss off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Amazing fans. Doing the country proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The good news is Ireland will need a new system to play as this has been a failure and it was not great system to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Newsflash: We are small fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Great support.
    They will still come back heroes, we were there at least.
    Coming back as heroes is the last thing that should happen. No way should this sort of thing be glorified.

There needs to be a serious post-mortem at the end of this to determine what the best way forward is for 2014, 2016 and more importantly the long-term footballing vision of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78881677

See my post #213. I knew it should have been done, among a few other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

So will the 'kool aid brigade' who pre-tournament labelled the posters pre-tournament with valid concerns 'whingers', 'moaners', and sometimes more choice words man up and apologise?

Somehow, I suspect not.

Apologise? Feck that. I had a go at a few not because I entertained any real notions that we'd do anything but because I wanted to suspend my disbelief and enjoy the buildup without the overwhelming negativity.
    Yes, we've been woefully exposed, and some posters may feel vindicated now but I will never enjoy watching Ireland with the kind of fan who is a complete buzzkill from the outset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

So when is the open top bus thru the city scheduled for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well done to Spain an absolutely wonderful team to watch in full flow. They quite rightly put one of the worst Irish teams I have ever seen to the sword.

Well done to the brilliant Irish Fans for showing other nations how you should conduct yourself at a tournament. Listening to them here I am an extremely proud Irishman! They are a credit to us.

Trapattoni has to go the Irish team has no future playing his anti-football tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

IRISH SUPPORTERS: 1 REST OF THE WORLD: 0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

I know the small fry mentality is pitiful...losers..

Advertisement