Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland vs España

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

will ireland be the first team to officially be out of the tournament at full time if it stays like this? or is anyone else after 2 games?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Keane should be off. We need to start passing and controlling the ball, as oppose to passing it anywhere hoping it'll reach a player. McGeady, Keane and Cox should be off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure if Torres is playing very well tonight, or the irish defence is just very open and easy to manoeuvre in for him.

I reckon its a bit of both, he;s still not quite on his game, but easily good enough to score a couple more in this match.

Ireland lucky to have nil right now. It'll take some cock up for Spain not to win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Every other team has hot women for the camera men to focus on. We have leprechaun suits and neon green trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That ted ad was brutally honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ward was to blame for the goal. I've been more assertive coming home from house parties at 7am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

lol think Ted summed it up perfectly there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Keane has been terrible. Take him off.

what exactly do you want him to do???.... they cant even pass without getting done... not to mind give him ANY form of usable ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Every other team has hot women for the camera men to focus on. We have leprechaun suits and neon green trousers.

Seen a fat spanish burd.....not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ted is a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

monkey9 wrote: »
    I never thought i'd ever say this, but i wouldn't mind if we brought on Darron Gibson in the second half, just because he has a shot on him which could be useful in those slippery conditions!

Hope he has a good shot from the halfway line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Simon Cox is more of an asset to this irish side than Keane. At least he seems to have some game intelligence.

Theres never any structure to Keane's game, he just plays off the cuff. I'd Bring Walters on for McGeady, and Long on for Keane

Have Cox and Walters playing wide of Long. Tuck Duff inside and play 3 through the middle.

Our only hope here is a lucky long ball punt over the top to Shane Long who has a bit of pace. Spain don't see us a threat at all, they are pushing right up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Helix wrote: »
    will ireland be the first team to officially be out of the tournament at full time if it stays like this? or is anyone else after 2 games?

Yes, the dutch the other team who lost 2 can get through with 3 points depending on other results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We were smashed to bits that half. I fear for us in the next half, we spent so much time chasing the game which was going at a high tempo, our boys are going to have nothing left after 60 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Ireland are doing better than I thought, Spain are in 4th gear.
    Gibson for Whelan
    McClean for McGeady
    Long for Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Keane has been terrible. Take him off.
    If fairness he's upfront on his own with nothing coming his way what do you expect from him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

For our limited time in attack, Cox has done well. Robbie needs to show more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    lol think Ted summed it up perfectly there!

Will be joining the RTE panel.

Better than expected. Whelan doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can we bring Katie Taylor on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its only 1 Nil!
    Its only 1 niiiiiiiiiil!

You useless bastards its only 1 nil :P

Paul McShane time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

If we could spike the Spaniards half-time drinks ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

1 nil is not the end of the world. Switch Walters for Cox, and McClean and McGeady and have a go at them and make sure that no matter what the score a bit of pride can be registered.

All these people who've been nowhere to be seen in an Ireland thread for years and are now coming in abusing players can **** off tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Outplayed.
    Outclassed.
    Little Possession.
    Little threat on goal.

Still only 1-0. Still hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Iniesta is just truly amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Xavi and Xabi Alonso (106) have completed more passes (excl. crosses) than the whole Ireland team put together (104) in the first half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

antodeco wrote: »
    Given doesn't look able at all.

He didn't look able the first game either, lord knows why a man who's so obviously not fit is taking the pitch, he rushed back to playing way too soon after the knee op. Keane is not fit either and it's showing badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

COYBIG

Long for Keane to bring a bit more energy up front. Gibson on for Whelan who has been poor. Hope we can keep it tight and nick a goal somewhere.

I can dream :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HT: Xavi and Xabi Alonso (106) have completed more passes (excl. crosses) than the whole #IRL team put together (104) in the first half

edit - damn you Keno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They showed the goal again and Given should definitely have saved that.

• Advertisement

Even John Giles said given had no chance with the goal, too powerful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The only good thing about that half is that somehow (and I cannot figure out how) we are only 1 nil down. If we could sneak a draw then at least it keeps everyone interested in the last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

COYBIG

Long for Keane to bring a bit more energy up front. (

i Long for it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Wouldn't blame Given for the goal, that was a rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Soups123 wrote: »
    If fairness he's upfront on his own with nothing coming his way what do you expect from him??

The defending of Keane is comical at times. Maybe he can put himself about a bit more like Cox seems to be doing. He cannot hold the ball up, he cannot win possession back, he cannot link the play, he is not dangerous over the top, he cannot win it in the air, I struggle to see what he is actually good at to be honest

He can't even be a nuisance for central defenders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Even John Gules said given had no chance with the goal, too powerful

I think he could done better to be fair, however that defending by Ward was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

maybe we could have 3 up front? Ireland would have a long keane cox surely we could penetrate a little more with that combination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

We need pace on the counter, McClean and Walters offer that, counter attacking with fast players is our only chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Roy Keane just said Shay should have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did Eamo just say we have guts and Brazilians? If only:)

bizmark wrote: »
    maybe we could have 3 up front? Ireland would have a long keane cox surely we could penetrate a little more with that combination

We have enough holes already with 9 behind the ball.

Yea good man Roy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Why are people calling for McClean? Have you's had your head in the sand the last few days?? He's no chance of even being asked to have a stretch !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Would love if trap changes it, but he won't. Keane should not have played due to the type of game we are going to play as long would cause problems with his pace or Walters with his strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,463 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Even John Giles said given had no chance with the goal, too powerful

They are trying to be nice to Shay and won't criticise. But he should have blocked that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I wasn't impressed with him at all vs Croatia, but Andrews has been the best man out there tonight for Ireland, so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

G.K. wrote: »
    Roy Keane just said Shay should have done better.

Well if the traitor said it then that makes it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

45 mins to become legends........believe.....COYBIG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hopefully Ted makes an appearance.

To people wanting changes I don't know what exactly you're hoping. We have no one who can alter what's happening here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement