Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People In History Q

Options
  • 14-06-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi all! :)
    I have a quick Q!
    I am an Honours History and for people in history yesterday I misread the question and wrote all about a mine worker not an owner :(
    I started it off with ''Hi my name is .. I have been working in the mines since i was ...'' :(

Will I get ANY marks?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Ehm I'd presume so I mean they're fairly similar :o hmmmm check examinations.ie for the marking scheme on previous people on history questions

• Registered Users Posts: 12 km71domino

if you wrote down fact information you could get up to as much marks as the owner essay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

What did you write about in the essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I mentioned the mine acts and all and I wrote about the conditions that the workers were iin but I wrote it in first person account and my job since the start of the mines and song birds and all? ;/ Oh and where they live (in the huts) and all

I just found the question ''A factory/mine owner during the Industrial Revolution in Britain, c. 1850.'' in the 2005 HL Paper.

Then it says in the marking scheme for it:
    ''If the answer is exclusively from the perspective of the factory worker,
    Max CM = 8 Max OM =0.
    ''

CM= Facts
    OM= Over all mark, (the examiners judgement on it)

Don't know if thats any help.. :confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I just found the question ''A factory/mine owner during the Industrial Revolution in Britain, c. 1850.'' in the 2005 HL Paper.

Then it says in the marking scheme for it:
    ''If the answer is exclusively from the perspective of the factory worker,
    Max CM = 8 Max OM =0.
    ''

CM= Facts
    OM= Over all mark, (the examiners judgement on it)

Don't know if thats any help.. :confused::)
    unfortunately this means that if you did it on a factory worker you can only get 8 points out of 20 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes, you have to answer the question asked to get full marks.

Don't worry about it OP - not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 727Rasa196

Hi all! :)
    I have a quick Q!
    I am an Honours History and for people in history yesterday I misread the question and wrote all about a mine worker not an owner :(
    I started it off with ''Hi my name is .. I have been working in the mines since i was ...'' :(

Will I get ANY marks?! :(

Made a similar mistake in the pre. Said i was George Washington when i was supposed to be a supporter of him. Still got 16 so you should get some marks :)

Try not to worry. I only got 3 out of 20 marks, in one of the people in history on the pre exam. Still managed to get a B tho. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Absolutely raging :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 concerned student

727Rasa196 wrote: »
    Made a similar mistake in the pre. Said i was George Washington when i was supposed to be a supporter of him. Still got 16 so you should get some marks :)

ya i did the same in my pre's but i made sure that i got it right in the real thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Don't worry about it.

Take it as a learning-curve for your LC. As Spurious said, you need to answer the question asked to get full marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Don't worry about it.

Take it as a learning-curve for your LC. As Spurious said, you need to answer the question asked to get full marks.

iloveconverse is right. Its done now, there is nothing you can do about it so dont worry and focus on your next exam unless your finished of course. I am still waiting for music. Dont have post mortems you can still do good OP.

Advertisement