Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Player Rulings in leagues

• 14-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Does anyone else think that restrictions on county players in teams within leagues is wrong??

I only know of a few examples,
    South County Dublin league - only play 2 on a night
    Meath League - 4 play on a night
    Westmeath League - No restrictions

Whats the story in the Borough League and further afield??

If a team is good regardless of county players theyll win leagues, games should be decided on the dartboard not by rules and regs in my eyes?

Our Westmeath League 7/8 had between 3-5 CP's and is always competitive, a different winner last 4 years.

Thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Makes no sense whatsoever having a restriction . I think many players would opt out of the county scene if it meant they had to give up playing in their league so the county team gets weakened and a team could still have a squad of county-standard players ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

No restriction for the borough league, if you look at the Fitzpatrick team 90% of them are on the Wicklow team.

think its a silly rule that hurts the county teams in the long run because it stops great players going for the team because they know they might not be able to play in their league every week

Advertisement