Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The zero interest in soccer thread.

• 14-06-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Or is there one already? Well anyway, stuff. The whole country has gone football mad and I'm sick of it. Boring shíte the lot of it, and it's a sasanach sport to boot (no pun intended).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It was done before, it got locked...

So well, inb4thlock! :pac:

But I'll agree with you, football is mad boring and most people have just jumped onto the euro bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

make a thread about something you do have an interest in, not what you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Quiet in here............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

phasers wrote: »
    make a thread about something you do have an interest in, not what you don't.

Fair point. I'm interested in not having any interest in soccer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm eating a cinnamon and raisin bagel with Nutella - it's freaking awesome!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Haroldinio

I like the atmosphere that the euros are bringing but i can't make myself watch the games.....I do like ireland tho..........
    Can i stay in here for a while..........I brought a deck of cards and pringles:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Don't really care about the football, but an excuse for a few pints, sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

I like watching it but football is just not our sport. It's depressing watching us play really. Love how optimistic everyone is though even though they know our team is pretty bad in comparison with others in the group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Someone here who has absolutely zero interest in soccer and never had. :)

In School we use to have the choice of soccer or study on a Wednesday afternoon. I was study for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Well, it's better then watching Golf.

• Advertisement

Only marginally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I like watching them run about while i sit and eat a chinese:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I never would have guessed you hadn't any interest in soccer, The Scientician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Last time I watched a soccer match was in 2002 when I got a day off school for some world cup game. I just played snake instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Why does everyone do the in b4 the lock thing?
    It's really annoying.
    And yeah, I have zero interest in anything sports related.
    And this is going to be locked or moved in a matter on minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

At least Golfers are some bit articulate (Mcilroy verses Rooney) Golf doesn't involve stupid amounts of money (transfer deals and the like) and at least Golf doesn't inspire yob culture like football/soccer does. Can you imagine riots and rival supporters clashing at the US PGA?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

can I stay here for awhile, my nerves are shattered with the other thread.

hondasam wrote: »
    can I stay here for awhile, my nerves are shattered with the other thread.

Sure! Pull up a pew.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Haroldinio

Please......please........please........ don't lock this thread..........SANCTUARY!......SANCTUARY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

NERRRRDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Soccer is da poop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Lard-ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Why does everyone do the in b4 the lock thing?
    It's really annoying.

What in before lock thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Sasanachball is a decent game for girls. That's not being sexist, it just is. (Girls can play other sports too equally as well as men, I'm not saying otherwise). Couldn't be arsed to watch it to be honest. Might take a passing interest to read a report in the paper. Same as I would for the cricket team or any other sport like that. At least in the cricket, they beat a few of the bigger name teams :-) . I did check the score there because people asked if I was watching it but couldn't give a sh1te about the result. I'd wish them luck of course and prefer if they won matches, but am not really too bothered if they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Or is there one already? Well anyway, stuff. The whole country has gone football mad and I'm sick of it. Boring shíte the lot of it, and it's a sasanach sport to boot (no pun intended).

Its not just soccer really its all ball games...

Xantia wrote: »
    Its not just soccer really its all ball games...

You must be a riot in bed....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Actually I find the Football enthusiasts to be the real nerds, knowing all the players, going all geeky about Scores and who won on what date. Dont worry, this tread wont get locked until the game is over as you said the whole country except for us are watching the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Amazing, absolutly amazing, only in AH could someone attack football, and the English, in one thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no interest either, I couldnt tell you what team 99% of players play for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I don't like football at all, the game itself is fairly dull yet it has such a massive following. There's like 30 seconds of action and the rest of the time is just passing to each other.

Why does everyone jump on the bandwagon?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Quite enjoyed playing it when younger but it is quite boring to watch for me. Didn't know what all the ireland flags around were about :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

1ZRed wrote: »
    You must be a riot in bed....:p

Yes actually....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I'd like it more if we didnt suck so badly at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Dry ****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

If you have zero interest why make such a big deal about it ffs, I aint the biggest fan of cricket but I am not making a zero interest in cricket thread.

Is this just a cry for attention or sonmething? Seriously if you do not like football there should be a couple of hundred of channels on sky where there is no football so why complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

There's a thread about hot girls in the crowd. It's not about football. It's about hot girls... in the crowd. Go look. I'll wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Did we win?
    I know we didn't do anything to win anything, but it would be nice to win something.

I haven't won anything in a few years (apart from the lotto), but I like being part of a winning team.

My son has zero interest in soccer, "It's called football" he's always shouting!
    FOOTBALL NOT Fúcking soccer

He's very serious about it as well....

Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

My son has zero interest in soccer, "It's called football" he's always shouting!
    FOOTBALL NOT Fúcking soccer

He's very serious about it as well....

Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.......
    If this isn't a joke you are one shit father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Who you callin' nerds? Huh? HUH!?

• Advertisement

If this isn't a joke you are one shit father.

I assume his real dad is English so.

You did know that though, right!?:eek:

deisedave wrote: »
    If you have zero interest why make such a big deal about it ffs, I aint the biggest fan of cricket but I am not making a zero interest in cricket thread.

Is this just a cry for attention or sonmething? Seriously if you do not like football there should be a couple of hundred of channels on sky where there is no football so why complain.

Well the cricket doesn't take over all the national media when it's on. And ffs it's only starting a bleedin' AH thread. I didn't start a petition or anything. Just a bit of crack like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭mrpdap

I'm a sports fan, I participate and encourage others to do so. The first section I open in a newspaper is the sports section. I love the psychology of sport and the motivation of the athletes but....... I just cannot comprehend soccer at the 'elite' level or understand the huge following it has.
    I say 'elite' because it's different if it's kids playing or pub or work teams.
    I really tried to get behind my country and watch the match last Sun but could only endure 20 mins. It is so dull and boring, very little happens.
    Anyway, not for me, my last attempt to follow the team, but each to his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

I honestly never understood how someone can not like football. I have a brother who hates it. Never played,watched or has ever been to a game. I always found it quite weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

gufnork wrote: »
    There's a thread about hot girls in the crowd. It's not about football. It's about hot girls... in the crowd. Go look. I'll wait.

Link?

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Link?

Damn it, I've gone and lost it now.

I remember it had euro 2012 in the title if that's any help!

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Link?

Found it!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056664734?page=1#post_79106142

Hope this link works, I'm on the mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Could people please stop calling it "Football"

The term football implies that it is some sort of sport (as opposed to a money racket! and not at all Sasanach!

It does a great disservice to those who actually do play football as amateurs in a sporting capacity, not like the money grabbing pansie soccer mob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Ironic given that GAA, the amateur game, is much closer to the classically British, 19th century conception of sport than football is today.

The GAA is undeniably a Britist-style organisation, albeit in Ireland.

KingK wrote: »
    I honestly never understood how someone can not like football. I have a brother who hates it. Never played,watched or has ever been to a game. I always found it quite weird!

I think it's weird that people don't like reading

to each their own really

as for gaa or football whatever I couldn't possibly care less about it or what it's called

• Advertisement
Advertisement